Gross and Disgusting Foods

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I would love better that fried whole turkey, yummy...but i dont leave in a house to make it without get in fire hazard situation....:biggrin1:

There are electric turkey fryers. I own one. The electric ones are safe to use inside. A 13 lb. turkey takes one hour to fry at 400 degrees.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I like Thai food.

Ah..always want ask you people but forgot about it...

Somebody can explain me the difference between thai and chinese food?:confused:

I had only chinese, mostly take outs..I think. And where I live there is no really good chinese restaurant..maybe I have to travel another county to check...:biggrin1:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Life is too short to always be eating the same stuff. If you try something and hate it how much time have you wasted on it? a minute? Sushi is wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.

Thing is I don't eat the same stuff everyday. I don't eat all this stuff everyday.

I don't eat sashimi. I will eat the vegetable sushi. I cook lots of different stuff so I don't start disliking what I eat.

Wrey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Most of my food rules tend to rotate around texture issues. I'm Puerto RIcan and there are many foods from my culture that don't pass the test: flan, pasteles (puerto rican version)

Foods I will eat that many will not are: octopus salad, sushi, and liver.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can make that...I fried a turkey every year for Thanksgiving and it is a hit. My sister always puts out a quarter of the fried turkey for the fam and three quarters of it gets put in the underground double switch key refrigerator safe in the Louvre. :smile:

I've always wanted to try fried turkey. Everyone says it's delicious. Guess I should have bought a fryer instead of a vacuum cleaner last night...

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There are electric turkey fryers. I own one. The electric ones are safe to use inside. A 13 lb. turkey takes one hour to fry at 400 degrees.

How cool, thank you I did not know that! There is any brand name you suggest or they are all the same?

People, if you know how turkey is so cheap in US compared to Brasil! I love turkey!!!:cool: :biggrin1:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ah..always want ask you people but forgot about it...

Somebody can explain me the difference between thai and chinese food?:confused:

Thai food uses vegetables and fruits of Thailand: Tamarind. Kaffir Limes and leaves. Cilantro. Thai basil. Lemongrass. Bean Sprouts. Jasmine rice. Coconuts. Coconut milk. Banana. Chicken. Fish. Beef. Fish sauce. Soy Sauce. Chiles. Thai food prepares the food in the way of the Chinese with woks and bamboo steamers.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
How cool, thank you I did not know that! There is any brand name you suggest or they are all the same?

People, if you know how turkey is so cheap in US compared to Brasil! I love turkey!!!:cool: :biggrin1:

Turkey fryers range from 50 bucks to a couple of hundred dollars. You should Google it. Mine is a Charmglow brand electric turkey fryer. I bought one at K-Mart for 50 bucks. It was on sale. I bought one for my sister's birthday. She was thrilled...:smile:

Yeah you could do a Brazilian style fried turkey using the spices from Brazil that would be suitable for turkey. Caipirnhas--I love those drinks.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Life is too short to always be eating the same stuff. If you try something and hate it how much time have you wasted on it? a minute? Sushi is wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.
Before you cross the big pond, you and I absolutely MUST have lunch at my favorite sushi restaurant... it's in Ballston. Let me know when!

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Turkey fryers range from 50 bucks to a couple of hundred dollars. You should Google it. Mine is a Charmglow brand electric turkey fryer. I bought one at K-Mart for 50 bucks. It was on sale. I bought one for my sister's birthday. She was thrilled...:smile:

Yeah you could do a Brazilian style fried turkey using the spices from Brazil that would be suitable for turkey. Caipirnhas--I love those drinks.

Thank you very much Invisibleman...you do know your cooks ways a lot...:wink: :cool:

Yeh I love caipirinha too, for this motive when I drink I only drink margaritas in the US..the ones they mix good tequila and some more other alcohol stuff there...no salt and no crushed ice too.:cool:

But than I do not really like mix alcohol with food courses just finger food, with food food I have just water...

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thank you very much Invisibleman...you do know your cooks ways a lot...:wink: :cool:

Yeh I love caipirinha too, for this motive when I drink I only drink margaritas in the US..the ones they mix good tequila and some more other alcohol stuff there...no salt and no crushed ice too.:cool:

But than I do not really like mix alcohol with food courses just finger food, with food food I have just water...

I inherited (late) my cooking gene from my mom. She was a great cook...I ended up with a dilemma after my mom passed away. Was I ever going to have a great sweet potato pie or pound cake again? I was like I am going to learn how to cook.
Like in those Robert Rodriguez Ten Minute Cooking Schools...

"Not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck." --Robert Rodriguez .

He says : one should learn a few recipes and learn them well. Imagine having your own restaurant...what would you like to serve at your restaurant? Learn the recipes. Design a menu if you have to.

I thought that his advice was very sage.

You're are sooooo welcome to the advice, Gisella. :smile:

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Thanks, everyone, for replying.:smile:

Gillette, and everyone else that loves mayonnaise in strange combinations, I have a brother-in-law that eats damn near everything with mayonnaise! I myself have mentioned somewhere here before that I love mayonnaise and potted meat sandwiches. Mayonnaise is one of my favorite condiments!:biggrin:

Orcabomber, you bring up something which I forgot to include last night, which is, what gross foods would you like to try? I am with you in wanting to eat snake meat one of these days! I've seen plenty of people eating snake meat burritos that looked yummy.

Let's see, I've thought of more things while reading the replies so far...

I absolutely HATE sardines. I have tried them and they are disgusting. I love cilantro in pico de gallo salsa (we have that on tacos de buche). I love cabbage! My mom always makes calabacitas, which is cabbage, squash, corn, green chile, and sometimes with meat. Since St. Patrick's Day is coming up, I must say that I absolutely love cornbeef and cabbage! And my mom makes the best!

Again, thanks for replying!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hahah, all the people who say "no sushi" probably have a misconception about what sushi is. Sushi IS NOT raw fish (that's sashimi). Sushi refers, actually, to the seasoned rice, which can be served with many things. I make raw fish sushi, cooked fish sushi (usually steamed shrimp or teriyaki glazed eel), vegan sushi with seasoned vegetables, and last week I made teriyaki broiled chicken nigiri sushi wrapped in nori strips. It was exquisite.

At Thai and Vietnamese restaurants, I love the guoi cuon appetizer, sort of like a bean sprout and cilantro salad wrapped in soft rice paper wrappers, and served cold with peanut dipping sauce.

Oh, back to the disgusting things... I love cabbage and brussels sprouts, but my partner hates them. I also love parsnips, but even though he has never tasted them, he claims to loathe them. And kim-chee... YUM!

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mayonnaise...I don't eat much of. If I had a choice--Miracle Whip. Hellman's and Duke's Mayo are tied second.

That would tie Hellmann's and Dukes for first place.
Miracle_Whip is not a mayonaise, but a mayonaise substitute. It has more of a vinegary flavor and is branded as a salad dressing or on some bottles simply as a dressing.

Tread carefully with a diehard Hellmann's supporter, the feud is long.:wink:

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
That would tie Hellmann's and Dukes for first place.
Miracle_Whip is not a mayonaise, but a mayonaise substitute. It has more of a vinegary flavor and is branded as a salad dressing or on some bottles simply as a dressing.

Tread carefully with a diehard Hellmann's supporter, the feud is long.:wink:

I grew up on Hellmann's, but I only use Duke's now. I just like the taste better.

Miracle Whip is a nasty invention that should never be used...ever! It ranks up there with Cool Whip for the vilest condiments ever thought up by scientists.

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
My diet consists of:

black Chuckles

bread heels

green potato chips

chocolate covered ants

x amount of servings of That Which Is Delivered

beer and cigarettes

coffee and cigarettes (poor man's latte: 24 oz. cup, two packs instant cocoa, 20 oz. coffee, big shot of whole milk, shake the piss out of it)

anything that doesn't move

anything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger :tongue: