guy asked me to

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jonb@Dec 24 2004, 02:28 AM
First rule: In all sexual matters, there's a gender double standard.

The dictionary definition of adultery doesn't even apply within the Bible; if I'm a polygamist, am I always committing adultery?
[post=269546]Quoted post[/post]​

Dammit, I hate the first rule!! The world is a much kinder place to be a man than a woman. I am surprised sometimes that the men I live side by side with have no idea of the differences between my life and theirs. Kind of like white people who don't really the believe the struggles of blacks and minorities are really that big of a deal. It's really not bad in a city of any relevant size (overtly), but get into small town America and it's a problem for me just to live alone and be successful to any degree. Of course, not working for someone else helps too. If I decide to go get a real job tomorrow, I know I have to have my best suit dry-cleaned, my best forged resume, and a cache of jokes to dazzle them with. I also better wear some nice heels, make sure my hair and nails are done, be charming and witty, because I can't just be a little better than the next guy to get the job, I have to knock them off their feet, and maybe even make them want me sexually to get the job. These are things men never have to consider.

Polygamy, harrrruuuumph! Most men have enough trouble keeping one woman happy, why would they want more women mad at them? It's about as strongly misogynistic as anything I can think of. Yes, the sinful woman is the adulterer, not the skeezy man, I know.

*spits on whoever wrote the rule book that said woman are to be docile*

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by jonb@Dec 23 2004, 09:28 PM
First rule: In all sexual matters, there's a gender double standard.

The dictionary definition of adultery doesn't even apply within the Bible; if I'm a polygamist, am I always committing adultery?

The Bible was brought into this discussion. It is true that in the Old Testament of the Bible that men had more than one wife. According to the Scriptures, God did not like that. In the New Testament, it was considered wrong. So. from a modern Bibical standpoint adultery is any married person having sex outside of marriage. Single people can't commit adultery. And it is the same regardless which gender commits the act. I don't know of a Christian theologan that would not agree that this is the doctrine of the New Testament or Christian part of the Bible as we now it today.

According to the New Testament there is "neither male nor female, Greek or Jew" in the eyes of God. That interpretation is that lo some nearly 2000 years ago St. Paul, the Apostle declared eqality of the genders as being the word of God.

This is the understanding of all mainline Protestant thinking about the subject for sure.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora+Dec 23 2004, 10:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madame_zora &#064; Dec 23 2004, 10:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jonb@Dec 24 2004, 02:28 AM
First rule: In all sexual matters, there&#39;s a gender double standard.

The dictionary definition of adultery doesn&#39;t even apply within the Bible; if I&#39;m a polygamist, am I always committing adultery?

Dammit, I hate the first rule&#33;&#33; The world is a much kinder place to be a man than a woman. I am surprised sometimes that the men I live side by side with have no idea of the differences between my life and theirs. Kind of like white people who don&#39;t really the believe the struggles of blacks and minorities are really that big of a deal. It&#39;s really not bad in a city of any relevant size (overtly), but get into small town America and it&#39;s a problem for me just to live alone and be successful to any degree. Of course, not working for someone else helps too. If I decide to go get a real job tomorrow, I know I have to have my best suit dry-cleaned, my best forged resume, and a cache of jokes to dazzle them with. I also better wear some nice heels, make sure my hair and nails are done, be charming and witty, because I can&#39;t just be a little better than the next guy to get the job, I have to knock them off their feet, and maybe even make them want me sexually to get the job. These are things men never have to consider.

Polygamy, harrrruuuumph&#33; Most men have enough trouble keeping one woman happy, why would they want more women mad at them? It&#39;s about as strongly misogynistic as anything I can think of. Yes, the sinful woman is the adulterer, not the skeezy man, I know.

[post=269560]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

While you are spitting. You can skip the Bible. That is if you believe what mainline Protestant churches believe that the Bible says. If you read it all and not pick out a verse here and a verse there, Protestants believe in eqality for the genders and base it on the Holy Scriptures of Bible.

*Zora takes Bible out of stack of books for the spitting ceremony to be held down at the bridge.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Freddie53+Dec 24 2004, 08:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Freddie53 &#064; Dec 24 2004, 08:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by madame_zora@Dec 23 2004, 10:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jonb
@Dec 24 2004, 02:28 AM

The dictionary definition of adultery doesn&#39;t even apply within the Bible; if I&#39;m a polygamist, am I always committing adultery?

Dammit, I hate the first rule&#33;&#33; The world is a much kinder place to be a man than a woman. I am surprised sometimes that the men I live side by side with have no idea of the differences between my life and theirs. Kind of like white people who don&#39;t really the believe the struggles of blacks and minorities are really that big of a deal. It&#39;s really not bad in a city of any relevant size (overtly), but get into small town America and it&#39;s a problem for me just to live alone and be successful to any degree. Of course, not working for someone else helps too. If I decide to go get a real job tomorrow, I know I have to have my best suit dry-cleaned, my best forged resume, and a cache of jokes to dazzle them with. I also better wear some nice heels, make sure my hair and nails are done, be charming and witty, because I can&#39;t just be a little better than the next guy to get the job, I have to knock them off their feet, and maybe even make them want me sexually to get the job. These are things men never have to consider.

Polygamy, harrrruuuumph&#33; Most men have enough trouble keeping one woman happy, why would they want more women mad at them? It&#39;s about as strongly misogynistic as anything I can think of. Yes, the sinful woman is the adulterer, not the skeezy man, I know.

While you are spitting. You can skip the Bible. That is if you believe what mainline Protestant churches believe that the Bible says. If you read it all and not pick out a verse here and a verse there, Protestants believe in eqality for the genders and base it on the Holy Scriptures of Bible.

*Zora takes Bible out of stack of books for the spitting ceremony to be held down at the bridge.
[post=269599]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Freddie, I wasn&#39;t alking about the Bible at all in this particular rant, but the social inequalities that exist even today, long after we should have had the simple stuff sorted out. Since you bring it up, I certainly hope you don&#39;t mean to imply that the whole New Testament supports your theory of equality for women?? Don&#39;t make me fish out my Bible and shoot you down for the next seven pages, I know I can and so do you&#33; Yes, that one thing said by Paul (who I flatly refuse to call a saint) seems to infer equality in the eyes of God, but does nothing to assuage the hearts of men. Paul also said it is better to remain single (like him), but if you are not able due to weakness of the flesh, then it is better to marry than to burn with lust. Nice, huh? Here again, I can pull out a litany of slams he takes at women. In my opinion he is one of the early authors of misogyny, I almost completly disregard his words when I read the Bible. I actually like the Bible a great deal, but I refuse to have it used as an example of something it&#39;s not. It&#39;s not a book of equality amoung the genders, races, sexual identities. These are not even primary issues brought up in the text, however the societal standards of the time are referenced and people (due to their stupidity and inability to think clearly) have taken that to mean that things should never change, never progress. Well, most of us do not live like the amish, so we have progressed in many ways, except socially. We cling desperately to archaic ideas of how we should behave, based on a book that was compiled from a variety of sources thousands of years ago, meant to describe circumstances surrounding the life and times of one man. It was never intended to set the stage for all of eternity. That we have turned it into that is a sad commentary on how bankrupt we are on ideas. We cling to these precepts basically to avoid re-evaluating or considering any new information. If anyone acted like that in business, their business would go under. If anyone acted like that in their marriage, they would not be married for long- their spouse would punch them in the eye&#33; Yet we have a whole society trying to survive by NOT LEARNING. It&#39;s completely insane, and it does a grave disservice to the authors of the Bible, and ulitmately to God. He gave us brains to think with, not to use as a hat rack.

But I digress, as I often do. Jonb and I were commenting on the societal definition of adultery, and our society does care which gender is doing the wrong- less wrong for men. Those are the concepts I was spitting on *hocks lugey*, not the Bible.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora+Dec 24 2004, 04:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madame_zora &#064; Dec 24 2004, 04:34 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Freddie53@Dec 24 2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by madame_zora@Dec 23 2004, 10:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jonb
@Dec 24 2004, 02:28 AM

[post=269599]Quoted post[/post]​

Freddie, I wasn&#39;t alking about the Bible at all in this particular rant, but the social inequalities that exist even today, long after we should have had the simple stuff sorted out. Since you bring it up, I certainly hope you don&#39;t mean to imply that the whole New Testament supports your theory of equality for women?? Don&#39;t make me fish out my Bible and shoot you down for the next seven pages, I know I can and so do you&#33; Yes, that one thing said by Paul (who I flatly refuse to call a saint) seems to infer equality in the eyes of God, but does nothing to assuage the hearts of men. Paul also said it is better to remain single (like him), but if you are not able due to weakness of the flesh, then it is better to marry than to burn with lust. Nice, huh? Here again, I can pull out a litany of slams he takes at women. In my opinion he is one of the early authors of misogyny, I almost completly disregard his words when I read the Bible. I actually like the Bible a great deal, but I refuse to have it used as an example of something it&#39;s not. It&#39;s not a book of equality amoung the genders, races, sexual identities. These are not even primary issues brought up in the text, however the societal standards of the time are referenced and people (due to their stupidity and inability to think clearly) have taken that to mean that things should never change, never progress. Well, most of us do not live like the amish, so we have progressed in many ways, except socially. We cling desperately to archaic ideas of how we should behave, based on a book that was compiled from a variety of sources thousands of years ago, meant to describe circumstances surrounding the life and times of one man. It was never intended to set the stage for all of eternity. That we have turned it into that is a sad commentary on how bankrupt we are on ideas. We cling to these precepts basically to avoid re-evaluating or considering any new information. If anyone acted like that in business, their business would go under. If anyone acted like that in their marriage, they would not be married for long- their spouse would punch them in the eye&#33; Yet we have a whole society trying to survive by NOT LEARNING. It&#39;s completely insane, and it does a grave disservice to the authors of the Bible, and ulitmately to God. He gave us brains to think with, not to use as a hat rack.

But I digress, as I often do. Jonb and I were commenting on the societal definition of adultery, and our society does care which gender is doing the wrong- less wrong for men. Those are the concepts I was spitting on *hocks lugey*, not the Bible.
[post=269600]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Zora, I do understand where you are coming from. I am not a particular fan of Paul myself. The Bible is a difficult thing to interpret. Obviously your background of understanding the Bible is a bit different from mine. I know about all those passages, but as I understand it Paul was speaking his opinion, not God&#39;s. That is the trick here. Actually it is the Gospels that I like to read. And Jesus never condemned a woman. To me the Gospels take precedent over the writings of Paul. They were letters Paul wrote to some churches. While they have some merit and and some theology that is relevant, the real Christian message is in the Gospels. Paul never met Jesus. I have laughing refered to some churches as Pauline churches not Christian churches.

I do disagree with one of your statements and that is the Bible is based on the life of one man. Actaully it covers thousands of years. It also talks about very different culttures thorughout the those thousand years. And you will find the rules of living changing throughout the Bible. Any person can pick any viewpoint you wish and pick a verse here or there and say that it is based on the Bible. That is how diverse it is. So I look to the basic truths that are eternal that Jesus said and lived. And how many people did Jesus condemn? None. He condemned the organized religion of his day and he died for it. I doubt Jesus would be very thrilled at some of the stuff the religious right is spouting forth in his name right now either.

But to your point about adultery. Legally it doesn&#39;t matter which gender has commitd the act if the innocent party wants a divorce. At least that is the way it is here in my state. And to me the legal term is what matters.

I was horrified to read the idea that only women can commit adultery. I should have addressed that more then the definition of adultery. If you read what Jesus said, then I think you could conclude that Jesus would agree that adultery is the same regardless which gender did it. And if there is a question I always take what Jesus said or implied over what Paul wrote in one of his three page sentences.

For the record, Paul admits that in some of his writings he is only speaking for himself. Thank God for that. The Bible would be easier to understand if we could just scissor out all of Paul&#39;s personal opinions leaving only what God told him to write. It would shorten his letters a bit. Or maybe more than a bit.

The situation of where a person in a marriage has sex with another person other than the spouce with the permission of their spouse in my opinion gives no legal basis for divorce under the adultery laws of the state. Strangely, I don&#39;t think the Bible truly addresses that at all. It was so common place (for men only) in Biblical days. Only they didn&#39;t have to have their wive&#39;s permission.

There is a story where Jesus does condemn the men for committing adultery and then trying to stone a woman for doing the same. His words were. To those who have not sinned, cast the first stone. I am paraprasing that. And all theologans agree that Jesus was talking about the men committing adultery, not just any sin.

And while we are on the subject, there are many who believe the prohibition in the New Testament of gay activity only applies to married people, not single people. And we have to discount much of the Old Testament because those rules were society rules, not God&#39;s rules. And I believe that if Jesus didn&#39;t confirm a doctrine from the Old Testament, then there is a good chance that it is not relevant today.

As for me, I think each person should read it and come to their own conclusions. Except for ministers who are paid by the church and thus the church sets their standards whether they are Biblical or not, the rest of us should accept each other period. Jesus said that he was the judge. So, I try to keep my judge&#39;s robe in my closet where it belongs or better yet, let&#39;s send it to the trash heap.

I will say Zora, you are a very learned person. You see the grave injustices of our times. I do really believe that if the Bible were read as a whole, understanding the culture of the times then and the times now and separating the truths from cultural biases, we would get a different picture of the Bible. This is my way of interpreting the Bible. What was God saying to the people then through this passge and what is God saying to us NOW. The emhasis must always be on the NOW and we always have to remove inherent cultural biases of the time the passage was written to get the understand what God is saying through that passage today. And unfortunately most folks don&#39;t hear what God is really saying much of the time. That is the main truth of the Bible. That is to hear what God has to say. Sadly, we as a culture don&#39;t hear God much better than they did years ago.

And that part about women keeping silent in the church is talking about a certain group of women who were causing trouble, not to all women of all time. That is what I believe about that passage.

But then I am a member of one of those terrible "Liberal" churches the religious right deplores daily. Yes, I read their stuff. They condemn my church regularly and at every opportunity.

As for gender equality, societies that have a strong Christian heritage generally have more gender equality than those who don&#39;t such as the muslim cultures and the eastern cultures. You don&#39;t see any equality in those societies at all.

I am going to go get my robe out of the trash heap for just a second. THOSE FOLKS MAKE A MOCKERY OF WHAT JESUS IS TRYING TO TEACH IN HIS ETERNAL TRUTHS. While some of the so called Christian right have a different understanding of the Bible, mainline Prosestant churches do not read some of those rules as coming from God. They were part of ancient Hebrew culture, but nowhere does God Himself endorse such stuff. There were too many women on the ancient part of the Bible and in the Chrisitan part of the Bible that were leaders and even pastors for any doctrine that is currently spouting forth from the religious right. Now you can go and put the judge&#39;s robe back in the trash heap. I just said what I wanted to say all day. I just judged. O well. I am human too.

Thanks for replying Zora. You think deep. I admire that.

*Zora is taking freddie&#39;s judge&#39;s robe from his closet to the bridge to be burned.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Freddie, when I said the Bible was based mainly on the life of one man, I was only referring to the New Testament, sorry, I should have been clearer. Your robe is in no danger of being burned under the bridge&#33; It seems our interpretations of the Bible are not too dissimilar, and I wholly applaud you for reading it in such a manner. I think it is rare to find people who are actually able to differentiate the fact that there are different authors, different circumstances described, and even individual ideas to be gleaned from the seperate books. I agree that the only things I have found to be condemned by Jesus himself were the Pharisees and the corrupt practises of the church itself. I wish more practising Christians were more aware of this. Jesus was not about condemnation, but about healing and making whole. All that being said, it is easy to find places where women were seen as lesser, even in the New Testament, but I see this as a description of how that culture operated and not a law as to how things were to remain. Yes, Christianity offers more equality to women than some of the other major religions, but none of them make me happy completely in this particualr area, which is why I regard with some skepticism some of the other teachings. It is impossible to know exactly where to draw the line between what is the intention of God to communicate, and what is the intention of the MAN writing the text. Perhaps time will offer illucidation, but until then I am cautious. Jesus himself is not credited with actually writing one word in the Bible, so it is always a man&#39;s impression of what He said, which could be faulty to some extent. I don&#39;t believe in saints at all&#33; We are all saints, and sinners at different times.

And where is the illustrious jonb in all this? Sorry buddy, didn&#39;t mean to blow up a simple statement on society into a religious diatribe. See what happens when I get snowed in?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Dec 23 2004, 07:39 PM
I always thought polygamy varied by its intent. If nothing else, women already have at least 2/3 of the parental generation. Ultimately, multiple wives isn&#39;t as fun as it sounds, but there&#39;s usually social status associated with it.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jonb+Dec 25 2004, 12:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; Dec 25 2004, 12:39 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Dec 23 2004, 07:39 PM
I always thought polygamy varied by its intent. If nothing else, women already have at least 2/3 of the parental generation. Ultimately, multiple wives isn&#39;t as fun as it sounds, but there&#39;s usually social status associated with it.
[post=269698]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Now, multiple husbands....THERE&#39;S a stellar idea&#33;

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
But if one is allowed and the other isn&#39;t, you have to correct the gender imbalance.

Of course, then there are the polygamists who are married to both men and women. I&#39;m sure you&#39;d be into THAT relationship.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jonb@Dec 25 2004, 08:06 AM
But if one is allowed and the other isn&#39;t, you have to correct the gender imbalance.

Of course, then there are the polygamists who are married to both men and women. I&#39;m sure you&#39;d be into THAT relationship.
[post=269740]Quoted post[/post]​

You see, sometimes the pendulum has to swing in the opposite direction, for a time, to correct an imbalance. I&#39;m really not about female superiority, although I come off sounding like it sometimes, but I do believe that the societal imbalances will have to be corrected at some point. Who knows what it will take to accomplish this, but I&#39;m willing to do my part *winks*.

In reality, it&#39;s marriage at all that I object to. I wish people could share their lives because they want to, in whatever grouping they prefer, not because they are bound. THAT&#39;S the relationship I&#39;d be into. Oh yeah, and the one where I owned all the property and the men only owned their horses, blankets and weapons.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
By the gender imbalance, I was referring to the simple mathematical fact that there will be an imbalance in the number of men and women. In terms of gender roles, I think a certain Phallic Thunder God over the Oil Fields caused the "polygamy = misogyny" reputation.

Standard Deviant

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Originally posted by hungshyman@Dec 20 2004, 01:45 AM
A guy asked me to have sex with his wife is this a good way to get sex sines no woman wants me and I may get alot of sex this way.
[post=268228]Quoted post[/post]​

Look, it may work out just fine. My wife and I have had two hung pals who we had terrific fun sexual friendships with. One was with us for over a year, the other for over 3 years. (Not nearly as often as I would have liked&#33;) Yes, there is always a chance of problems, as some have warned you about here. But if you get a really good feeling about them both after meeting them in a nonsexual situation once or twice before doing anything, then use your judgment and enjoy.

But why do you say "no woman wants me?" Just shy? Lack of bathing???

My wife and I would have loved to have known someone like you and would have enjoyed having you with us a lot if it had worked out. I also would have liked to have given you expert blowjobs a few times a week in addition to 3way fuckfests with my wife if we were compatible. You and they are tremendously lucky if you&#39;re all well suited to one another and truly into the 3way relationship and no problems arise. These may not be the "normal" idea society has, but they can be just as fun and fulfilling as coupling between 2 partners. You 3 may even develop a genuine love for one another, not just sex.

Bluespeedoz

Expert Member
Media
Howdy

Does his wife know he has asked you to have sex with her? How does she feel about this? Since no woman wants you why do you think this might lead to alot of sex? Assuming she agrees, is her husband going to be there too? If yes, what is his role going to be ie onlooker or participant? If as a participant is he expecting to have sex with you too? would you be agreable to having sex with him?

Mate, I think you need to get more information from this guy before going any further. :huh:

D_Harry_S_Taint

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I did this, and even if sex was good and the woman sexy, I never met them again, the husband was completely stupid.

The funny thing is that we should have been there for a threesome, but he came in his pants when his wife started sucking me... He should have fantasized too much on this moment :)

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, that&#39;s a shame for all of you&#33; Maybe he was more into seeing your cock than she was, but at least you gave her a good time. If he came that quickly, the poor woman probably desperately needed it&#33;