Gun control

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There's backpacks too. But do you have any footage of guns going into or out of any of these?

I'm not asking this to be antagonistic. It's just that the ACLU has implemented a policy as a result of the Charlottesville rally and I don't necessarily know that it addresses the charlottesville rally.

The open carry folks were militia and they didn't seek any assistance from the ACLU.
Why would that heavily armed man leave all of his guns at the hotel? He looked pretty attached to them. I guess the ACLU should have checked with you before they changed their policy.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why would that heavily armed man leave all of his guns at the hotel? He looked pretty attached to them.

Because he didn't want to increase arrest chances? Because he didn't want to give excuses to libs? I dunno why, you'd have to ask him.

Some of those guns are way too big to hide even in a backpack. He wasn't using one as a prosthetic limb, so for sure he didn't have the long guns on him.

ozwestcoastboy

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
DIUWm-GXgAAp0pY.jpg:large

The Meat Rod Cometh

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Blackpowder Matchlocks are the answer baby!

And they look way sexier too.
No amendment can ever touch these bad boys baby as they are not even considered "firearms" according to the modern definition.

Lead pounding enemy asses since 1475.

Long Sexy Guns Represent!

Attachments

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
mmmm would have to give that much thought i would think/maybe???

National firearms amnesty not enough to reduce gun violence in Australia, expert warns
The World Today
By Stephen Smiley

Could Australia learn something about gun control from the US?
As Australia's national firearms amnesty reaches its halfway point, gun policy experts warn a different approach is needed to prevent tragedies like Sunday's shooting of a three-year-old girl in western Sydney.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-...ol/8853380?WT.mc_id=newsmail&WT.tsrc=Newsmail

sizehungry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Before the dreadful Port Arthur episode here in Australia , i had a gun collection that would make an anti gun lobbyists blood run cold . Assault rifles , tactical rifles + high end optics , high capacity pump action shotguns ( twin draw bar type ) , a few rimfires , shit loads of spare mags & rounds , fighting knives , etc , etc . All of the above , except the knives , were surrendered during the amnesty which followed that terrible event . Recently i have been considering the purchase of a new rifle . Nothing fancy , just an old , mint condition ex-military 5 shot bolt action . Why ? , well this is the dilemma , i do not and will not shoot anything that i'm not going to eat , don't care for the bullshit posturing that i've seen at some shooting clubs , self defence ? nope , that's illegal , besides which , a rifle is just a tad bulky . Deep down i guess it's because i just feel naked without one , but that does not impress the licensing authorities one bit . Right now , the awful death of a defenceless 3 year old girl ,here in Sydney at the weekend , makes me ask , why at all ? . I think i will hold off for a while , and re assess my needs vs wants , and as i do so , live in the vain hope that our governments will introduce draconian penalties for violent criminals of any kind , rather than continually punish those who abide by our nations legalities whilst pursuing their interests/hobbies etc .

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
another few 000 less, for what its worth
and i do think its worth heaps
good for them, we havent had perhaps needed one here yet recently,as in an amnesty, altho i think we should take Auissies leasd
suppose theyve made millions more for those who think theyre required??
as long as the Govt heavily restricts the sale then thats reasonable i would think
F' our rights to bear arms' PRIVILEGE not a right huh?? attitudes!!!

Nearly 26,000 guns handed in since July in first national firearms amnesty since Port Arthur
By political reporter Richard Baines
Updated about an hour ago

PHOTO: This 1915 WWI German Luger pistol was among the firearms handed in during the amnesty.(ABC Radio Adelaide: Brett Williamson)

Figures released today show between July and September, 25,999 firearms have been handed in around the country, an average of more than 400 each day.

Justice Minister Michael Keenan said he was surprised by how high the number was.

"The expectation was that we would get a large number, but 26,000 has really exceeded our expectations," he said.

More than 13,000 guns were surrendered New South Wales, 7,000 in Queensland and 2,150 in Victoria.

The amnesty, which allows Australians to hand in firearms without facing legal consequences, finishes at the end of this month.

"If you hold that gun after the end of the amnesty period then you are running a very significant risk," Mr Keenan said.

Rare and vintage firearms among those surrendered
Authorities are reporting vintage and rare guns being handed in as part of the amnesty.

One man in Queensland surrendered guns he had collected over 30 years.

They included a shotgun from the Vietnam War, a luger pistol from World War I and a Smith and Wesson .455 revolver from World War II.

"There's guns that've been handed in that would've been used during World War II, guns from the 1850s," Mr Keenan said.

Outside of the amnesty period, having an unregistered firearm is punishable with up to 14 years prison on a fine of up to $280,000.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-...ty/8883822?WT.mc_id=newsmail&WT.tsrc=Newsmail

Before the dreadful Port Arthur episode here in Australia , i had a gun collection that would make an anti gun lobbyists blood run cold . Assault rifles , tactical rifles + high end optics , high capacity pump action shotguns ( twin draw bar type ) , a few rimfires , shit loads of spare mags & rounds , fighting knives , etc , etc . All of the above , except the knives , were surrendered during the amnesty which followed that terrible event . Recently i have been considering the purchase of a new rifle . Nothing fancy , just an old , mint condition ex-military 5 shot bolt action . Why ? , well this is the dilemma , i do not and will not shoot anything that i'm not going to eat , don't care for the bullshit posturing that i've seen at some shooting clubs , self defence ? nope , that's illegal , besides which , a rifle is just a tad bulky . Deep down i guess it's because i just feel naked without one , but that does not impress the licensing authorities one bit . Right now , the awful death of a defenceless 3 year old girl ,here in Sydney at the weekend , makes me ask , why at all ? . I think i will hold off for a while , and re assess my needs vs wants , and as i do so , live in the vain hope that our governments will introduce draconian penalties for violent criminals of any kind , rather than continually punish those who abide by our nations legalities whilst pursuing their interests/hobbies etc .

I will let you in on a secret which has been around for thousands of years. Well, since evolution actually. If we as a people at any time feel we are threatened by government or nation which has superior weapons to survive, we will deserve to become extinct.

Nations who think their weapons will save them are in histories graveyard.

If you don't believe me..............look it up.

BULLDOG00

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I will let you in on a secret which has been around for thousands of years. Well, since evolution actually. If we as a people at any time feel we are threatened by government or nation which has superior weapons to survive, we will deserve to become extinct.

Nations who think their weapons will save them are in histories graveyard.

If you don't believe me..............look it up.

I'll tell you what my Australian friend, I'll keep my guns and you can keep your boomerang and Crocodile Dundee knife.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
uuuhhm
gun crazed,or no duh
anyone think b we should always listen to the coppers?

U.S.
Florida police have warned people not to fire their weapons at Hurricane Irma after thousands responded to a Facebook event.

"To clarify, DO NOT shoot weapons @ #Irma. You won’t make it turn around & it will have very dangerous side effects," the Pasco Sheriff's office tweeted late Saturday.

The Facebook event is titled "Shoot at Hurricane Irma" and over 50,000 people have expressed interest in taking part.

"Let’s show Irma that we shoot first," the event description says.

Some who responded appeared to take the event seriously, posting pictures of themselves with what appeared to be firearms.

Don't Fire Guns at Hurricane Irma, Florida Police Warn
Police issued the warning after thousands RSVP'd to a Facebook event titled "Shoot at Hurricane Irma."

http://www.newsweek.com/dont-fire-guns-hurricane-irma-florida-police-warn-662494

Reactions: 185248

I'll tell you what my Australian friend, I'll keep my guns and you can keep your boomerang and Crocodile Dundee knife.
It takes a great deal of skill to master the Boomerang, the stick which was shaped like a wing over 40,000 years ago. Ever thrown one? For it to return to the thrower? You probably would do yourself an injury :) It's a bit different than just pointing and pulling a trigger.

That's ok, you can keep your guns. Never wanted to remove them from you. I'm thinking though you would probably feel a bit useless without it strapped to your side anyway, would not wish to make you feel unconfident about yourself.

Croc Dundee was a movie made for the US market. Paul thanks you. Clint Eastwood came up to him and quoted the scene from the Dundee movie....then said....Now you know how it feels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
SCIENCE

Public Health
More Guns Do Not Stop More Crimes, Evidence Shows

More firearms do not keep people safe, hard numbers show. Why do so many Americans believe the opposite?

In Brief
  • The claim that gun ownership stops crime is common in the U.S., and that belief drives laws that make it easy to own and keep firearms.
  • But about 30 careful studies show more guns are linked to more crimes: murders, rapes, and others. Far less research shows that guns help.
  • Interviews with people in heavily gun-owning towns show they are not as wedded to the crime defense idea as the gun lobby claims.
After I pulled the trigger and recovered from the recoil, I slowly refocused my eyes on the target. There it was—a tiny but distinct circle next to the zombie's eye, the first bullet hole I'd ever made. I looked down at the shaking Glock 19 in my hands. A swift and strong emotional transformation swept over me. In seconds, I went from feeling nervous, even terrified, to exhilarated and unassailable—and right then I understood why millions of Americans believe guns keep them safe.

I was standing in a shooting range 15 miles south of Kennesaw, Ga., a place known as “America's Gun City” because of a law requiring residents to own firearms. It was day two of a four-day road trip I'd embarked on to investigate a controversial and popular claim made by the gun lobby: that more guns protect more people from crime.............

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/more-guns-do-not-stop-more-crimes-evidence-shows/

BULLDOG00

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
SCIENCE

Public Health

More firearms do not keep people safe, hard numbers show. Why do so many Americans believe the opposite?

In Brief
  • The claim that gun ownership stops crime is common in the U.S., and that belief drives laws that make it easy to own and keep firearms.
  • But about 30 careful studies show more guns are linked to more crimes: murders, rapes, and others. Far less research shows that guns help.
  • Interviews with people in heavily gun-owning towns show they are not as wedded to the crime defense idea as the gun lobby claims.
After I pulled the trigger and recovered from the recoil, I slowly refocused my eyes on the target. There it was—a tiny but distinct circle next to the zombie's eye, the first bullet hole I'd ever made. I looked down at the shaking Glock 19 in my hands. A swift and strong emotional transformation swept over me. In seconds, I went from feeling nervous, even terrified, to exhilarated and unassailable—and right then I understood why millions of Americans believe guns keep them safe.

I was standing in a shooting range 15 miles south of Kennesaw, Ga., a place known as “America's Gun City” because of a law requiring residents to own firearms. It was day two of a four-day road trip I'd embarked on to investigate a controversial and popular claim made by the gun lobby: that more guns protect more people from crime.............

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/more-guns-do-not-stop-more-crimes-evidence-shows/

Awesome. Lets disarm the police and military. Give them squirt guns.

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
SCIENCE

Public Health

In Brief

Perfect. You proclaim that you are gun and gluten-free. I'll keep the NRA sticker in my front window. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Reactions: Hatched69

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Croc Dundee was a movie made for the US market. Paul thanks you.

Went to theatre school for a year, back in the late 70s, with Linda Kozlowski, who became Paul Hogan's Crocodile Dundee costar, real-life girlfriend, and wife.

Just a stroll down memory lane. :)

Reactions: deleted37010

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So now we have the Vegas shooting tragedy. I guess this really is a rhetorical question but can anyone tell me why in any circumstances should a regular citizen of any country be able to purchase the type of weapon that was used to kill more than 50 people and wound a few hundred more? Second Amendment bullshit not with standing. These are not weapons to protect your property or yourself. These are weapons of war. Surely the right to bare arms was leaning towards cattle rustles and attacks from the British?

BULLDOG00

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So now we have the Vegas shooting tragedy. I guess this really is a rhetorical question but can anyone tell me why in any circumstances should a regular citizen of any country be able to purchase the type of weapon that was used to kill more than 50 people and would a few hundred more? Second Amendment bullshit not with standing. These are not weapons to protect your property or yourself. These are weapons of war. Surely the right to bare arms was leaning towards cattle rustles and attacks from the British?

A skilled shooter could do the same damage with a low capacity handgun.

ThroatX

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
this is what happens when the population grows beyond acceptable limits, we had a discussion way back in high school about over population (1982) and every thing we talked about is happening now. Miss that teacher more then ever now days, might have to make some phone calls.