Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There seems to be more activity when a group is started than there is after it has been around for a while. I was not aware that there was an overall decline of activity among all groups.

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't know about all groups Calboner, but I'm a member of several and they do seem to go dead after the first rush of people joining.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it's because most issues that concern the members here get raised in new threads. Anybody with an opinion on that issue/fetish/desire/want/need tends to post in the thread. The groups seem to be duplicative...

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't even know what a group is??? Is it just me, or maybe folks just don't know about them?

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The Real Ladies Group is a group, El.

Plus, it gets regular posts. I belong to another one as well that has gets regular posts, although at a slightly slower pace.

It seems people tend to collect groups as a way to indicate their interests as opposed to actually participating in them. I've seen profile pages with 20 or 30 groups listed on them. No way is that person posting in all those groups.

spoon

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Plus, it gets regular posts. I belong to another one as well that has gets regular posts, although at a slightly slower pace.

It seems people tend to collect groups as a way to indicate their interests as opposed to actually participating in them. I've seen profile pages with 20 or 30 groups listed on them. No way is that person posting in all those groups.

i think you're right. other than the real ladies group-people don't seem to post in the other groups too much.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think that the big problem with the LPSG social groups is that they are not set up to generate subscriptions in the way that the message boards are. When you join a group you are not automatically subscribed to receive notice on your control panel of new postings within that group, and when you post in a discussion within a group you are not automatically subscribed to receive notice of new additions to that discussion. One can add subscriptions by using the "Group Tools" link on each group page. I have found it expedient to add a subscription to each of the groups to which I belong, but not to discussions within groups, as that clutters up my control panel needlessly. I will make a suggestion on this matter in the "Suggestions" forum.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Posted, after a paragraph based on my previous post here, in a thread in "Questions, Comments, and Suggestions":
I suggest that being subscribed to receive notice of updates should be the default setting for those who join an LPSG social group.