Gta 4

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by classyron, Apr 28, 2008.

1. classyron

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, I am a massive loser who stood in line to buy his pre-ordered copy of Grand Theft Auto IV tonight. It is awesome though. Anyone else jumping on this wagon? I have been psyched for this release since I first heard of it. It is the main reason I bought a PS3.

2. D_one and done

D_one and done New Member

nope. not a grand theft auto fan. at all.

3. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    man!!! if i had an xbox 360 or a ps3, i'd been in line right up there with you......i checked out some vids of it on youtube and was just in awe! i love the series, and hopefully one of these days i'll be able to afford a ps3 or 360....and that will be the first game i buy

4. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Love the GTA series, but i don't love the current price of PS3, so, until they release it for ps2, gotta wonder what it's like.

5. B_atlanta_boi_92

B_atlanta_boi_92 New Member

they wont release it for ps2

6. EagleCowboy

EagleCowboy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I suppose that I'll HAFTA go get me a PS3 now..................

Does anyone know when Final Fantasy 13 is coming out??

7. B_The Greek Dude

B_The Greek Dude New Member

I got the third one back on the PS2 around the time it came out, and I played it a lot. Then, I got Vice City and realized that they're all the same thing: driving around on the sidewalks; running people over; having sex with a prostitute, killing her to get your money back etc.

It gets incredibly old after about a week, and I refuse to keep paying 60 dollars to do it again and again.

8. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    well, i'm a fellow loser, and i'm counting the days till i have it. i never really understood the whole wait in line for the release when you can just wait a little while longer and get it. i'll be away next week, so i'll get it then.

i'm too stoked for it though. i'm buying it for the PS3.

9. holsty101

holsty101 New Member

I read on the Guardians games blog someone claimed they'd completed the single player in 10 hours, which kinda puts me off, but I suppose there's a certain amount of replayability... :confused:

SquareEnix have made comments about trying to have a simultaneous world wide release, apart from that the only thing they've done is deny the previously rumoured dates. Maybe they'll announce something at one of the forthcoming games trade shows (E3 mid july, Leipzig Games Convention late august or the Tokyo Game Show ealy october)

10. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

NO...SHIT...SHERLOCK!!!

11. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Fuck paying £50-60 for a gd mf'in game.

I'll wait for it to go down in price. I have an Xbox 360.

I'll be getting a PS3 though, mainly for MGS4. :wink:

12. classyron

Gold Member

Albums:
    No one completed it in 10 hours. I call shenanigans on that one. My buddy is a club DJ with tons of time on his hands. He played GTA:SA to 90% in several weeks, and he played for 5 straight hours and is at 2% completion on GTA4. I played for a couple of hours and I have not even scratched the surface yet.

These games are called "sand-box" because there does not have to be any structure. There are so many side missions and games within the game that you can play for 100s of hours without completing them. It is fun and a different story than the others, but basically the same style. They have added some way cool features and use a couple of different physics engines to make it more realistic. What kills me is the depth and the graphics.

1080P kicks ASS!

13. No_Strings

Gold Member

I don't have, or want, any of the current console generation, but if I did i'd probably buy it. I try to avoid all the hyp eabout it though because, as has been the case with every GTA since 3, fanboys saturate the internet and it's usually a year or so until people start to accept flaws and bugs within the games, most of which are apparent from within the first week of play. I've no time for subjective statements about videogames, which is all I ever seem to find nowadays.

It does look interesting to me though, more for the NPC dynamics than anything else. Graphics-wise it's a shame they seem to have focused on dynamic lighting and texture overlays rather than anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering, I would rather smoother lines with a shorter draw-distance than glossy surfaces and fancy shadows. :frown:

14. frizzle

Gold Member

Nah man, you can get it for like 40 quid? Although to be fair, I played it and it seemed like the old ones..

And I'm really fucked of they're not bringing any MGS to Xbox. I really loved the ol MGS series.

15. B_ScaredLittleBoy

I was looking on ebay...is it £40 in all the shops?

And yeah, but MGS has always been PS exclusive...I don't mind getting a PS3 just for the awesome that is Metal Gear Solid...

I wish they'd stop putting a ninja in every game now though...there is only one ninja and his name is Gray Fox!

MGS1's story was sick :smile:

16. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    now THAT is a game worth waiting for. i love the action and gameplay, but the story is what draws me in. The ending of MGS3 nearly killed me!

17. B_ScaredLittleBoy

Ending was cool to MGS3, certainly better than 2's but I think overall the best story has been MGS1.

The ending was a little open ended but the whole story was just amazing. I loved the names...Revolver Ocelot...all the characters were perfect.

MGS4 could be the best though...wonder who the young Snake is...I've heard it could be Big Boss & Eva's son. Will be fun finding out.

18. frizzle

Gold Member

Yea MGS was easily the best one. 2nd was pretty cool, but what is with all the ninjas?

And yea, I've seen it in a couple of shops for 40 quid, but some are charging 45. Depends where you go.

19. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    young Snake? i'm guessing you mean Raiden? or is there something i'm missing? but that would be a cool storyline.

plus, i basically loved EVA. i was too hurt at the end of MGS3 when they said she disappered without a trace, and too happy to hear that she was back for MGS4. i loved her voice actress in 3, but no one has any idea who the woman is.

that's kind of why i loved 3. i felt something for these characters. especially the Boss. that was painful! and then that beautiful song "Way To Fall" playing in the credits...lol. whoa. nerd factor just shot through the roof there. plus, 3 was much more of a coherent story than 2.

i never had the chance to play the first one, but the gaps were basically filled in with 2,3, and wikipedia. :p

20. B_ScaredLittleBoy

You need to play 1...it was like a Renaissance when it came out...or a Revolution. There weren't/aren't many games like it. Very involving story with amazing characters.

Anyway, as for 4 and "Young Snake"

YouTube - Young Snake

But on all the other trailers Snake is old. So it begs the question - who's who? :tongue:

Draft saved Draft deleted