Gunmen attack Ahmadinejad election office

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Gunmen attacked Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's election campaign centre in the southeastern city of Zahedan on Friday, a day after a deadly mosque bombing in the city blamed on Washington.
State-run IRNA news agency said gunmen on motorbikes opened fire at the centre, wounding three people including a child who needed surgery for stomach wounds.

The early evening attack came a day after a suicide bomber killed 25 people and wounded 125 others in an attack on a Shiite mosque in Zahedan, restive capital of Sistan-Baluchestan province bordering Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Sistan-Baluchestan deputy governor Jalal Sayah told the semi-official Fars news agency that the bombers of the Shiite Amir al-Momenin mosque were "hired by America and the agents of the arrogance" -- a reference to Washington."

The attack on the Amir al-Momenin mosque wasn't well reported in the west.

Violence preceding an election isn't uncommon in Iran, it happened in the runup to the 2005 elections, which Ahmadinejad won. The area where the mosque is situated has been a hotbed for violence for a long time, for a variety of reasons; from religious and ethnic tension to narcotics smuggling.

Although Washington will be paying close attention - the election is in a couple of weeks, Tehran must be desperate if they decide to afford any official credence to claims of direct US involvement in either incident.

Gunmen attack Ahmadinejad election office - Yahoo! News UK

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I expect within the region that these claims of american involvement will be ignored....even if it were true the blame would be more feasibly believed to be that of dissidants

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Although Washington will be paying close attention - the election is in a couple of weeks, Tehran must be desperate if they decide to afford any official credence to claims of direct US involvement in either incident.

Sorry Dong, my friend...the last thing Tehran is at this point is "desperate".

They are ecstatic.

-Obama is toothless on their nuclear issue and they know it. they are running the same playbook that the NOrth Koreans have been running & it is working perfectly.
-
Obama made clear he wont lift a finger to prevent Iran from acquiring nukes...his timetable is 7 months of ditehring and appeasement, during which time the Iranianans are going to be working harder than the elves in Santa's workshop
-Of course that policy does not start till AFTER the Iranian election in June
- Iran just successfully tested its Sejil2 missile with a range of 2000 kilometers
- There is no threat if the Obama plan proves unsuccessful in January, that he will do anything other than consider trying to strengthen international sanctions.
- CIA Director Leon Panetta has made clear that Obama expects Israel to sit by as Iran develops weapons to destroy it.

-China & Russia are supporting Iran because they know a strong Iran weakens the USA.
- Iran just sent naval ships into the Gulf of Aden. an unprecedented move
- the former Iranian Revolutionary Guard General/ deputy defense minister Ali Reza Asghari, who defected in March 2 years ago confirmed intelligence that Iran paid roughly 2 billion dollars for the North Korean reactor that the Syrians were building, that Israel promptly destroyed.
I can guarantee there were some Iranians in NK for the testing of the nuke a couple days back as well as the rocket test, since the NK rockets are the basis of the entire Iranian long range missile arsenal.

- It is a known fact that Iranian nuclear program scientists & officials have attended all NK's major tests including the first nuke test and the ICBM test conducted back in 2006.

- Also, i do not think it is just odd timing, that NK & Iran basically conducted major tests & highly provocative acts within a week of each other. NK tests its
nuclear bomb & missile this week. Iran tested its Sejil-2 missile last week & sent a fleet of warships out of the Persian Gulf.

- They have watched us act like cowards towards their buddies in North Korea for the past 16 years. they have no reason to be desperate.

- Iran has been running the North Korea diplomatic playbook from day 1. It has worked to perfection. They pretend to negotiate & accommodate, but they really do not. then they intimidate, then back down, then rinse & repeat, in a variety of ways. They have watched how we & the world have responded to North Korea over the years & are simply running the same gig. they watched North Korea's threats, provocations & how we responded like weaklings & they knew exactly what we will do at any given time.

- Back in 2006, NOrth Korea set off its nuke & ICBM tests. our reaction was to attempt to appease them & we hopped right back onto the ridiculous 6 party talk train. what did it accomplish? Zilch for us. But it proved to North Korea & showed to Iran, that they had no need to fear us, since, as long as they showed even the most feigned eagerness for engagement, it would buy them months and months to continue working, getting closer &closer in their enrichment & missile programs.

- All Iran has had to do, after watching this absurd spectacle, is follow the same pattern. they discuss & engage, then break off, then threaten, then agree, then disagree, all the while, receiving protection from China & Russia, while stringing US/Europe along, laughing at our stupidity & weakness the whole way.

-Russia and China love it as they watch us being weakened further and further as North Korea and Iran get stronger and stronger.

-Iran has watched this all from the sidelines. the cute Youtube video from Obama, the limp response to the NOrth Korean ICBM test a few weeks back, the outrage with no bite over the nuke test just days ago. they are happy as could be.

They do not even have to bother going through the masquerade of talks and engagement. they have basically told Obama that he doesn't have the balls to stop them with a strike, and they won't negotiate seriously. They are basically challenging him to take action, because they have said they are not stopping. NOrth Korea did not stop, neither will Iran. Someone has to stop them. Iran knows it does not benefit from pretending to be interested in compromising. Obama does not scare them.

Ahmadinejad said it about as crystal clearly as possible after the Iranian ships moved into the Gulf of Aden on the same day as North Korea set off their nuclear device...

"Iran's nuclear issue is over."

Obama has done nothing nor will he do anything to stop Iran.

The time for Talking is over. it is bad enough living in a world with a psychotic regime in NOrth Korea, that is lighting off nuke tests, launching missiles, threatening everyone around them, developing & selling all this technology to other rogue states, who are doing the *SAME* thing...launching missiles, threatening people with nuclear annihilation, all the time moving towards that goal.

Bush screwed up the Axis Of Evil. Talk about a screw up. we should have hit North Korea & Iran. instead, we hit Iraq.

There are only 3 options now.

1.Let these lunatics get nukes, so they can behave just like North Korea, threaten nuclear annihilation against other nations, start a nuclear arms race among the Sunni NAtions.

2. Let Israel strike them, in what will be a difficult raid, that will only merely delay the inevitable for a couple years, except if Israel, which is on the absolute razor's edge at the moment, with 1/4th of Israelis saying they would consider *LEAVING* Israel if Iran goes nuclear, chose to strike with low yield nukes, which, considering the gravity of the situation, is on the options table.

Israel is *NEVER* faced an existential threat like this & they will neither tolerate, nor live under it & when the Israelis are frightened & cornered, they attack with extreme force.

The Arabs will be thrilled, if the Israeli's hit Iran. but this will spin quickly out of control. the Iranians would not attack us, if Israel hit them. because that would force us to attack. but they would launch as many missiles as they could against Israel. Considering the distance, many missiles that went off course could end up killing and injuring thousands, not only in Israel, but the Arab Nations like Saudi Arabia & Jordan between them. that would bring the Saudis into the conflict. then you'd have a war between the Saudis and Iranians as well.

The region would be plunged into chaos.

3. The only sensible solution is a massive US Strike, on all nuclear affiliated targets in Iran, with everything in our conventional arsenal. In addition to that, Massive, relentless attacks on all Iranian Revolutionary Guard Air Bases, Command, Navy, Special Forces, Communications, Army, Production & Storage facilities.

Also, decapitation strikes against all other IRGC & regular Army, Navy, air force bases & command centers.

they must be utterly destroyed, across *ALL* military sectors, bases, units, production & communication.

This is the only way that

A. - the other arab nations & israel will not join the fight, since we would handle the assault, wiping out the long range capability of the Iranian Military (missiles) which are the only way they can reach the Saudis and ISraelis.

Any Israeli attack would not be able to destroy the Iranian military structure to keep it from having the ability to fire back at both Arab and Israeli territory.

We are the only ones that can insure the total destruction of the Iranian Military and their nuclear weapons programs, nobody else can do it.

Unfortunately, after years of screwing around

Time is up.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree that Pyongyang is playing their song, they have some 'common' aims, and I don't mean those which you may think. although they have those too, sort of.

I'm pretty well aware of your view on Iran (and presumably although perhaps for different reasons NK) and while their behaviour may appear 'lunatic', IMO they're anything but.

The question is how far will they be allowed to push in persuit of their aims before 'someone' pushes back. The UN aren't going to do it, that much we know, the so the list of contenders is quite short. If you honestly believe a massive US strike is a sensible solution, I'd say you were the lunatic.

Right now (IMO), Iran is headache, NK a migraine but Pakistan ... is rapidly becoming full on Paroxysmal hemicrania.

BTW, I meant the other desperate, but forgot my smiley, sorry.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree that Pyongyang is playing their song, they have some 'common' aims, and I don't mean those which you may think. although they have those too, sort of.

I'm pretty well aware of your view on Iran (and presumably although perhaps for different reasons NK) and while their behaviour may appear 'lunatic', IMO they're anything but.

The question is how far will they be allowed to push in persuit of their aims before 'someone' pushes back. The UN aren't going to do it, that much we know, the so the list of contenders is quite short. If you honestly believe a massive US strike is a sensible solution, I'd say you were the lunatic.

Right now (IMO), Iran is headache, NK a migraine but Pakistan ... is rapidly becoming full on Paroxysmal hemicrania.

BTW, I meant the other desperate, but forgot my smiley, sorry.

no problem on the smiley omission :tongue:

I hate to say it, but sometimes War is in fact the sensible solution, my friend, sadly enough.

When it is the last resort, it is the only and most sensible solution.

Britain and France did not go to war with Germany until there was no other recourse...eventually, fighting was the sensible, if horrible solution.

We (USA) did not go into WW2 until there was no other recourse...it was not sensible to go earlier when our military was totally unprepared.

I would say Pakistan is worse than a Paroxysmal hemicrania...it is more like a beheading...ouch :smile:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I hate to say it, but sometimes War is in fact the sensible solution, my friend, sadly enough.

Britain and France did not go to war with Germany until there was no other recourse...eventually, fighting was the sensible, if horrible solution.

We (USA) did not go into WW2 until there was no other recourse...it was not sensible to go earlier when our military was totally unprepared.

I would say Pakistan is worse than a Paroxysmal hemicrania...it is more like a beheading...ouch :smile:

War is never sensible, but it is sometimes unavoidable. In these instances it's not ... yet.

Your use of 'sensible' in the context you use it is flawed, the word you're looking for is necessary.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
War is never sensible, but it is sometimes unavoidable. In these instances it's not ... yet.

Your use of 'sensible' in the context you use it is flawed, the word you're looking for is necessary.

i would dispute that, my friend...

if someone pointed a gun at your head, and you had a split second to pull out your own gun and that would kill him in that moment of hesitation, you would be eminently sensible if you were to do that :smile:

I use the definition of it as "Acting with or exhibiting good sense"

also, as in...
I am running out to dinner in 25 minutes, so it would be sensible for me to hop in the shower now...

ta

;)

Last edited:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
if someone pointed a gun at your head, and you had a split second to pull out your own gun and that would kill him in that moment of hesitation, you would be eminently sensible if you were to do that :smile:

Arguably, it would be more sensible to have not put oneself in such a situation in the first place, although I'd agree not always possible.

But what you're describing isn't war, war is typically on a national scale. War is an entirely different phenomenon to random holdups.

In your example, you may deem it eminently sensible, and it may be so (if you're the faster, better shot) otherwise you'd possibly end up eminently dead, which would be far from sensible.

Perhaps, to stretch your analogy [to breaking point], in the case of Iran, who is pointing the gun at whom?

Enjoy your dinner.

StaffnRod

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Flashy
As you correctly surmise throughout this dialogue, there are many parallels between NK and Iran's situation and those appeasement events with Hitler, which ultimately led the USA into WWII. When will the free democratic world come to see - weak political rhetorics are no match for strong willed demographic dictators, who only maintain power by recognition of one thing- the big sword ?
Therefor it is sensible to let the US military act in massive force against Iran now, before Pakistan totally implodes to further destabilize the region & all USA/Israel options.
Had the politicians stepped aside and let the military and Stormin' Norman S. go takeout Saddam H. at his weakest in '91 (with US special forces all set 'on go') , we would have had 18 years to focus Solely on those very issues we face right now. Not to mention the billions $ and all the American casualities.
How history repeats itself, it makes you sick !!
.. my humble 2 cents