Gun control

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no doubt that the GOP in its great wisdom and judiciousness will continue to obstruct this research, because, God forbid, it might support the conclusion that the grotesque rate of gun violence in this country has something to do with the ready availability of guns.

Hours before San Bernardino shooting, doctors urged Congress to lift funding ban on gun violence research (Washington Post, 3 Dec. 2015)

I have not the sufficient number of like buttons to hit for this remark.

Reactions: Calboner

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
"I think we need to have better resources for those that can carry out these horrible acts.....better to either treat them.....or keep them.
In many of these cases a gun is simply the means
..."

Ok, for one, No shit. Obviously there are plenty of issues with unstable people who shouldn't be running free in society because they either need serious help or they need to be locked the fuck up.. but to say the gun is "simply" the means is just maddening to me. People are being massacred on a Regular Fucking Basis.. Why is this still an argument??

I'd say Cenk Uyger expresses his opinion, which I share, on the topic quite eloquently here:

Yes, he gets fired up. I'd say this is a pretty valid reason to be this upset about this ridiculous bullshit. (skip ahead to 2:54 minutes... that's when the points are made)

Thought I would post this here.....

1 Big Enormous Gun for sale....able to take out at least 30 to 50 Americans in a single minute.
Large calibre, makes a loud bang. Very loud bang.
Not suitable for children under the age of 14.
Takes 2 hands to control. Possibly needs 4 hands. ( If you have shot of fingers from owning previous weapons)

Be aware this is a one time only offer. Offer only available to US citizens only. Because this weapon is not available elsewhere.

But wait, there's more, with this offer also comes the one in a lifetime offer of the set of stay sharp knives.......................................

Last edited by a moderator:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
my idea for the gun control issue
create a best seller game better than MONOPOLY
incorporating the next region for a mass killing
black or white individuals running aroun
wont say who shoots who
terrorist/CIA involvement a must
none of this straight to jail biz
posthumous nobel peace award is better
coppers kill instantly, another reward is your helicoptered over the scene
proceeds to the NRA/ or/and get more guns manufactured etc

Obamaa wandring up to his lectern with a sombre/deathlu look, this shouldent be happening
to the best country in the wold
'we have the best military'
7 years not enough, i need a further 20 years in power
funny how it hasent been resolved, yet all the worlds woes have been 'corrected' huh duh'
plenty of possibilities
get mattell, or the NK bots onto it instamtly
so an act of war can be declared on them ..

So much for the all American hero Superman who was supposed to be faster and stop a speeding bullet.
Truth, Justice........yadda yadda yadda. Now you know why they introduced Tony Stark.

Convince the very, very young that being rich and powerful is good. How many of you have kids, nephews or nieces dress up like Ironman or a superhero these days?

Ok, so where in the real world are the extremely rich and powerful exerting their influence for the good of humankind? Who pays for these movies? Who has their adds placed at crucial moments?

Thinkaboutit. Both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Tashfeen Malik’s declaration of allegiance to the Islamic State was posted on Facebook about 11 a.m. Wednesday, roughly the time of the shooting, according to people briefed on the investigation."

Dylan Roof;
"...the gunman's reported self-declared motivation reflected a major topic on white supremacist websites, which are preoccupied with the idea that "whites are being hugely victimized by blacks and no one is paying attention."
"....One image from his Facebook page depicts Roof wearing a jacket decorated with two emblems that are popular among American white supremacists: the flags of the former Rhodesia (now known as Zimbabwe) and apartheid-era South Africa"

One man is a Muslim, the other is a Christian
One crime is considered "Terrorism", the others "Hate Crime"

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Paranoid man in Michigan town legally carrying a handgun uses it on a seven-year-old girl and her mother.

7-year-old dead, mother in serious condition after Taylor Sportsplex shooting (M Live, 4 Dec. 2015)

The man who is believed to have shot the two, Timothy Nelson Obeshaw, 57, fired rounds into the victims' vehicle and then turned the handgun on himself.

A 9 mm pistol recovered from the scene was registered to Obeshaw. He registered the weapon in his own name in September 2015 in the city of Belleville, where he at one point lived with Watson, the 7-year-old deceased, and the girl's father.

"It was a legal weapon," [Taylor police chief] Sclabassi said.

Police confirmed Obeshaw also had a valid concealed pistol license.

He recently moved to a home in Taylor where he lived with at least one other individual.

Upon talking to family and friends of Obeshaw, police were told the man "believed that someone was trying to control him through mind control," Sclabassi said.

"He thought someone was out to get him," she said in a Friday press conference. "Unfortunately, it appears as a result of his (instability) we now have a little girl who simply just wanted to go yesterday to play soccer, and never went home."​

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
We have "plenty of "solutiuons" you and your ilk just don't want to hear anything about them because you INSIST each one must absolutley prevent 100% of the events 100% of the time and if not it's a "non-starter"

Of course your one solution has prevented NONE of them..

Reactions: Calboner

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
That's the thing Ed.. common sense gun control laws Are a solution. Compare countries with stricter gun laws to the U.S side by side, and see how many of our own citizens are being slaughtered compared to theirs. Can we stop 100% of the criminals in the world from committing crimes? No. But we can Fucking TRY.. and the numbers will show you, fewer guns = fewer gun Deaths. Period.

That video was posted 9 months ago. How many mass shootings or other gun deaths/injuries have occurred since then?? How many in other countries, like Australia? Hmmm... I think it's the Guns Lebowski.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If countries from which a lot of tourist traffic comes to the US were to issue travel warnings with the effect of reducing tourism here, perhaps it would exert some pressure on the opponents of gun regulation.

Former Australian Politician: Country Should Issue Travel Warning for US After Shootings (Policy.mic, 4 Dec. 2015)

In the wake of the San Bernardino shootings that killed at least 14 and wounded 21, Fischer is taking issue with the U.S. State Department's Dec. 2014 travel alert to Americans traveling to Sydney, following what NBC News called a "lone-wolf" attack. Additionally, after the Nov. 13 Paris attacks, the U.S. Passports & International Travel website issued an alert to all international travelers from the U.S. The alert did not single out any one country.

Fischer thinks it should be the other way around.​

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's the thing Ed.. common sense gun control laws Are a solution.

And we have those in Oregon along with some stupid ones.None of that has stopped the drive bye shootings in Medford or what happened at U.C.C. and other places in Oregon.So what more common sense laws would you have?Tell me what Oregon is not doing.