Groups?

bobg4400

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think it's because they're not as easily accessible as the forums so people keep posting in the forums and forget about the groups.
There's nothing on the side saying if anything happens in your groups like a new thread or anything nor what other members of your groups are logged in.

D_HermanSmellville

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think they act like badges for people to have on their profile pages, show certain interests etc and nothing more. Not sure how much deep conversations go down on "CFNM webcam" or "Big ol Titties" groups but I could be wrong.

The public forums and boards is where it's at.

* I'll now await the backlash from members of "CFNM webcam" as well as "Big ol Titties"

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
It helps if you 'subscribe' to the group you're a member of - then you see any activity. A problem I had before that was getting teed off checking on groups to find no changes, forgetting for a while then checking back to find I'd missed an active conversation - but if you subscribe any activity just pops up in your CP.

bobg4400

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It helps if you 'subscribe' to the group you're a member of - then you see any activity. A problem I had before that was getting teed off checking on groups to find no changes, forgetting for a while then checking back to find I'd missed an active conversation - but if you subscribe any activity just pops up in your CP.

Oh cool, I had no idea you could do this.
They should make it automatically subscribed to the group if you join, like when you're automatically subscribed to a thread when you post in it.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Oh cool, I had no idea you could do this.
They should make it automatically subscribed to the group if you join, like when you're automatically subscribed to a thread when you post in it.

Yes, they should - it'd be easily undone for those that didn't want it. And thread subs didn't used to be automatic either - that was a pita back then too.

Why does no one else post in groups? I mean you part of that group but dont have anything to share, post about? Talk fellow group members!

I have wondered about this and I don't think that any answer is sufficient. It can be a number of things already mentioned or it could be no reason at all. People tend to be a bit lazy so where ever is easiest, that is where one will post.

have wondered that as well...

maybe some of the groups are just to ID "like-minded" individuals...

IDK... I've dropped out of groups b/c they are not very socially active.

I agree, and I too have dropped out of Grps do to lack of activity.

Thanks. I am subscribing to keep up with the activity or inactivity.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
maybe some of the groups are just to ID "like-minded" individuals...

I think they act like badges for people to have on their profile pages, show certain interests etc and nothing more.

+1 to both these comments.....

I joined quite a few groups because I liked the particular topic, but TBH I have nothing to contribute to them other than my interest.

Most of the topics tend to get covered in the forums/threads anyway.

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Bumping this old thread for a question -- anyone know the policy, stated or otherwise, about promoting groups? Obviously not posting to off-topic threads if the group isn't relevant, but are there any ways to get a group noticed and/or more traffic?