"Grey's" Star Checked In to UCLA Psych Ward

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by Principessa, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

"Grey's" Star Checked In to UCLA Psych Ward
    Posted Jan 31st 2008 6:51PM by TMZ Staff
    [​IMG]TMZ has learned actor Justin Chambers, Dr. Alex Karev on "Grey's Anatomy," checked himself in to the psych ward at UCLA Medical Center this week. Yes, it's the same place ...

Chambers' rep confirmed to TMZ that star checked in on Monday and checked out yesterday.

The rep claims Chambers, a married father of five, was "exhausted and suffers from a sleeping disorder. He went in voluntarily to get some help."

Chambers was in the same ward where Britney is being treated.

Sounds like the poor guy needs a vacation sans family not a psych ward; but then again I am not a doctor.

2. MalakingTiti

Gold Member

Albums:
    What I want to know is, how come these celebrities always seem to suffer from "exhaustion", when the common longshoreman, construction worker, baker, newspaper stand owner, waitress, or any other hard working person earning an honest living, works their ass off, interacts with their family on every level daily, with NO EXTRA HIRED ASSISTANT'S WHATSOEVER, maintains perfectly fine? These are people who have reason to be exhausted, yet they might only mention being a bit tired from time to time. It appears privledge makes you soft.

3. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

I agree with Titi.

It seems to me like he went in there to get his name in the paper and a little publicity. Same deal with Britney. That skank ho bitch :tongue:

4. bigandcut

bigandcut Member

Albums:
    Tiki - thats a great point. Although I seel sorry for Britney....geez she can't catch a break....paparazzi everywhere all of the time....I think I would be nuts too....she should go away to an island for an extended amount of time - let KFed and the kids come along - no TV...just extended family time and let the poor girl get her mind back together. Just my opinion.:cool:

5. 9incharkansasdick

9incharkansasdick New Member

These people feed off publicity. They shoot two or three days a month and then are exhausted? I am a chef and work 70-90 hours per week on my feet, and I can't take my sorry ass to a hospital for a break.

6. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

excellent comments! considering the $300/day co-pay my HMO gets for a hospital visit, I might as well check into the Beverly Hilton...

But then I don't have the $$$ to go to a Motel 6!!!

7. D_Sue Ellen Brastretcher

D_Sue Ellen Brastretcher Account Disabled

Oh, he's a cutie. If I had 5 kids I'd be in a psych ward, too. lol

8. ruggerbutt

ruggerbutt New Member

I am fed up with Britney news, she should XXXXX herself off a bridge. How dare she dominant news when other people are in more distress. She is a rich cow who has no respect for anyone or herself. She is her own demon.

9. B_Hung Muscle

B_Hung Muscle New Member

I'm exhausted, too. I better check myself in to that ward. Patrick Dempsey can check in, too. And then I will give them both something that will really wear them out.

10. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, um, try living here in L.A. :wink:

11. lemonhead

lemonhead Member

"Exhaustion" is a Hollywood euphemism for either mental illness or drug/alchohol addiction.

12. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

well i thought he was losing his mind for a second there when he praised openly not too long ago on some awards show fergie's performance of clumsy. lol

13. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Actually, I think "exhaustion" is specifically drugs/alchohol, and "dehydration" is mental illness. Hmm, or is it the other way around. OH! Or maybe "dehydration" is the combo of "C) All the above". I always forget. :tongue:

I just remember that after Martin Lawrence went on his rambling, gun-toting escapade, that he was "suffering from dehydration". It's a fairly common running punchline, "Save the celebrities, give them a glass of water."

14. RobinSF

RobinSF Member

And a ham sandwich.

15. Meniscus

Gold Member

Wait, I'm coming, too!

16. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    well, whatever happens, i hope he's ok. i actually like Justin Chambers...

i do like Britney too, but man, i would love a month without hearing about her. why does there always have to be a celebrity who dominates the news to the point of nausea like:

Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck
    Lindsay Lohan
    Britney Spears
    Paris Hilton
    Anna Nicole Smith
    Brad and Angelina
    Tom and Katie.

and so on and so on.

17. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

To quote Adele Givens:

"What the fuck is that all about?! Bitch, if you exhausted, you need to take a fuckin' nap! Go around workin' two jobs and got some bad ass kids at home, THEN you exhausted."

18. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, at least the news about Micheal Jackson has stopped. He was one freak I hated to see in the news.

With Brittney, my feeling is that she's been in show business since she was ten? and can't figure out any way to deal with herself unless its a news release. She needs help, big time.

Exhaustion? Yeah, those folks party too hard. That's when you wake up from a binge and grab a beer at 8 AM and start the cycle over again.

Mind you, there are lots of Hollywood types we love that don't go in the party circuit. I never hear of Bruce Campbell doing the Hangover Square treatment.

Draft saved Draft deleted