Grindr Tested/hiv Status

ppppp399

Experimental Member
Media
New to Grindr, if someone posts the month and year when they were last tested but doesn't post that they are HIV negative (they leave that field empty), is one to infer that they are positive? Or am I thinking too hard about this? Seems odd that you would leave that next field blank unless you didn't want to say it... or is tested for other sexual health issues as well (STI's, etc.)?

Reactions: ohiorod

RowanB

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Don't think that means anything or that people keep it updated.

Just checked and my profile said that I was last tested more than 2 years ago, when in truth, I test every 3 months.

Just ask the guy and regardless of what he says, *always* use condoms!!

Reactions: malakos and tito21

New to Grindr, if someone posts the month and year when they were last tested but doesn't post that they are HIV negative (they leave that field empty), is one to infer that they are positive? Or am I thinking too hard about this? Seems odd that you would leave that next field blank unless you didn't want to say it... or is tested for other sexual health issues as well (STI's, etc.)?
It is just a field that people fill out, like age and weight. People lie. Assume everyone on there isn't presenting their 100% honest self. It is a app designed to get laid, with some pictures and a little self marketing. There aren't any checks and balances aside from what someone voluntarily fills in.

So. Be safe. Always.

If you want it to go further, as in there is mutual interest in dating, then bring up his status.

Reactions: tito21

ohiorod

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As someone who works in the HIV field, I believe that they are inferring that they are negative. I agree with many of the respondents in advising you to seek additional info. If you are not sure, proceed with caution or protection, whether it be condoms of PrEP.

Reactions: winesthel945