Gun control

LittleBuzzSaw

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
In memory of the children that were killed at Sandy Hook, I encourage people not to engage with this conspiracy theory fanatic. View attachment 727110

In memory of all the people our government has assinatated and blamed on someone else. Do you know factually or personally any of these people, or know someone who does?

It has been indisputably proven some of the "victims" of this "incident" have been proven "victims" of other "mass shooting incidents" in different parts of the country.

marinera

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
@LittleBuzzSaw, I know nothing about Sandy hook, but the conspiracy theory doesn't hold water: there have been countless mass murders so adding another won't do much to support funziona control; there is no money to make supporting gun control, no Need to impose gun control to establish a dictatorship once you suppose that all' the media joined the conspiracy : once the government has Total control on media, controls minds, so gun control is not needed. Finally, everyone seems convinced the massacre happened and gun control has not passed, so facts disproves the main premise.

marinera

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
@LittleBuzzSaw, I know nothing about Sandy hook, but the conspiracy theory doesn't hold water: there have been countless mass murders so adding another won't do much to support *gun control; there is no money to make supporting gun control, no Need to impose gun control to establish a dictatorship once you suppose that all' the media joined the conspiracy : once the government has Total control on media, controls minds, so gun control is not needed. Finally, everyone seems convinced the massacre happened and gun control has not passed, so facts disproves the main premise.

Edit. Damn cellphone

LittleBuzzSaw

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
@LittleBuzzSaw, I know nothing about Sandy hook, but the conspiracy theory doesn't hold water: there have been countless mass murders so adding another won't do much to support funziona control; there is no money to make supporting gun control, no Need to impose gun control to establish a dictatorship once you suppose that all' the media joined the conspiracy : once the government has Total control on media, controls minds, so gun control is not needed. Finally, everyone seems convinced the massacre happened and gun control has not passed, so facts disproves the main premise.

I have to disagree. There are also (if they haven't been removed) videos showing victims of the Orlando shooting being wheeled out on EMT stretchers and a block later around the corner, getting off the stretchers and walking away.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to disagree. There are also (if they haven't been removed) videos showing victims of the Orlando shooting being wheeled out on EMT stretchers and a block later around the corner, getting off the stretchers and walking away.
In memory of the 49 lives lost in Orlando. 061716_orlandovictims.jpg

LittleBuzzSaw

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
And what if anything does that have to do with if the next Loftner or Lanza or ------- should be able to go buy what ever he wants and as many as he wants and as quick as he wants and it all be as easy and "no questions asked" as going down to a 7-11 and picking up a loaf of bread or a GD slurpee ???
It isn't that way.

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
Yes

Depending on the state it OFTEN is !!!!

The two I am most familiar with it most definitely is !!!

There is a "gun show" this weekend, between the two states there is at least one at least once a month.

I have been to enough of them to know what I would see if I went to the one this weekend.

I have seen it with my own eyes and seen it often enough to know it was not some "isolated event"

Reactions: LittleBuzzSaw

LittleBuzzSaw

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Yes

Depending on the state it OFTEN is !!!!

The two I am most familiar with it most definitely is !!!

There is a "gun show" this weekend, between the two states there is at least one at least once a month.

I have been to enough of them to know what I would see if I went to the one this weekend.

I have seen it with my own eyes and seen it often enough to know it was not some "isolated event"

Now this I totally agree on. I'm all for closing the gunshow "person to person" transactions.

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
You really have to ask yourself why is it that prior to "instant background checks" that "gun shows" especially as we have known them for the last 10 or so years did not for all practical purposes even exist?

Back then all you had was every once in a while a few people at a few tables at some flea market selling a few of their old guns .

To me especially the way the NRA has fought tooth and nail about closing the loophole that they try to claim does not even really exist they exist as they do now for pretty much one reason.

It is common for gun shops to post and/or hand out flyers about the up coming gun show.

It is at least "not unheard of" bordering on common that on a Friday afternoon a gun shop employee IE someone who does NOT have an FFL who it just so happens has been handing out those flyers all week to buy up how ever many of what ever and then show up at the gun show sell them, at premium price often and then what ever they do not sell return to their store on Monday morning to get a "refund"

Reactions: LittleBuzzSaw

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

yes i would have an expectation that the gun carrying authorities would be capabble of executing there trained for duty,despite

all very well for the coroner to speak as such after the event

fyi
have never indicated NZs exempt from gun crazed nutters
a particularly nasty eg

2002/BEFORE everything became Terrorism related

Murdered bank teller protected fellow worker

http://mobile.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.php?c_id=1&objectid=1942517

follow up

Gunman nearly killed five more

http://mobile.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.php?c_id=1&objectid=2047640

Australia cafe siege inquest finds police waited too long

A coroner's inquest into an attack on a cafe in the Australian city of Sydney has found police waited too long to resolve the situation.

Two hostages and the gunman were killed during the Lindt cafe siege more than two years ago.

The inquest had been examining the police response and was one of the longest and most complex in Australia’s history.

Yaara Bou Melhem reports from Sydney.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
0602%20Brazil_Weapons.jpg

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A really hard to read article, that talks about school children who survive school shootings and how it affects them. Not a subject that is often talked about. A very worthwhile article to read:
Twelve seconds of gunfire
In tiny Townville, S.C., first-graders are haunted by what they survived — and lost — on a school playground
Recess had finally started, so Ava Olsen picked up her chocolate cupcake, then headed outside toward the swings. And that’s when the 7-year-old saw the gun.

It was black and in the hand of someone the first-graders on the playground would later describe as a thin, towering figure with wispy blond hair and angry eyes. Dressed in dark clothes and a baseball cap, he had just driven up in a Dodge Ram, jumping out of the pickup as it rolled into the chain-link fence that surrounded the play area. It was 1:41 on a balmy, blue-sky afternoon in late September, and Ava’s class was just emerging from an open door directly in front of him to join the other kids already outside. At first, a few of them assumed he had come to help with something or say hello.

Then he pulled the trigger...........

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/lo...-graders-who-survived/?utm_term=.d49059917503

LittleBuzzSaw

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
yes i would have an expectation that the gun carrying authorities would be capabble of executing there trained for duty,despite

all very well for the coroner to speak as such after the event

fyi
have never indicated NZs exempt from gun crazed nutters
a particularly nasty eg

2002/BEFORE everything became Terrorism related

follow up

Gunman nearly killed five more

http://mobile.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.php?c_id=1&objectid=2047640

Australia cafe siege inquest finds police waited too long

A coroner's inquest into an attack on a cafe in the Australian city of Sydney has found police waited too long to resolve the situation.

Two hostages and the gunman were killed during the Lindt cafe siege more than two years ago.

The inquest had been examining the police response and was one of the longest and most complex in Australia’s history.

Yaara Bou Melhem reports from Sydney.

Now, imagine if you will, one of those victims being able to fight fire with fire and end it before police even arrived.

Reactions: Ed69

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
this was his kind and generous way of attempting to 'end it' as you say
paid for it with his life

seems to me your suggesting end it by firepower
in that sense do you think the offenders going to stand there and wait till you shoot him?

so are you supposing you KNOW how the offender will react?

stop trying to be an apologist for it all, wont convince anyone except yourself or like minded people

we disagree on tactics etc, leave it at that i suggest

Now, imagine if you will, one of those victims being able to fight fire with fire and end it before police even arrived.

#5373LittleBuzzSaw, Today at 11:08 AM

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
Yes always the dependable knee jerk "you are on your own" "it is all up to you" "no one is coming to help" "good guy with a gun" NRA fueled fantasy world crapola.

How many times do we have to see where the good guys with guns never draw them as was the case at the Oregon JC a year or so ago. Or do draw them and come withing a 1/10 of a trigger finger squeeze of shooting an "innocent bystander" as was the case with Gabby Giffords "town hall" in that shoping center parking lot. ??

Here is the scenario that is possible if not likely that comes out of the "good guy with a gun" scenario the NRA will never touch.

You are in LE and out on patrol on a bright and sunny Saturday morning and you hear the call over the radio "shots fired" in oh lets say the local Safeway parking lot, it is 3 minutes away you hear no other report and get no description and within a minute can hear the shots, you roll up and get out head for the sounds of the shots and within 10 seconds see a guy, god forbid it be a black guy with a gun, lets add the degree of difficulty of saying you are some kind of detective, not in uniform and in an unmarked vehicle, The guy turns, has his gun drawn but is no where near pointing it at you or anyone else or maybe just maybe he is in fact pointing it in the general direction of at least one person , the person he is mistaking for the shooter, or maybe he in fact points it at you because all he sees is "a guy with a gun". You shoot him and as per popular training it is center of mass and just keep shooting until he is "neutralized" AKA DEAD.

You find out that person was that "good guy with a gun"

In the "confusion" the shooter, the actual shooter shoots 3 more people until his last maybe only 30 round glock mag is empty, drops the gun he bought at a gun show "no questions asked" which is where he got the mags and ammo as well and fades into the crowd.

He was wearing gloves, the gun has no prints or DNA on it.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We get it, make up any fantasy you can think of to excuse not taking responsibility for your own safety.Run, hide with the children, but don't you dare think of fighting for your life.

LittleBuzzSaw

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Yes always the dependable knee jerk "you are on your own" "it is all up to you" "no one is coming to help" "good guy with a gun" NRA fueled fantasy world crapola.

How many times do we have to see where the good guys with guns never draw them as was the case at the Oregon JC a year or so ago. Or do draw them and come withing a 1/10 of a trigger finger squeeze of shooting an "innocent bystander" as was the case with Gabby Giffords "town hall" in that shoping center parking lot. ??

Here is the scenario that is possible if not likely that comes out of the "good guy with a gun" scenario the NRA will never touch.

You are in LE and out on patrol on a bright and sunny Saturday morning and you hear the call over the radio "shots fired" in oh lets say the local Safeway parking lot, it is 3 minutes away you hear no other report and get no description and within a minute can hear the shots, you roll up and get out head for the sounds of the shots and within 10 seconds see a guy, god forbid it be a black guy with a gun, lets add the degree of difficulty of saying you are some kind of detective, not in uniform and in an unmarked vehicle, The guy turns, has his gun drawn but is no where near pointing it at you or anyone else or maybe just maybe he is in fact pointing it in the general direction of at least one person , the person he is mistaking for the shooter, or maybe he in fact points it at you because all he sees is "a guy with a gun". You shoot him and as per popular training it is center of mass and just keep shooting until he is "neutralized" AKA DEAD.

You find out that person was that "good guy with a gun"

In the "confusion" the shooter, the actual shooter shoots 3 more people until his last maybe only 30 round glock mag is empty, drops the gun he bought at a gun show "no questions asked" which is where he got the mags and ammo as well and fades into the crowd.

He was wearing gloves, the gun has no prints or DNA on it.
I'll take my chances, even if I'm the guy in civilian clothes because I'm off duty.

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
and the "good guy with a gun" you killed and the one he killed (because he saw him with a gun) and the two "innocent bystanders" the both of them shot just before you arrived capped off with a uniform from yours or another agency Sheriffs department or what ever who you never even see shoots and kills you because all they see is a guy in civies that's just shot another civilian "Oh fucking well" I guess ???

All because the Ed69's of the world and you think that the solution is to always turn every situation into some kind of old timey wild west shoot out .

Oh and the shooter still drops his gun fades into the crowd and gets away

LittleBuzzSaw

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
and the "good guy with a gun" you killed and the one he killed (because he saw him with a gun) and the two "innocent bystanders" the both of them shot just before you arrived capped off with a uniform from yours or another agency Sheriffs department or what ever who you never even see shoots and kills you because all they see is a guy in civies that's just shot another civilian "Oh fucking well" I guess ???

All because the Ed69's of the world and you think that the solution is to always turn every situation into some kind of old timey wild west shoot out .

Oh and the shooter still drops his gun fades into the crowd and gets away
Well, I still have yet to shoot any good guys with guns at crime/shooting scenes, and I have yet to be shot when off duty because I know how to act and there are actually training classes out there on what to do in one.

'Twas a nice try though.