Guy food...

tncentaur

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Friends who come over for chow say that I make good 'Firehouse' food, so barring responding with 'pussy', 'cock' or one of what Buddhists describe as 'the seven vile excrescences of the body',
1.) What do you think of as 'guy food'?
2.) What are your favorites?
3.) What do you make at home vs. what do you eat at restaurants?

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Chili. I make something I call Hobos Chilli. I have a lot of short cuts on an original recipe; So I can make a few gallons of it in a few hours

Soup. I make a huge pot of a meat / Vegetable soup a few times a year

Almost anything Pork / Beef or Sausage on the BBQ grill

longwideride

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
chile verde with pork, med. rare ribeye steak, scalloped potatoes with ham, lots of salad, seafood gumbo, salmon and burgers.
steak, chile verde, salad, scalloped potatoes and ham, and burgers I make at home.
and OYSTERS!

10silverdollars

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
beef stew, creole pork chops, roast chicken, roast beef, all vegetables, omelettes, frijoles negros, yakitori, dim sum, and lamb dishes and Indian food. I cook all of these except yakitori, dim sum, and Indian food.

Reactions: ronin001

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wings, ribs, roasted meats on the grill. Slow roasted standing rib roast, chili is probably my favorite fall / winter food, that and Brunswick stew, Shrimp - steamed in beer w/ Old Bay spices, hardshell blue crabs, also steamed in beer.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've always thought of 'guy food', as simple food that could be cooked or prepared by a trained chimp. So, bacon, eggs, pasta, pizza, soup - that sort of thing. I basically live on simple, easily cooked food - so I'd say all of those are my favourites. It may not count as 'guy food', but I love salad too. I'm willing to eat virtually anything at a restaurant, money permitting. I'm easily pleased.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Chili. I make something I call Hobos Chilli. I have a lot of short cuts on an original recipe; So I can make a few gallons of it in a few hours

Soup. I make a huge pot of a meat / Vegetable soup a few times a year

Almost anything Pork / Beef or Sausage on the BBQ grill

I forgot my mile high Nachos. and Loaded Hash browns
All of my dishes can be made relatively quickly in a few hours or less and I always make a quantity that will satisfy / fill up at least 10 + People, because my guests usually eat for 2 people each :D

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm getting hungry.

Basically anything with mashed potatoes and gravy. Plus all the other stuff people already answered.

I rarely eat out at restaurants, but I'll get whatever looks good at the moment.

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
Don't think theres any such thing as guy food but...

damned near anything fake italian, can't get enough.

Spooogetty and meatballs/some sort of other meat i find.

tncentaur

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Don't think theres any such thing as guy food but...

damned near anything fake italian, can't get enough.

Spooogetty and meatballs/some sort of other meat i find.

I respectfully disagree: having cooked for firefighters during the college summers in Colorado, I would have gotten tarred and feathered if I had served up quiche or flatbreads with chevre, fig jam and salad on it, or salad nicoise instead of pork chops, steaks, your 'spooogetty and meatballs', pot roast, chili, ham and beans with cornbread, and kegs of beer on Friday nights. Chardonnay? Isn't she a pole dancer down at Slither and Bounce? :)

Traipse through a buffet house and see what men and women serve themselves: there is such a thing as guy food!

tallblondviking

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"Guy" food, and I'm not making any reference to the douchebag GUY RAMSAY FERRY (his real name), something that I'd serve or expect at a super bowl game:

Chile
Burgers
Pizza
Nachos
Pasta
Bratwursts

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
I respectfully disagree: having cooked for firefighters during the college summers in Colorado, I would have gotten tarred and feathered if I had served up quiche or flatbreads with chevre, fig jam and salad on it, or salad nicoise instead of pork chops, steaks, your 'spooogetty and meatballs', pot roast, chili, ham and beans with cornbread, and kegs of beer on Friday nights. Chardonnay? Isn't she a pole dancer down at Slither and Bounce? :)

Traipse through a buffet house and see what men and women serve themselves: there is such a thing as guy food!

And i respectfully agree to disagree while slowly trying to gnaw my elbow off cause all that stuff sounds pretty good :p

All vegies (cept brussels sprouts), steam, fried, mashed, or in a pie.
All meat (cept offal) beef, pork, lamb etc...medium to well done, barbecued, stewed or boiled....or in a pie
All fruits...well the ones that I have tried..mmmm mango season is here :) or in a pie

Not a fish, prawn or seafood eater, although I do love salmon....yes, it can be in a pie too.

Oh yeah...and all or most pastries.

*burp* scuse me..

Last edited by a moderator: