Gunman kills 22 at US college

Gun control

• Rescind the constitutional provision

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Introduce a gun control system (such as the UK)

Votes: 39 44.3%
  • Do nothing - it's nothing new

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • Other....hence the thread

Votes: 5 5.7%

• Total voters

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This will no doubt (re) ignite the gun control issue. What do people here think, is gun control practical in the US or should constitutional protection again be used as an excuse for doing nothing:

Gunman kills 22 at US college - news.uk.msn.com

Does a gun culture promote violence? The argument that guns don't kill, people do is not an argument, or at least not much of one.

witchway

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I just don't think Americans will ever give up their right to own guns. We've lived this way for over 200 years and I don't think the majority of Americans are ready to give up this right just yet.

creek47

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Does it matter. Rigt now gun control should be the last thing on the nation's mind. The hearts and minds should go to the victims and the families. This is a tragedy that shouldn't have politcal implications just yet.

However, to be fair. America will never give up the weapons. This is a fundamental right in the US Bill of Rights and is in the second amendment. (Although the interpratation doesn't mean that a person has a right to own a gun. But many NRA nuts never examine the amendment differently.) The real question, is why do some people feel the needto use guns. Taking the weapons away is only a quick fix, the real answer is solving why people want to kill each other.

gketwin73

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The thing that really bothers me about this whole incident is that we keep hearing about Iraq being so dangerous and no doubt that it certainly is but the violence here in America has gotten outta control.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My girlfriend goes to VT. This is the kind of behavior that causes people to not want to give up their rights for guns.

And for the above post, one of the students calling in said his friend from iraq called him and said its a sad day in america when you are having more action in virginia than he is having in iraq.

gketwin73

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My girlfriend goes to VT. This is the kind of behavior that causes people to not want to give up their rights for guns.

And for the above post, one of the students calling in said his friend from iraq called him and said its a sad day in america when you are having more action in virginia than he is having in iraq.
Point made with evidence from the source. I am in the military and let me tell you all a little secret.
The truth of Iraq is NOT being told the way it really is. The news media and Congress are NOT giving all of the true and accurate facts on the events of the war. The public, if the truth were to be known and told would feel differently and more support of the war would be guaranteed.

SoLowHung

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If it's not a gun then it will be a home-made bomb. People that want to kill will do so. Granted the gunner may have calmed down while trying to make a bomb but I am still a firm believer that I should be able to defend myself from the harm of another and right now the best way to do so during immediate action is with a fire arm.

It's sad. Stress levels and general dissapointment mess people up bad.

I feel bad for the families.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The real question, is why do some people feel the needto use guns. Taking the weapons away is only a quick fix, the real answer is solving why people want to kill each other.

That's what I'm wondering, too. Somebody still has to choose to pull the trigger.

Not yet sure on how I'd vote in the poll.

SoLowHung

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Point made with evidence from the source. I am in the military and let me tell you all a little secret.
The truth of Iraq is NOT being told the way it really is. The news media and Congress are NOT giving all of the true and accurate facts on the events of the war. The public, if the truth were to be known and told would feel differently and more support of the war would be guaranteed.

and could you get in big trouble sharing those facts that we do not know?

D_Herin_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Very sad day indeed. This isn't a gun control issue, this isn't a security issue...this is quite simply a crazed lunatic shooting up a campus. There's no legitimate explanation for the slaughter of 29 kids and a professor. This is a tragedy through and through.

Oh, and if I hear CNN pimp their website again about how many hits that video got, I'm going to throw my shoe through the television. Shut the fuck up about how good your website is and report the news.

SoLowHung

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh, and if I hear CNN pimp their website again about how many hits that video got, I'm going to throw my shoe through the television. Shut the fuck up about how good your website is and report the news.

Yet you just "pimped" their website again. :biggrin1:

gketwin73

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah I know because if the truth was to be told and known for the public to decide. Things would certainly be different. I will not give specific details for obvious reasons but just take about 5% of the news you hear and believe it. The other 95% wrap around your toilet paper and flush it because that is all that it is.
Check out this website for more info www.globalincidentmap.com on all the events happening around the U.S. and the world. It is not just Iraq. This is what we are fighting against, so SUPPORT THE TROOPS !!

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sad, sad day.

Ever notice how these incidents are never carried out with illegally purchased weapons?

And your source for this interesting factoid is ...?

As I recall, the notorious Luby's Cafeteria and Colombine shootouts were definitely perpetrated with illegally-acquired guns. Probably the DC sniper gun, as well.

RUDK

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I totally agree with Creek47. I work on at a unversity and this SICKENS me! This is about SENSELESS VIOLENCE -- whether by words, by fists, by guns. Pray for these poor lost souls.