guns

W/In 1 Stand Dev

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am very much the "gun nut", so to speak.

One whole thread post here would not be adequate enough to describe my feelings on firearms and/or the right to keep and bear arms or the Second Amendment.

The very short Cliff's Notes version response I have for you is that a gun, to some extent, is an equalizer. There are some women on this forum who, I am guessing, are probably like 5'2" and 120 pounds. If some 6'5" , 300 pound guy wanted to rape them, there is no way that a woman could physically defend herself. The disparity in size and strength is just too much.

I shoot USPSA, IDPA, steel challenge, bowling pin, and 3 gun matches. Just google them, if you haven't seen or heard of them before.

As much as I compete though, I am torn by the rationale or motivation behind why some people (that's SOME people) feel the need to carry concealed (CCW). If you are living a life where you feel the need to carry every time you are out of the house, you need to either move somewhere else or re-evaluate how you are living your life.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
I am a very firm believer in required training in the school systems for gun safety and gun ownership. I am very much a believer in guns and the right to bear arms. I am also an avid hunter and fisherman.

I admit to being a carnivore. I like venison, I like game meat as a whole.

I have one limit and that is with the exception of rabbits and rodents I will not hunt or kill anything that I will not eat. If there is a taxidermy head in my house the other parts ended up in the freezer and were consumed!

Rabbits and rodents are the exceptions simply because they are extremely destructive. It takes living on a ranch (I do) to understand how much damage either of these small animals can do. Try the loss of $1,000 plus for a rewire job on a GM truck a few years ago when rabbits nested under the hood of a ranch truck during a vacation. Mice and rats have a major love of munching on spark plug wires.

Yes I am a strong believer in guns and my Father-in-law is a State gun safety instructor. For us this is a family thing!

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Please! This topic has been argued to death in at least two threads. Do a simple search for "guns" or "gun rights" and read through the responses. There is nothing new anyone can post on a new thread on this old subject. And if there is, post it on one of those old threads and bring them back to life.

I'm not anti gun, I'm just tired of reading all of the same old crap that's been hashed over before.

MalakingTiti

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not sure if this has been discussed but what is everyones view on gun ownership. I personally think everyone should own a gun and be trained in it's use and safety.

I think everyone should own a gun who wishes to own a gun, and I should own 10 for every 1 they have. And for the people who don't want a gun...I'll take theirs.

I have the right to protect myself and my family. I am tired of these thugs and criminals running around doing as they please. I accept the position of judge, jury, and executioner. I've heard the arguments "everyone deserves a fair trial" and "what if an innocent man is accidentally executed?" I say kill them all and let God sort them out.

gtocrzy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Please! This topic has been argued to death in at least two threads. Do a simple search for "guns" or "gun rights" and read through the responses. There is nothing new anyone can post on a new thread on this old subject. And if there is, post it on one of those old threads and bring them back to life.

I'm not anti gun, I'm just tired of reading all of the same old crap that's been hashed over before.

Well then why did you read this? No one made you click on a thread named "guns".

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Guns, Gun control, America and the 2d amend ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Mylor Mentallydaft
06-17-2009
by FuzzyKen
33 436 Politics

'Conceal and Carry' Provision added to the Matthew Shepherd Bill?
willtom27
06-16-2009
by midlifebear
14 192 Politics

Guns-A Constitutional Right? ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
mitchymo
05-31-2009
by Nick4444
102 1,257 Politics

The first thread started by Fuzzyken of 33 pages and 436 posts isn't bad.

The last one started by mitchymo of 102 pages and 1,257 posts is fabulous. But don't take my word for it. Look all four threads up and read through them.

Last edited: