Guilty Pleasure

D

deleted848353

My guilty pleasures are tv show wise ghost adventures, music wise varies on mood and movie wise Disney film called lilo and stitch

Reactions: lms28 and Leobakker

I can't really say I have much in the way of guilty pleasures. I used to be a little sheepish that while I love metal music, I also listen to Korean pop on occasion. No one is getting hurt by the things I like, and if someone is going to think less of me for enjoying a broad spectrum of things? They're not someone I want to be friends with anyway.

I'm not shy about reading some extremely silly fluff filled novels on occasion, or listening to K-pop, or nomming on bad for me + indulgent food from time to time. If I had to pick, the worst would be some of the food I enjoy, because I know it's not exactly the healthiest stuff. That's the closest to any kind of "harm" to be guilty over for anything I partake of. Jalapeno poppers, pizza bagels, crusty bread + some really good cheese + some wine, a milkshake. Actually, yeah, all of those. I have problems digesting dairy, so all of those foods I just listed fill my tummy with regret. They're so tasty, though :(

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
french fries with queso, dance movies, sleeping in, awful fantasy novels, internet stalking media figures

also knocking off work early every now & then, going to half price bookstore down the street, and then on the way back towards work/school hitting this one divey bar & drinking hard root beer while surveying all my book booty

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Beer. It's diabetes kryptonite. Just a little can undo a week of hard work controlling my sugar. But it is both delicious and intoxicating.

Wigs. I have many. Most of them are EXACTLY the same model and color. There are always a few at different levels of experimentation or restoration. There's always a brand new one still in the package. If I call the shop and give my name and phone number to the pady in the back, she says, "Oh, you ready? I'll call you when she arrives."

Finding matching or coordinating clothes to wear with my youngest dog. She becomes so brave and confident when she gets dressed up.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My guilty pleasure is my Nespresso machine in my office. It's mine, and no one can use it. I have a mini fridge where I keep my milk. I push one button and I have a cappuccino. It feels like cheating.

Every once in a while I'll hear Gary calling out from his office "We hear that." I know, Gary. FU.

Leobakker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hahaha, thnx Ladies!
Nice answers ;)

I dont know if i can respont here, but my guilty pleasure is when i had a busy hard day, i listen YMCA, and im looking like a million bucks again :) (Dont tell anybody
;) )

Anymore GP’s ?

Have a nice weekend!

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Hahaha, thnx Ladies!
Nice answers ;)

I dont know if i can respont here, but my guilty pleasure is when i had a busy hard day, i listen YMCA, and im looking like a million bucks again :) (Dont tell anybody
;) )

Anymore GP’s ?

Have a nice weekend!
Village People are not a guilt source.
My sweetie picks on me for Air Supply.

Reactions: Leobakker

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Chipotle ranch

I just moved to a new neighborhood and now there's a place called Torchy's Tacos a mere 10 minute walk away (@EllieP knows what I'm talking about), and they have amazing tacos with a variety of sauces but the chipotle ranch is 190 calories a thimble and on the baja shrimp taco I can *easily* use 2 because it's SO GOOD on that particular taco and then I feel guilty for having nearly 400 calories in a SAUCE.

I'm going there this morning with my dad and sis and I'll have to force myself to go with a mr pink taco (ahi tuna). It's good by itself. Or maybe the independent (fried portobello mushrooms & black beans)

Yummy. I hope he gets here soon.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Chipotle ranch

I just moved to a new neighborhood and now there's a place called Torchy's Tacos a mere 10 minute walk away (@EllieP knows what I'm talking about), and they have amazing tacos with a variety of sauces but the chipotle ranch is 190 calories a thimble and on the baja shrimp taco I can *easily* use 2 because it's SO GOOD on that particular taco and then I feel guilty for having nearly 400 calories in a SAUCE.

I'm going there this morning with my dad and sis and I'll have to force myself to go with a mr pink taco (ahi tuna). It's good by itself. Or maybe the independent (fried portobello mushrooms & black beans)

Yummy. I hope he gets here soon.

Aside from ranch dressing in any guise, the tacos you mentioned, ahi and portobello black bean, sound wonderful.
I’m a backsliding vegetarian who loves fish.

Aaaaand... we have them here.

Edited to add... salad dressings are the calorie count in salads.

Reactions: Leobakker and Enid

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Aside from ranch dressing in any guise, the tacos you mentioned, ahi and portobello black bean, sound wonderful.
I’m a backsliding vegetarian who loves fish.

Aaaaand... we have them here.

Edited to add... salad dressings are the calorie count in salads.

Their queso is crack!!

I also love the guac, but sometimes I think there's a lil too much raw jalapeno in it. I love spicy, but raw jalapeno gives me a bit of heartburn these days

ETA: I also love fish. My diet can best be described as lacto ovo pescatarian majority of time, but i try for vegan choices on cheese as much as possible (daiya makes a wonderful spreadable cheese which, when I have a car, I keep stocked at home because I LOVE soft cheese and the store it's at is a store a bit out of the way on the way home from work). I also opt for vegetarian options and not fish when I can.

Also I must confess about once/twice a week I wind up having meat, usually poultry, for convenience/ease. My sister often cooks up a dish on the weekend to have with sides a few nights a week when we're not going out/picking up takeout. And it's usually rosemary chicken or southwestern chicken.

Last edited:

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I eat raw jalapeños and serranos.
Enabler.

ETA:
I can’t get on board with Daiya. It seemed so salty when I sampled it a few years ago. My memory is oily salt.
I’ll make my own cheeze (vegan cheese), but there’s little in the store, affordable, that tempts me.
The unaffordable does.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enid and Leobakker

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I eat raw jalapeños and serranos.
Enabler.

ETA:
I can’t get on board with Daiya. It seemed so salty when I sampled it a few years ago. My memory is oily salt.
I’ll make my own cheeze (vegan cheese), but there’s little in the store, affordable, that tempts me.
The unaffordable does.

Oh yea you mean like this one? :grinning:

1DpIj4b.jpg

Reactions: Scarletbegonia