Growing a Beard

D_Edwin Eatser

Sexy Member
Media
Be sure to continue shaving your neck. For at least a week, this will be the only thing to indicate to people that you are growing a beard and are not just a hobo or a slob.

Yes, had a full beard for a few years now and couldn't agree more with that! Some women are really turned on by bearded men and most guys don't seem to mind, I'm glad to say.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've had beards off and on since I've been 16. It's never been a barrier to my success, either professionally or romantically. I had a momentary crisis when my chin (formerly red) turned white, but that passed quickly.

The last time I shaved my face completely clean, several people told me that it didn't suit me, that I didn't look quite like me. So I've grown it back and plan on keeping it. My gallery pics show my current facial hair.

Without getting into any of those complicated (and to my eyes, rather prissy) shaving/sculpting looks (the infamous "chin strap" springs to mind), a full beard requires that you shave both your neck and cheeks if you want to keep it neat. Lately I've been sporting a mustache/goatee thing, neatly trimmed, and use my beard trimmer to leave some scruff on my neck and the rest of my face. Personally, I think it looks pretty hot, and since I get no complaints, that would appear to be the majority opinion as well.

shinato

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
my face is a topiary, lol. i change my look alot. plus i think there's something really sexy about a guy with a big bushy beard. my bf has a fairly long bushy goatee.

ladsonbehr49

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
real men have long beards and mine is just over a year old and I have to tell ya it is great not having to worry about shaving at all and thank my lucky stars my job does not care either. I think manscaping is so yesterday and so gay and I am seeing so many men without hair on their bodies and faces that makes me wonder if they are trying to look like teenagers and keep the youth on their side or afraid to get old.

NightFish

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've worn a beard for over 10 years now. Grow yours out and see what you think. If you like it, get a good beard trimmer so you can keep it groomed. I keep mine fairly close in the summer months but go wooly at the first frost. Living in Maine, it is almost expected to have a beard during the winter. Hell most of the women already have them.

Last edited:

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
In our little family all three of the males are very hairy. I gave up shaving for several reasons. The first and biggest being that it hides some acne scarring from my teenage years and the second being that shaving would have to be done not only once per day but if I were going anywhere in the evening I would have to do it again. I am also heavily bearded and the hair line is high on my cheeks and low on my neck. I tend to keep it short and am fanatical about a neat "edge job" if I am going anywhere other than to the supermarket.

The adopted one at age 23 has the same problem. This has been a comedy in some respects. He tried to keep himself "trendy", when he was in his teens but it just did not work even then. As his facial hair continues to develop the "wookie genes" are part of his genetic make-up as well. When he he hated the beard only a couple of years ago, the growth is so profuse and so fast with him now (and it definitely still has a long way to go) that he now wears a beard and hesitates to shave it off. He has very dark facial and body hair so a dark shadow is visible within 12 hours of shaving. He did not understand the reasons I would not do it or the reasons my life-partner would not do it until this happened to him.

Personally, I prefer facial AND body hair to be left alone. I am extremely hairy and when I was shopping for a partner I preferred those I dated to be the same.

If you have great facial hair patterns a beard looks really great on a guy and there are a number of styles to choose from. Once the hair quantity goes beyond a certain point the styles become more limited, but you still have a great deal you can do.

Facial hair is a great masculine adornment for those who are genetically blessed with it. I am very pro beard and my own beard is something I love and cherish simply because it has become part of me.