Guaranteed weight loss!

da_blissmachine: true, true... hey if you really hate someone you could put their ashes in the toilet and take a shit on them! ;D

H8Monga: Wow this is better than that crack diet I was considering! I did lose weight posting (living) at Saramnet 3 years ago. I work around food... and lunch break usually involves fast food... man...

prepstudinsc: [quote author=da_blissmachine link=board=meetgreet;num=1067632339;start=20#20 date=10/31/03 at 20:00:50]true, true... hey if you really hate someone you could put their ashes in the toilet and take a shit on them!  ;D[/quote]

I've heard stories of people putting cremated remains (aka "Ashes" or "Cremains") down the drain, and also just throwing them out in the garbage.

Technically, a body's final disposition occurs when it is either buried, or cremated. Once cremated, a family can do whatever it wants to do with the cremains. There's a company who takes some of the cremated remains and through some expensive procedure can make manufacted gems (what is left after cremation is just carbon molecules) and there are also some companies who mix the ashes in to clay or paint and do artwork.

"Gee, Honey, Granny's diamond ring looks really nice."
"Oh, it's not Granny's diamond, it IS Granny."

da_blissmachine: is the funeral usually paid for out of the estate or out of existing funds the relatives had?

sammygirly: My roomates mother's ashes are in a gorgeous little chest in my livingroom.  They have their own display cabinet with pictures of her and personal items she loved.

Some of my friends think it's weird, but I don't mind it at all.  And it's good for him.

She only passed away in February, suddenly.

(I will say that we were terribly startled at the weight of a human skeleton's ashes....and yes, we took them out of the box so it wasn't the weight of the box....we thought it would be MUCH lighter)

prepstudinsc: [quote author=da_blissmachine link=board=meetgreet;num=1067632339;start=20#23 date=11/02/03 at 04:28:43]is the funeral usually paid for out of the estate or out of existing funds the relatives had?[/quote]

Funerals can be paid in several ways....some people have funds set aside for funerals in CD's or personal trust funds, others have life insurance, some prepay their funerals through insurance or trusts administered set up by the local funeral home. Most funeral homes won't accept payment from estates because it usually takes too long to settle the estate--it can take months.
However, the law in most states is that if there is an outstanding funeral bill, the estate has to pay that off before it can pay anything else or pay proceeds to the family.

prepstudinsc: [quote author=sammygirly link=board=meetgreet;num=1067632339;start=20#24 date=11/02/03 at 07:48:22]
(I will say that we were terribly startled at the weight of a human skeleton's ashes....and yes, we took them out of the box so it wasn't the weight of the box....we thought it would be MUCH lighter)
[/quote]

An average human is reduced to about 6-8 pounds of remains when cremated.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
[quote author=MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK link=board=meetgreet;num=1067632339;start=20#27 date=11/17/03 at 12:01:17]My uncle had an interesting solution to an expensive funeral. Rather than being buried, one day he just blurted out "Stick a hambone up my ass and leave me for the dogs!" :D ;D[/quote]

PETA would have the family arrested for cruelty....

To dogs.

Pecker

I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a Great White or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.