Gun control

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
sort of related guns/killings
general human interest story

shows our Govts as gulty as everyone else with ill treatment of returned soldiers
pittance offered to these men, should be triple at least
gentlemen in those days just by his humble speech in this
unlike that brash we know who

too many F'n laws to protect the arses of those not currently serving maybe?
how can WINZ (NZs Govt benefits org) be so stupid and pigheaded
mana = power in Maori

enugh said?

SAS veteran denied pension for 40 years after being told he hadn't served in Vietnam

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/99...am?cid=edm:stuff:dailyheadlines&bid=489736227

Trevor

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
These are almost identical to what I used to own . I handed them all in during the national amnesty , declared as a result of the massacre at Port Arthur Tasmania , in which 35 people were shot by an imbecile nut case . I used to enjoy giving them a run on a friends property ( huge ) , where we could let them rip , in absolute safety , no drugs , no alcohol and no killing of animals unless they were feral pests . My interest in owning such weapons , is pretty much zero these days , besides which , they are severely frowned upon if one is caught with them . Serious jail time is an almost certain consequence . If someone had told me 20-25 years ago , that my mindset would shift , i'd have laughed at them , but time and circumstance does bring change , and , in relation to these things , it's probably for the best . View attachment 895775 View attachment 895776 View attachment 895777 View attachment 895779

Well the difference is that you Aussies obeyed your government and handed your guns over. Americans will NEVER give up their guns and this article explains why.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/apr/18/usgunviolence.usa

Reactions: Hatched69 and Ed69

sizehungry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well the difference is that you Aussies obeyed your government and handed your guns over. Americans will NEVER give up their guns and this article explains why.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/apr/18/usgunviolence.usa
Hi Trevor , I must say , that I agree completely with your nephew . In Australia , we have no means of " overthrowing " a corrupt Government , should we have one . There are those who say that this can not ever happen here . Perhaps they do not study history . I believe absolutely in the right of the individual to protect his/her life , those of their loved ones , neighbors , and , their property . In my life , I have been assaulted ( by more than one & requiring treatment ) on three occasions , have been burgled twice , and have had four cars stolen ( one recovered damaged ) . Since i am no longer armed , on the advice of a friend , I now carry a stainless steel pen in my breast pocket , and will not hesitate for a split second to use it , if confronted with any of the above " vermin " . Of course , that does not help me when these " low lifes " have guns , or large knives . In that case the law of the land , generously allows me to submit to being brutalized , possibly to " bleed out " on the sidewalk , and wait for the police to protect me . Terrific , gotta love that .

Reactions: LittleBuzzSaw

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
23 January
Schoolboy opens fire in school
Kills 2
wounds dozens
Ah, the joys of the second amendment, and its ok folks cos guns are allowed as its a given right and it doesn't really matter as they were only Kentuckians!
(remember Trump at the farmers rally doing a gun shooting mime. 0h he must be really proud)

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We have enough gun control. We need idiot control.

The idiots are the people who feel that it is acceptable for a civilian population to have easy access to guns.

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
control people or control guns*
IS
control agent or control means

same old argument and we’ve gone nowhere

* don’t even bring up other implements: Las Vegas, Pulse, Benton, most other could not have occurred if the means had been a knife, hammer, a bat or an axe.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
control people or control guns*
IS
control agent or control means

same old argument and we’ve gone nowhere

* don’t even bring up other implements: Las Vegas, Pulse, Benton, most other could not have occurred if the means had been a knife, hammer, a bat or an axe.
its actually "control those who control applications for guns"

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
its actually "control those who control applications for guns"

solution: eliminate humanity: that also solves terrorism, immigration, world hunger, child abuse, human trafficking, drug abuse, income disparity, overcrowded prisons, mental illness, disease, human pride, meanness, and stupidity.

Maybe god can fucking get it right next time.

Reactions: Ed69

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
23 January
Schoolboy opens fire in school
Kills 2
wounds dozens
Ah, the joys of the second amendment, and its ok folks cos guns are allowed as its a given right and it doesn't really matter as they were only Kentuckians!
(remember Trump at the farmers rally doing a gun shooting mime. 0h he must be really proud)
Here you go, careful it has a sharp point!:rolleyes:
1200px-Safety_Pin.jpg

Reactions: BBone

stustu

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Maybe when an elementary - middle - or high school in Washington DC
gets hit by an idiot with a gun and the politician's wives and mothers get involved, maybe
then innocent children might be safe in school.
Remember MADD Mothers against Drunk Drivers
Maybe MAG Mothers against Guns

Reactions: London74

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
...don’t even bring up other implements: Las Vegas, Pulse, Benton, most other could not have occurred if the means had been a knife, hammer, a bat or an axe.

Not a knife, hammer, bat or axe. But that list is certainly not comprehensive. Even an SR20 (Paddock previously owned N5343M) with Avgas would have taken out hundreds at the concert in Las Vegas. He clearly had thought about aviation fuel; he fired a round into a tank on airport property. He also was apparently either not terribly bright - or at least failed to consider that the jet fuel stored in that tank is not flammable.

airman record.png
N5343M.jpg
tank impact.jpg

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not a knife, hammer, bat or axe. But that list is certainly not comprehensive. Even an SR20 (Paddock previously owned N5343M) with Avgas would have taken out hundreds at the concert in Las Vegas. He clearly had thought about aviation fuel; he fired a round into a tank on airport property. He also was apparently either not terribly bright - or at least failed to consider that the jet fuel stored in that tank is not flammable.
View attachment 958131 View attachment 958142 View attachment 958132

Oh wow, a priceless quibble from Mimi...

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
FINE

MAKE them use knives, hammers, bats, bare hands and lets see how that goes.

We ALREADY have examples where the results were FAR less drastic.

On the same day as Sandy hook, some guy in as I recall CHINA stabbed with a KNIFE something like 20 people, they ALL lived.

Make the next Paddock use an SR-22 or a Cessna 172.

Most will not be pilots in the first place, most will not have access to a plane of their own. Most will not want to be "suicide bombers"

Paddock spent 10's of thousands of dollars because he didn't want to be one

Media
3c5bcfaee84b5706ad6375a7a1f69a1a185610402fd588636fc86d673254c32e.jpg

396e6f77c853e968f2e3c691f2e94dc2.jpg

And shove your thoughts and prayers! They’re useless.
Do your job.​

Reactions: b.c.

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
Lets see

Start the normal crapola

Now is not the time -----------

More GD "thoughts and prayers"

Gun free zones ------

"If only they could have shot back"

Reactions: b.c.