Gustav

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hurricane or thunderstorm? Discuss...

I don't recall seeing this much coverage of a hurricane before. I mean, once you realize the storm has petered out into a thunderstorm, can't we return to our regularly scheduled broadcast?

With another hurricane coming in on Wed/Thurs... is the GOP going to get any airtime for their convention this week?

I guess Stuart Shepard and Focus on the Family prayed a little too hard... lmao

ital8

Experimental Member
Media
Katrina got a lot of coverage as well. But rightfully so. This storm wasn't as intense so whether the amount of coverage was too much or not is debatable.

I love that once Gustav appeared to not be such a big deal that immediately they started talking about Hanna slamming into Savannah.

Bunch of ghouls. These people make the National Enquirer look like a bunch of Pulitzer winners.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love that once Gustav appeared to not be such a big deal that immediately they started talking about Hanna slamming into Savannah.

Bunch of ghouls. These people make the National Enquirer look like a bunch of Pulitzer winners.

I may not support McCain, but I still wanted to see the convention this week. o_O

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hurricane or thunderstorm? Discuss...

I don't recall seeing this much coverage of a hurricane before. I mean, once you realize the storm has petered out into a thunderstorm, can't we return to our regularly scheduled broadcast?

With another hurricane coming in on Wed/Thurs... is the GOP going to get any airtime for their convention this week?

I guess Stuart Shepard and Focus on the Family prayed a little too hard... lmao

your best buds made it extremely political... with zero mention how the Democrat mayor and Democrat Governor left the ppl to take Hurricane Katrina.... and then lambast the fed for not cleaning up... nice...

YouTube - Hurricane Party!

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
it pisses me the fuck off that it's all about fucking new orleans. all the news channels are talking about baton rouge and new orleans, but mostly new orleans. even after it PASSED them! instead of talking about the towns and cities that the hurricane was CURRENTLY IN as it went along, they just kept talking about new orleans. they didn't even get it that bad and yet they're still fucking talked about it. i'm sick of hearing about new orleans. i want to hear about my area but since it's a small town, i doubt i'll be hearing anything about it. :rolleyes: all i know is the parish i live in got it the worst, and the town that got it the worst was the next town over, which is like 5 - 10 minutes away. it would be nice if they showed coverage as the hurricane was going farther north. i even tried to search online for stuff but i can't find anything. it's pretty frustrating. and they aren't letting anyone back in louisiana for now.

i don't even know what the hell we're gonna do. most of the shelters are full and we don't have enough money to stay another night at this hotel. if we do, we won't have gas money to get home. check out time is in an hour and a half...

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Considering Katrina, Gustav's coverage wasn't any more or less justified. We all remember Katrina and Rita and others. We all knew not all repairs to levees were accomplished since and even those levee repairs, the question became whether they had been done to even pre Katrina specs. After Katrina, it came to light that the levees would only hold up to Cat 3 storms. Even restored to that, the other levees not refurbished were weak links in the city's defense against a storm, a disaster postponed for 3 years. Gustav fortunately weakened and skirted the coastline at a Cat 2. The footage I saw, some areas still flooded, other areas, what concrete barriers filled to the brim with sea water with occasional surge toppling over. still other areas, levees leaking like a sive. Anyone that thinks the repairs to New Orleans can handle much more than Gustav has a false sense of security and if they stay for the next one, are fools of the highest order.

The focus here in Miami is now on Hurricane Hanna, she isn't budging from the Bahamas. Then there's "Ike" further at sea. Who cares about the RNC, we know what the Republicans are bringing to this election.