Guilty pleasure...Survivor

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
anyone else watching...and jacking along to Jerri Manthey? aka the Black Widow?

damn, how do the other villains NOT sport boners with her around? saltpeter??

can you imagine seeing her coming out of the ocean, dripping wet...

and James? he must he wearing something to hold him 'down'....packing some muscle...

(and last season Russell went from those grubby/revealing boxer briefs to 'suddenly' wearing board shorts...hmmmmm)

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I didn't think I get into this season but so far it's proven to have it's share of drama. I don't know what that was with Rob this week but he sure seemed like he was having a stroke. How they left his stay if that was all real is beyond me. I hope things improve for the heroes they seem to be in a downward spiral.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I never in my life expected Tyson to be so stupid. Did anyone else notice the lack of Coach airtime. I still don't understand them keeping James, he certainly isn't going to heal during the show and he could be in danger of getting hurt worse.

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Everytime I watch Survivors, there'll be some hot men, and I just don't understand how those women just don't get excited themselves...perhaps the grass is greener the other side...

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Remember when Russell was on last season, starting to show some real basket then suddenly the board shorts 'appeared'?

Last nite was a bit real surprise tho...and Tyson screwed himself BIG time...

we need more Jeri/Black Widow time tho...(what happened to the budding 'romance' with Dragon Slayer'?) Why did I not notice Rupert is more buff that I thought?

something for everyone....

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I really want to believe Survivor is not scripted. I want to believe the cast all come with an incredibly vast tropical jungle wardrobe that gets even better at every tribal council. I want to believe the women don't wear tropical jungle make-up at tribal council, but its obvious in HD. Things were so much better back in the early innocent days of Australian Outback. Now I believe the entire cast is put up in a 5 star luxury resort located a hundred yards away from the set during filming.

Nowadays I talk back to the TV. When Russell was off looking for the immunity idol I say, "you dumb idiots. Can't you see all that film crew walking off with Russell? Follow them!" Now that Colby Donaldson is scripted to be a weak, lazy liability to his Heroes tribe I know there is going to be some fan blow-back to CBS. Colby, even now in his "feeble" thirties with obvious hair recession, can still beat a girl in an obstacle course.

Hey- even the hot dogs looked strangely photogenic in this last episode. Did you see how beautiful the condiments, particularly the relish and mustard were applied to each hot dog? The Survivor set decoration crew don't miss a trick.

Yeah, I'll still watch because Pavarti is so hot I can fantasize the two of us having sex in a tropical setting- like Bora Bora at the St. Regis where they filmed Couples Retreat.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
One thing that bothers me is in these "remote areas" how much utter damage are they doing hauling in Jeff Probts 5 star luxury home + the cast and crew of thousands...

the tribal council area this season looks like a multistory ski chalet... where do the 4 gays live that are there just for Jeri's hair and make up (remember when the survivors used to get 'grosser' as time went on?

as to the outfits...see my comment about Russels once bouncing cock and balls in his briefs when suddenly he gets....board shorts!

Those one size fits all 'buffs' (do views actually buy that crap?) seems to do everything from hair pull backs to bra/tube tops to jock straps... (maybe a challenge where they have to capture a shark ONLY using the buffs?

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I liked James when he was initially on but he seemed to turn into such a big, whiny cry-baby. I read an interview with him this week and he was still making snide comments about Tom (although he didn't name names, it was obvious about whom he was talking). I still can't believe that the week prior, the voted off a strong physical player (Tom) and kept one who was injured (James). Talk about poor strategy that can come back to haunt you. I also cannot stand Rupert. He seems to come off as complete phony, talking about how honest and trustworthy he is, and yet he's as big a back-stabber, liar and double-dealer as anyone else. AND he's still playing the same way he did before, plotting to get rid of people but letting others do the dirty work so he looks clean. I think the only one I like on the Heroes is Colby (Tom was my absolute favorite at the start of the season).

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Going in, Tom and Colby were definitely my favorites.

Not to take the cynical aspects of Survivor too far, but I've heard they can edit and rehearse athletic events for a fixed outcome. All the seasons and challenges blur together, but with Survivor you can bet that the winner usually plays against stereotype. Example: one season an African-American who was almost afraid of the water was made to look like an Olympic Gold Medallist in the freestyle. A NASA rocket scientist suddenly could not solve a simple puzzle while feeble-minded secretaries suddenly acquired the powers and abilities of superwomen. Only a few times does a pre-ordained outcome reach the completely ludicrous.

One season (Africa?) it was down to the final four and it was obvious the producers wanted a male/female finale. Unfortunately the last woman remaining usually tripped on her own feet and could not recall what planet she living on. Normally this would be a liability going in to any challenge, but the devilish writers and producers at Survivor dreamed up an event called who can stand up the longest. For good measure they made it known that Ethan, a guy who consumed bugs and insects like they were caviar, mysteriously came down the night before the final immunity challenge with a ravenous case of chills, fever and dysentery.

Yup, a short time into the challenge, Ethan's right hand slipped on the pole and he dramatically made Shakespearean fainting gestures (rather like King Kong in his final moments atop the Empire State Building) and dropped off letting the woman win.

Psssst. I'll still watch. :smile:

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
While the producers don't write down names for eviction, I'm sure individual tribe members are asked questions like "how would you feel if so-and-so was voted off" or "how would the tribe be different if so-and-so were evicted" to gauge popularity and group dynamics. If so, the producers are controlling the show to some extent instead of letting things play out naturally. Still, it's not as fake as Big Brother.