Guy at home in his underwear - please help

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
why do we not have a testicular cancer awareness month? i mean, this is breast cancer awareness month (and i've been wearing a pink bracelet in support of it. hell, i also bought all the girls i work with a bracelet) and i know breast cancer is an epidemic, but i feel that testicular cancer is ignored.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
why do we not have a testicular cancer awareness month? i mean, this is breast cancer awareness month (and i've been wearing a pink bracelet in support of it. hell, i also bought all the girls i work with a bracelet) and i know breast cancer is an epidemic, but i feel that testicular cancer is ignored.

Testicular cancer has been overshadowed when held against the vast network giiven breast cancer but, not fully ignored. There's a Testicular Cancer Awareness Week each year in April and websites are available. It will take a similar ad campaign and public awareness campaign that helped put breast cancer in the light, for testicular cancer to receive its due.

In the meantime check these places Testicular Cancer. What is it? and

Cancer Services Online: Cancer Awareness which has a staggering statistic at the end

"According to the California Cancer Registry, and the American Cancer Societies Cancer Facts and Figures 2000, there were 411 new cases of breast cancer in women 0-34 and 461 new cases of testis in men. Testicular cancer is usually more serious because it is at a more advanced stage when young men finally get it checked. Yet a recorded message while waiting to speak to someone at the American Cancer Society suggest women 20 and over have a mammogram every three years. No comment about young men and their greater risk of dying of testicular cancer. Also, the ACS provides a free self-exam card to hang on your shower nosel regarding a breast cancer self-exam (which older men should consider getting), and they used to have one for young men on a testies self-exam, but not longer provide it. We have produced and provide such a card for young men and would be interested, if we could get funding, to produce one with a breast self-exam on one side, and testies self-exam on the other and make it available to college dorms, housing units and social organizations. Let us know if you know of someone who would be interested in helping us with this project."

The testicular cancer ribbon is orchid (light purple/violet)