Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Now if only there had been more people with guns in that cinema, we could have had a regular shoot-out. Yee haw.

Woman seriously injured in Renton theater shooting (KOMO News, 21 Jan. 2016)

RENTON, Wash. - A 40-year-old woman was seriously injured Thursday when she was shot in the chest inside a Renton movie theater, police said.

The shooting happened at around 8 p.m. at a movie theater at the The Landing in Renton during a showing of the film "13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi."

"It got about 15-20 minutes into the film and I believe the lady in front of us that got shot was actually talking to her husband or significant other and that's when we heard the loud pop," said one witness, who did not want to be identified. He was sitting 3 or 4 rows behind the man when the gun went off. . . .

"Preliminary accounts indicate that an intoxicated suspect entered one of the theaters and was fumbling with a handgun he had in his possession when it went off, striking another patron seated in front of him," Renton Police said in a statement.​

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
Bulldog

It is nice that you say you do not suffer from "don't leave home without it itis" But there are plenty of people, some that post here that display all the symptoms of this condition one of which is the almost utter panic of just the idea of ever having to be more than inches from there loaded weapon of choice.

To hear them talk there very life depends on it and it is the only thing that is going to allow them to make it home alive.

It is also my observation a significant percenadge of these sufferers are also very susceptible and often, too often succumb to "Zimmerman syndrome" the symptoms of which are as soon as they strap on that 9 they all the sudden grow these big huge balls which lead them to, to quote and old lyric "go where they shouldn't be a go'in and mess with who they shouldn't be a mess'in" because they know that their lack of good judgement and/or when their alligator mouth has overwhelmed their hummingbird ass they can just pull out that gun and shoot and kill who ever and then especaily if there are no witnesses make up some bullshit story and claim they were "afraid for their life" and walk, maybe not even get arrested much less charged with anything.

There is nothing wrong with being prepared but there is also nothing wrong with being smart enough to know where trouble is more likley to happen and not going there if you do not absolutley have to and avoiding it if you can rather than going there "on purpose" for lack of better way to put it "looking for trouble" which is the approach I have said I take. I have said that if I do not have and do not ever see myself getting a CWP because if I ever had to go someplace I thought I might need a weapon I can in every state I know of always have my 659 or 645 unloaded and a couple of full mags in the center console or glove box and to me that is "prepared" enough even though a certain poster characterized that as a "dis-abled weapon"

I and I do not think anyone else here has ever or ever will say that you should not have gun

What I and others have said it that you or others should not be able to get one as easy as going down to 7-11 for a f-ing slurpee.

First you can start out by answering the questions I asked a few posts earlier and explain your answers.

If I could enact a new gun safety law it would actually "ban" very little.

Yes it would end this NRA developed fantasy that unless you have an FFL that you can buy and sell for a profit dozens or even hundreds of guns a year you are not a "gun dealer" or as it is called in 18USC "in the business of selling firearms" be treated like the person who is selling 2 or 3 old weapons they have had for years and years or just inherited or whatever and want to sell and only do that 1 or 2 times every 4 or 5 years.

My new law would allow you to buy all the AR's AK's and what kind of handgun ever else you want and you could buy all the "stock'OEM" mags for them you want. For the rifles that would be no more than 10 rounds or whatever the original size was IE 4 rounds for Remington 74-- auto and in handguns I would be OK with bumping that up to whatever fits in the original sized butt/grip IE 16 in an M-9 or I guess it is 17 in a Glock.

Now I would allow for you to have the ability to buy "high capacity magazines" but it would be modeled on the NFA which does even still today allow for you to buy and own full auto weapons.

It would not be quite so involved when it comes to cost in fact other than an "application/processing fee" which you pay for plenty of things when getting a permit/license from the government there would be no ongoing costs.

You could buy all the 20-30 or 40 round mags or 100 round drums you want but you would have to account for them, you could not just sell them to "no body" you would be able to sell them just like that retailer sold it to you but that person will have had to go through the same procedere you did and there would be a record of that sale as there was when you bought it in the first place and if it is "lost" or "stolen" you would have to report that and maybe just maybe if every other month you are "loosing" what ever you might just loose your ability to buy any more of them.

But you would not be able to just walk into some store plunk the right amount of cash and walk out with a 100 round mag or with a few clicks order one up on the internet as easy as getting a movie from netflix or a pizza deliverd to your door from Papa Johns so you can turn your AR-15 into a "slow firing machine gun" greatly enhancing your ability to go to some movie theater or where ever and kill dozens in seconds.

Nothing would be "banned" nothing would be "confiscated"

We have had the NFA on the books for going on a 100 years and unless it was in conjuction with some other underlying crime not a single full auto weapon has ever been taken from it's right full owner by the Federal government. In the time the Clinton era AWB not a single "grandfathered" "assault weapon" was confiscated by the Federal government.

Two examples where with Federal laws "registration" did NOT "lead to confiscation"

Maybe it has happened in some states or cities but those are examples of those all important "States rights" and "local control" which "conservatives" are supposed to be so all for all the time

It would be some help maybe only on the margins and not be a 100% solution 100% of time in 100% of the situations that may arise but better than what we have now.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
NRA criticises Australia's gun buyback scheme in controversial new video

A new video from America's pro-gun lobby group the National Rifle Association criticises Australia's buyback scheme, warning the same approach would mean "bans and confiscations" for US gun owners.

America's pro-gun lobby group, the National Rifle Association, has posted a video drawing parallels between Australia's 1990s gun buyback scheme and current efforts to tighten firearms laws in the US.

Key points:
  • NRA warns the introduction of an Australian-style gun buyback scheme would mean "bans and confiscations" for American gun owners
  • The video, which uses Australian newspaper articles from the 1990s, draws mixed reaction on social media
  • Shooters Union Queensland maintains the 20-year-old information used in the video is still relevant
The NRA video warns that implementing a similar gun buyback scheme to Australia would mean "bans and confiscations" for American gun owners.

The video takes snippets from interviews and speeches by Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton praising Australia's stance on gun control.
www.abc.net.au: NRA criticises Australia's gun buyback scheme in controversial new video

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Now if only there had been more people with guns in that cinema, we could have had a regular shoot-out. Yee haw.

Woman seriously injured in Renton theater shooting (KOMO News, 21 Jan. 2016)

RENTON, Wash. - A 40-year-old woman was seriously injured Thursday when she was shot in the chest inside a Renton movie theater, police said.

The shooting happened at around 8 p.m. at a movie theater at the The Landing in Renton during a showing of the film "13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi."

"It got about 15-20 minutes into the film and I believe the lady in front of us that got shot was actually talking to her husband or significant other and that's when we heard the loud pop," said one witness, who did not want to be identified. He was sitting 3 or 4 rows behind the man when the gun went off. . . .

"Preliminary accounts indicate that an intoxicated suspect entered one of the theaters and was fumbling with a handgun he had in his possession when it went off, striking another patron seated in front of him," Renton Police said in a statement.​

Update:

Guns--making us safe, one victim at a time.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

something different
its what they do, with guns ..
i obvioualy take no responsibility gor the gun crazed out there ..

Fires weapon under water - with his own life on the line

Published on Jan 24, 2016
It's harder to create movement in water than in air, because water molecules are closer together than air molecules. To show the difference in resistance, physicist Andreas Wahl puts himself in front of a weapon submerged in water and fires it - on himself.

WARNING: The experiments shown in "Life On The Line" are conducted without any other safety than what appears in the videos. The experiments have been thoroughly tested in advance, in close consultation with professional personnel. To recreate or otherwise attempt to repeat the experiments can be fatal and is strongly discouraged.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
be interested to see what revelations/insight/action the incomming warmonger will come up with re the USs gun control situation

am sure it keeps a majority all fired up/ready to go
lets be honest,where would you be without it/them
those who are fascinated by it,your right to access of them etc ..

but then,same olle rhetoric huh same ole,
wonder why the sight of the thread info does that to someone ..

additt,why not throw it in hah

CLAIM: Vice President Joe Biden said that 'no ordinary American cares about their constitutional rights.'

red.gif

www.snopes.com: FALSE: Joe Biden Said 'No Ordinary American Cares About Their Constitutional Rights'

Last edited:
Reactions: 185248

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Naw, ya have these yahoos whinin about states rights and then when a state legislator attempts any type of legislation pertaining to states rights AGAINST their Percieved rights, then it becomes a federal issue again.. Go figure..

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Uneasy reflections on the formerly law-abiding gun owner who went on a shooting spree in Kalamazoo:

My nightmares always return after news like the Kalamazoo shootings. I have trouble reconciling details about the killer like these from the New York Times where they tell us, "Neighbors described him as quiet and polite, though he caught their attention when he occasionally shot a gun out the back door of the house he shared with his wife and two children." . . .

So the nightmares continue, until we find some way to either help people learn self-control or change our culture from one where everyone thinks they need to own a damned gun to be "safe."

There is no safe. There never is. There is only today, and if you escape today and don't get shot, then you have tomorrow. Otherwise today is it. But guns don't make us safe. They make us suspicious, and filled with hubris about how we can keep ourselves safe by shooting projectiles into the bodies of people we encounter at car dealerships, Cracker Barrels, the movies, school, and church. The list goes on and on.

They can make more guns, but we're not safer. Every day, we're more at risk, because the odds are one of those guns will be in the hands of an unstable malcontent who has no compunction about aiming at you and pulling the trigger.

The Kalamazoo Shootings Are My Worst Nightmare (Karoli Kuns, Crooks and Liars, 22 Feb. 2016)​

Reactions: Boobalaa

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
Domestic Abusers Take Their Fight To Own Guns To The Supreme Court
Both men were convicted of domestic violence under Maine statutes that include "reckless" conduct. Their lawyers argue that the men acted in the heat of the moment and their impulsive, reckless acts of domestic violence are not serious enough to qualify under the federal gun ban.

In essence, as The Trace explains, they're arguing for a hierarchy of domestic violence offenses. In their estimation, not all domestic violence convictions should result in a gun ban. Instead, they say, only intentional, purposeful acts of violence should trigger the loss of gun rights under federal law.

The question put to the court boils down to this: Does it matter what mental state you are in when you commit domestic violence? Under the law, if you commit such a crimerecklessly, as opposed to knowingly or intentionally, should you still forfeit your right to buy or possess guns?

be interested to see what revelations/insight/action the incomming warmonger will come up with re the USs gun control situation

am sure it keeps a majority all fired up/ready to go
lets be honest,where would you be without it/them
those who are fascinated by it,your right to access of them etc ..

but then,same olle rhetoric huh same ole,
wonder why the sight of the thread info does that to someone ..

additt,why not throw it in hah

CLAIM: Vice President Joe Biden said that 'no ordinary American cares about their constitutional rights.'

red.gif

www.snopes.com: FALSE: Joe Biden Said 'No Ordinary American Cares About Their Constitutional Rights'
Something strikes me as plain wrong about that pic where the guys in front are all staged on one knee and the smiling politician.

in his beautiful tailored suit complete with Carrier cap behind a twenty foot fence.

Maybe it's photo shopped.

Last edited by a moderator:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Something strikes me as plain wrong about that pic where the guys in front are all staged on one knee and the smiling politician

was a snopes true/false article vibzz
i inadvertently, took the false out i think ha ..

damn good spotting by a Qld Aussie politician from down under tho ha ..

behind a twenty foot fence.

Maybe it's photo shopped.

think theyre intimating theyll close gitmo down, just to spite the O
is that poly a rep/dem, not that i give a F' ha

Last edited:

Hope you don't mind rb, sent you a message. Have asked powers that be for those guys faces, the pic to be removed. Don't think they or their fam's thought it would end up so public.