Gun Control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cougarblue, Jan 27, 2009.

1. cougarblue

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Saw this the other day at the gun range (United States, obviously)

I found it to be pretty shocking (and I like shocking!)

GUN CONTROL: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow "morally superior" (my quotes) to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Just like in skydiving, where I would rather have a RESERVE parachute and NEVER need it...the same applies in the United States of America, ......

I would rather HAVE a gun and NEVER NEED IT, then to NOT have one and wish to God I had had one.

2. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Uh oh. Here we go.

Strap in kids.

3. faceking

Albums:
    P.S. - I agree with you CB.

4. D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead Account Disabled

Man, the extremists on both side of this issue just need to take a fucking deep breath.

I think slogans like the above (on both sides, again) are a pleasant meaningless substitute for real thought or solutions.

5. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Brings to memory the case a few years ago in Texas where a woman and her daughter were raped and killed at gunpoint in a parking lot.

I would have preferred that the woman and child were still alive; and the rapist were dead from a gunshot.

But then again, I'm a crazy troll.

6. lucky8

Gold Member

The first person to claim Obama is going to take away our guns will be shot on site

7. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Here comes the Straw Man Parade!

Featuring the "Procession of Slogans".

8. cougarblue

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well, I for one would like to know exactly WHERE the U.S. President stands on the issue of Gun Control / Gun Ownership.

I'm tired of politicians from BOTH SIDES who waiver, wishy wash and say whatever will get them the popular vote.

It seems to me that President Obama has waffled in his statements, and been as careful as an astute lawyer can be. That is what concerns me the most.

*A decade ago, while running for a seat in the Illinois Legislature in 1998, Obama responded to an Illinois State Legislative Election National Political Awareness Test and indicated that he would support action to "ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons."

but he said that some "common-sense" laws are necessary for safety. The president-elect's transition Web site contains a general outline of how he plans to address gun violence in cities, including closing the so-called "gun show loophole"

Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them.

My personal belief is that we should ENFORCE laws already in existence.

NOT create new ones. We already have laws in place that "keep guns away from children and criminals....". Why aren't they enforced?

9. Pitbull

Gold Member

CougarBlue.
    DON"T SHOOT!
    I'll do whatever you want. :wink:

10. Gl3nn

Gold Member

I don't have a gun and will probably never need one.

If they would actually do something about the crime over there, then it wouldn't be necessary to have one.

11. faceking

Albums:

LMAO. Well done.

12. omgiswatdeysay

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Gun control means hitting your target.

13. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I'm actually a little more on one side of this fence on this than the other. I own a gun, I have a permit. I don't carry it. However if someone breaks into my house I'm going to use it. I believe that greater measures need to be enforced regarding buying a weapon, perhaps greater criminal background and psychological checks, the later being more difficult to control. But I also know that if someone is a criminal or crazy they are going to find a way to get a gun if they want one. But the world being what it is... I'm glad I have one if I ever need it.

14. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I don't really believe there is an "over here" or "over there" in this world unless you are living on a deserted island! Crime happens everywhere!

15. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree with Faceking, that shit was funny! lol!!!

Ain't it the truth... most cops couldn't find the perpetrator even if they were tickling them in the ballsack.

I highly agree.

But, illegal guns are run through the various mafia agencies throughout the U.S.

The criminals get their guns from one of these illegal transactions not from a gun shop or a gun store.

Seeing as how the various mafias grossed somewhere in the vicinity of $20 billion dollars last year... I don't think that they illegal gun running is gonna stop.

There are judges, cops, sheriffs, lawyers and various other officials on the take in this country... they are also the ones that we have to call when we need a crime solved. Law enforcement solves the crimes that it wants to and looks the other way when it is beneficial to them or the force.

That is why the average citizens need all the goddamn firepower that they can muster to shoot the fucking criminals.

The sad thing is that most illegal gun running has the blessing of the local authorities. All it takes is one crooked sheriff and a few crooked deputies and the deed is done. Most of the sheriffs in the United States are crooked as hell.

Me and my brother arm our house with an SKS-45. It is designed as a people killer and nothing more.

Obama just needed the support of the wishy washy liberals who believe in gun control to get elected... he believes in the 2nd amendment and has vowed to protect the constitution.

16. transformer_99

Gold Member

17. D_Fowlmouth Chickenchoker

D_Fowlmouth Chickenchoker Account Disabled

Just remember ... "Guns don't kill people.... Pit Bulls do"

18. houtx48

Gold Member

ah fuck star this is texas where the woman could have had gun if she wanted one, so what is your point ?......... Mostly people are to dumb to be allowed to own guns and automobiles but unfortunately they can drive and shot, hopefully not at the same time

19. D_Cyprius Slapwilly

D_Cyprius Slapwilly New Member

Like most industries, I believe in a certain level of regulation on firearms like requiring safety locks, keeping felons out of gun shops, and banning ridiculous weapons like bazookas and landmines, but I'm not sold on banning guns altogether. I believe that law-abiding citizens should be allowed to purchase guns and ammunition without a problem.

20. Pitbull

Gold Member

No I don't.

Draft saved Draft deleted