guilty pleasure flicks(movies that are so bad they're good)..

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Movies that are such a guilty pleasure that you can't enough of and yet you don't know why...name movies that you enjoy and it's part of the so bad, it's good category. C'mon, we all have these secretly hidden in VHS or DVD..

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I will admit to owning and relishing in the terribleness that is Catwoman. In my defence it has a villainess made of marble brought about by over useage of beauty products - I mean, come on!

Another obvious one is Mommie Dearest, but thats pretty much a given.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Several of the old Schwarzenegger action films fit this mold for me... 'Conan the Barbarian' and 'Commando' quickly come to mind.

'Waterworld', 'Dude Where's My Car?' and 'The Fifth Element' also come to mind... 'Howard the Duck' and 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' fit this mold when I was a kid...

Last edited:

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not my style, but I agree that 'Dirty Dancing' fits the mold well... probably also 'Footloose' and 'Flashdance' too. Totally shitty movies that have a loyal cult following.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not my style, but I agree that 'Dirty Dancing' fits the mold well... probably also 'Footloose' and 'Flashdance' too. Totally shitty movies that have a loyal cult following.

I've never heard of flashdance, but I have seen footloose when I was younger. I hate to think of myself as being in a cult:rolleyes: I just remember watching dirty dancing as a little girl. Another one of those movie's that train little girls to think fantasy can happen in real life:biggrin1: That being said it is maybe my favorite movie of all time but I confess to not having watched it in awhile the last movie I watched was braveheart. TV doesnt hold my interest for long.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Though I haven't seen them in years now, the original Angel (honor student by day/Hollywood hooker at night) so impressed my then-partner and me that we rented it multiple times and sat through the sequel more than once, too.

Flashdance totally fits this thread.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lol... 'Flashdance' was about a tomboyish hottie who works the line in a steel mill, and moonlights as a stripper... Naturally, her dream is to be a 'ballet dancer' or some other such nonsense.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh! The movie 'Freeway' is another one... Reese Witherspoon appears in one of her first films as a southern trailer trash girl who confronts a serial killer (Keefer Sutherland). The movie sucks ass, but some people (like my ex-wife) find the movie highly entertaining. The movie is so bad, it's funny.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh! The movie 'Freeway' is another one... Reese Witherspoon appears in one of her first films as a southern trailer trash girl who confronts a serial killer (Keefer Sutherland). The movie sucks ass, but some people (like my ex-wife) find the movie highly entertaining. The movie is so bad, it's funny.

Neverheard of that one either. I think Reese Witherspoon is that blondegirl from that dumbblonde movie where she becomes a lawyer? I hate that movie. That belongs here as well I've been forced to sit through it repeatedly by my bestfriend. Keefer was hot though he played in the lostboys that goes here too :)

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
NICE! Craptastic things normally draw me like a moth to a flame, I guess I'll have to find it and watch it:biggrin1:

If you like Flashdance, you'll go bonkers for Xanadu, which NudeYorker mentioned earlier. It's a roller-Disco romantic musical that has been credited with killing the genre of movie musicals for a generation.

This clip is not a music video or special edit: it's the actual end of the movie :eek::biggrin1:

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In the same vein as 'Basic Instinct', 'Sliver'... Yeah, because all NYC condo towers are owned by a trust fund baby who preys on his tenants by installing cameras and microphones all over the place... magically, without ever getting caught... And then when he is caught, the girl just wants to fuck? lololol

However, it had the trifecta of a cool soundtrack, a Baldwin and Sharon Stone getting fucked, so it was loved by many.