Guilty pleasure TV shows

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
I think there was a thread like this but about CDs...

Guilty pleasure tv shows that I watch but was am/embarrassed to admit:

1. V.I.P (Pamela Anderson's phony bologna private investigation firm show)
2. Flavor of Love 1&2 (sorry I haven't been able to get in to the 3rd)
3. I love New York 1&2 (the first one is better, the 2nd reunion was the funniest).
4. America's best dance crew (everyone at work laughs that I'm addicted to this show)

klyn67

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am sooooooo hooked on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew! Ohh, the drama on there............. Jeff Conaway is such a wreck, bless his heart.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
OK, I don't know why. And I'm totally embarrassed by this. But The Gilmore Girls is shown three times a day on the old WB Channel here in Buenos Aires and I have this fascination with watching it not unlike rubber necking to get a good look at a bloody car wreck. Please, someone help me!

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
One other guilty pleasure TV show is the original I Love Lucy episodes from the early 50's. They were all dubbed using various Spanish dialects and accents during that same decade. Ricky Ricardo sounds just as ridiculous speaking with a thick Cuban accent than he does in heavily Spanish accented English. Lucy has this perfectly matched voice that actually sounds like Lucille Ball speaking Spanish with an Gringo accent. Fred and Ethel have a bit of a Puerto Rican/Dominican twang, but not too much . . . just enough to sound unique. It makes for great listening when I'm doing something else that doesn't require the concentration of brain surgery. And those old episodes are still just as funny and dumb as they were when they originally aired in English in the USA. They are also just as popular.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
Cheaters. I fucking love that show.
OMG. Yes!!! They had a goat in one of those episodes! Crazy shit.

I love the narrations at the end, when they console the hurt party.

Or when they first confront the cheater in an obligatory, sympathetic tone, almost deadpanning "You're breaking her heart...how can you do this?"

I tell a co-worker of mine, that his next job, he'd easily be a history teacher or be the guy that narrates "cheaters."

klyn67

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OH, I thought of more............ "Inside American Jail" and "Parking Wars"!!!

B_Demention

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My favorite episode of 'Cheaters' was when the presenter guy got stabbed. I know that sounds awful, but it wasn't fatal or even serious at all, so that's ok, right? He's just such a geek - you know he's been cheated on and so is out seeking revenge on behalf of all those who have been screwed over - angry computer nerd kind of guy. In any case, I like watching that shitty show That's Amore on VH1. It's so obvious the girls are just in it so they can get their own spinoff show a la Flavor Flav/I love New York, and yet he thinks they all love him because he's so awesome and has such amazing Italian charm.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
Oh I shamefully admit that I watched that god awful "A Shot a Love w/ Tila Tequila"

It wasn't even that shocking...more like fear factor meets the bachelorette.
Eating bull testicles and drinking blood and scooping up chocolate and dumping it in a bucket and then splashing around in it. Dude, there's butt juice in that chocolate.

Weird show...

And I remember the stabbing thing on Cheaters being highlighted in the top 20 moments of reality tv.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
We watch several shows and some only I watch. For example we watch "Flip This House" (enuf to know NEVER to buy a house in San Antonio from a guy named "Armondo"), Judge Judy (if we're there early enuf to see it), Survivor, and The Apprentice (at LAST Omorosa is gone! What a frekin BE-Yotch!). We've watched Smallville from day one.

The missus watches detective/cop/lawyer stuff (CSI, Law and Order - I HATE cop shows) and some hospital drama too (don't care for them either).

I used to watch Big Brother (after about the third episode I decided I couldn't five a flyin fart about any of that particular group) and I "likes me some" Battlestar Galactica (which hasn't been on, it seems, for eons).Other than that, movies and documentaries (for me).

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
Oh, I'm so adding this one.

American Gladiator - the first time it was on 10 years ago the reprise with Hulk Hogan and Laila Ali hosting.

I love that show - it's better than any other reality tv show asking you to eat bugs, a pig's vagina or compete for some middle-aged has-been's token affections.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Smallville. The show is too cute for words, the actors are too cute for words and the comic book geek in me gets a thrill out of all the DC heroes tie-ins.

I love this show as well. Just trying to see how they alter the original comics to deal with the show. I think Brainiac would still be better as an evil space alien, shrinking cities...

Mr Mxyzptlk was not done so well. The Green Arrow had very little to do with Superman, so I found that odd.

I have several not so guilty pleasures, I like REBOOT!, FREAKAZOID!, EARTHWORM JIM, ANIMANIACS, PINKY AND THE BRAIN....ADDAMS FAMILY, BOB NEWHART, SOAP...