Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This just appeared on my Facebook page today. How many of us can identify with this?

http://sexism.aplus.com/b/growing-u...2984&utm_source=a84503&c=36&ts_pid=2&ts_pid=2

My favorite: "Ooo, you're in a mood today. Are you on your period?"
That's always one of my favourites, too. Boys can be angry anytime they like, but girls must be hormonal.

The other one I liked was the "four strong boys". Unless we were in university and teacher was moving a tank, strength was pretty even right up until puberty hit.

I have three sisters, 2 older, 1 is the youngest. Also a younger brother. Am in the middle, but my name is not Malcolm.

So growing up in a house with females was not a big deal. We had a great Mum and Dad.

I think the girls and younger bro got the brains though.. :) ;)

Now you know why I be a little twisted....

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This just appeared on my Facebook page today. How many of us can identify with this?

http://sexism.aplus.com/b/growing-u...2984&utm_source=a84503&c=36&ts_pid=2&ts_pid=2

My favorite: "Ooo, you're in a mood today. Are you on your period?"
I hate that one too Ellie.
It happens on the board. It happened the other day in chat.
Like I need an excuse to be bitchy.
No. You're pissing me off. I'm asking you to stop. Because of that you think I'm on my period? OK. What's your excuse?

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hate that one too Ellie.
It happens on the board. It happened the other day in chat.
Like I need an excuse to be bitchy.
No. You're pissing me off. I'm asking you to stop. Because of that you think I'm on my period? OK. What's your excuse?

Just ask him if he's on his period.

fluffychocolate

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never had these reactions from men. But then one of my friends told me once that I always look like I'm armed for a fight, so that might be why.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fluffy, I work primarily with men all day. These "gentlemen" are used to working with their muscles but not used to taking orders from a woman. Whenever I encounter a new crew there is a period of adjustment where they have to get used to my supervision. They usually do this with cute epithets that are meant to unnerve me. When they see the cold witch isn't fazed one bit by their words they usually get with the program pretty quickly. I have pretty thick skin on a job site.

I hear everything. But I love hearing when the new guys are warned by the old guys not to mess with the little boss lady because "she knows her shit."

I don't return taunts anymore. I used to when I started in this business, but I have found it's much more effective when I just move on.

Having people think that it's weird/abnormal/bullshit that women have a libido, and in fact can have a higher libido than some men. Of the handful of female friends I have who openly talk about sex and things related to sex, we all have high sex drives. Manthing says he would be ok with once every other week. I prefer every single day, with a few exceptions like if I'm on my menses. And as far as fucking every single day, once is good, two is great...

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
The double standards are rampant at the executive level.

My "favorite": "pretty girls can't be smart".

A pretty CEO dressed appropriately in a business dress will still get hit on and shocked expressions when she puts the board member in his place. Sexual harassment laws have helped tremendously but believe me. .....there are still businessmen who expect the "pretty CEO" to put out. (I've had to deal with it on 3 separate occasions....and yes. ..it wasn't pretty).

Doranq

Legendary Member
Media
:\ people are silly.I can't relate to this "shit" tbh. I don't really have these kinds of thoughts about women.

It is always surprising to see what other people think. Especially the ignorance.

I looked at the article. This one caught my eye. http://aplus.com/a/ilooklikeanengineer-woman-engineer-shamed-hashtag

The girl the article focuses caught my attention. She's really beautiful, so it caught my eye, then I read the lil text and I decided to click.
It is sad what people think about women.

I've been isolated for most my life so perhaps that is why I have a different view, I haven't been infected with the Stupid. To me women are just people BUT :3 some of them are just people that just so happen to be more attractive and come across as a suitable mate.(I'm single, so that's why I'm a little bit more on the lookout for potential mates) Is she hot, is she interesting, is she a someone I'd want to be around, is she mate or friend material? That's about as much thought as I put into it.

I just don't understand why some men don't think women can be smart/well educated. I myself am certainly not well educated. I'm smart, but I didn't really invest my time in educating myself in anything that someone would consider me well educated though. That said I know there are tons of people that use their time differently. The world is much better for women then it has been for a while, the opportunity for education is available for women in most areas. A woman spending her time learning and pursuing her goals doesn't sound that weird or impossible. I'm sure there are chicks that spend their time in the gym and others could be like super badass assassins. I'm sure there are dumb women out there as there are dumb men out there. It's humans we are talking about. Those weird bipedal animals walking about this not as blue and green as it once was planet.

*shrugs* I think too many people are buttheads. I also have to say I am actually more disappointed with the women hating on women that men hating on women. The reason I say this is when a woman hates on another woman and does so in a way that diminishes her accomplishments and makes them somehow obtained in a way that'd align with a stereotype. That woman (the hater) does nothing but not only hurt the other woman but she hurts other women and herself. As for men <.< shame on you. Dickheads lol.

Women and men are the same except women look a lot better with clothes than men and infinitely better naked than men do(my opinion... I prefer women in case some haven't picked up on that tidbit.)

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One of the nearly unnoticed indications of my aging process- I'm now in my mid-forties, an age where according to the print and TV commercials my testosterone should be dropping precipitously and my nuts ought to be falling off- is my lack of emotional reaction to news of the latest woman who was awarded a groundbreaking job or position previously held by men. Perhaps it's because in my line of work women have been in FAR Part 121 airliner cockpits for a generation before I ever set foot as a new hire past the 301 bulkhead door into the cockpit of the old Boeing 727 (god I miss that airplane.) Try as I might I can't get worked up over females as refs and NFL assistant coaches. You go girl!

But today I turned-on the radio and heard howls of male outrage at the news of the first female Army Rangers that passed the rigorous training course. A summation of their anti-female argumentation seemed to be that the whole kitten-kabootle worth of female applicants had flunked the super-duper strenuous mountain portion of the course back in May and yet mysteriously two women of that class had now passed, after either retaking a portion or three or (gasp) the Army Ranger standards had been lowered! In articles today the Army insists no standards had been lowered. Now I haven't a clue what the exact testing criteria consisted of, but one former Ranger calling into the radio station made it sound as if the soldiers had to race up to the top of Mt. Whitney from the Whitney Portal lugging Bubba the Love Sponge on his back. Other physical requirements included running in full gear over a long and grueling obstacle laden course daunting enough that Bruce Jenner would have had a tough time- even back in 1976 when he was really Bruce Jenner. On TV the female Army Ranger applicants I saw more closely resembled Bruce Willis' ex-wife in the movie GI Jane.

A retired Army officer interviewed on this radio show (a more rational male who didn't use the hypothetical of Floyd Mayweather being able to kick the crap out of Ronda Rousey in a boxing ring) said the actual reason the military desperately needs woman on the front lines is ISIS. If female Army Rangers can parachute-in as part of a surgical strike force than they can perform duties their male counterparts cannot. Example: interacting with the female populous who are hesitant or in some cases forbidden by religious belief to speak with male strangers. Ideally the female Army Rangers could ingratiate themselves and get all warm and fuzzy with the local female Muslim populous of some Syrian village, bake brownies and have tea, and in the process extract top-secret information on where the bad guys are and most importantly find out if they're hung with little guns or really huge surface-to-air missiles.

O.K. I get it now. So those Army Ranger women really couldn't beat the guys at jungle-gym! Now I can get my hard-on back. :p

Just wanted to say, for the minor periods I visit here, I like the changing profile photos. Thank you.

Fluffy, I work primarily with men all day. These "gentlemen" are used to working with their muscles but not used to taking orders from a woman. Whenever I encounter a new crew there is a period of adjustment where they have to get used to my supervision. They usually do this with cute epithets that are meant to unnerve me. When they see the cold witch isn't fazed one bit by their words they usually get with the program pretty quickly. I have pretty thick skin on a job site.

I hear everything. But I love hearing when the new guys are warned by the old guys not to mess with the little boss lady because "she knows her shit."

I don't return taunts anymore. I used to when I started in this business, but I have found it's much more effective when I just move on.

I have been self employed for about 40 years. I go to peoples homes to give quotes on work...and who do you reckon pulls the strings?

In same sex relationships that I've done quotes for...who do you reckon pulls the strings there? :)

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For many years my clients were primarily males. I attribute it to the new foodies wanting a bigger, better kitchen or a man cave.

Clients have never presented as big of an obstacle as contractors, subs and their crews, who are 99.9% male.