groping at work...

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't think groping at work is appropriate at all! If two people are interested in each other it needs to be taken away from the workplace. Just because the two individuals are ok with it it does not mean that others around them are ok with it.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't think groping at work is appropriate at all! If two people are interested in each other it needs to be taken away from the workplace. Just because the two individuals are ok with it it does not mean that others around them are ok with it.
i would agree with that entirely.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
that's not flirting! that's crossed the line of what flirting is a long time ago!!

is it hot in here?

i would define flirting as smiles, looks, laughs and a little unuendo. by that standard, i've never flirted in my life!
Are you talking to me? I didn't say any of that was flirting, I meandered off-topic which I am known to do. But I brought it back full-circle. I didn't say how, but I did say we flirted with the security guards, and that behavior with the guards escalated from flirting if the guards allowed it. I was deliberately inflating your proposed scenario to an extreme, which I thought would be cool since your hypothetical was, well, hypothetical, and I described something that actually happened to me. And then just to keep it fair, I answered your original question. I think you would have hated that office, but they would have loved you!

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
Even though this is a global network, involving people of different cultures and acceptable definitions of work behavior, I think the majority of individuals here feel that "groping" is unacceptable behavior during work hours. In America, the legal implications are serious and many businesses have a zero tolerance for sexual harassment. The guy would be hard pressed to argue "she asked it" if she was only 'flirting'.

The best response to a flirtatious co-worker would be "how about joining me for a drink after work" and go from there...IF you are interested. If not, a polite smile and "I need to get back to work now" will cool her off. (I also like the 'fuck off' comment, too!) LOL

But GROPING...at WORK?? Nah...nope..nada...never!

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
(That was when I worked in an office bulding. I've worked from home for years, where groping is perfectly acceptable. My guy doesn't mind at all.) :wink:

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd wait until she groped me. Problem solved.

This, I agree with 100%. I had a super-cute co-worker who once leaned over and whispered that I could choke her anytime I wanted and sauntered away. Gave me an instant hard-on, but never touched her until she touched me first. The power structure is too precarious to fuck with unless you're absolutely sure she's of the same mindset.

P.S. Submissivegirl83, that was sexual harassment. No doubt about it.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Work + pleasure= unemployment line

^That equation is what I go by. I never flirt (its nit my thing) and I never have nor would I "dip my pen in company ink". And when i have been flirted with I've been too stupid or oblivious to realize it. I always get told after the fact by friends, girls and guys alike. I'm just not attuned to it.

if a female worker flirted with a male coworker,
what degree of flirting would make him groping her excusable?

I have had a few instances where firting at work has led to groping and even more. I didn't treat it any different than if I was on a date with the woman. I look at it this way, if she was flirting like this with me at home would I make a move? If the answer is yes, then I make a move, if not, then I don't. Seems pretty common sense.