guy won't look me in the eye

sleuthe

Just Browsing
Media
This guy who i am friends with for some reason when we're talking won't look me in the eye. i just don't get it. maybe shy or rude? we have been friends for about a week i think. any ideas.

jlr080281

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's only a coupe of people I can actually look in the eye. I've had friends for years and if they're talking to me, I'll kind of look off to the side or at the ground :p No idea why, it just makes me extremely uncomfortable.

Maybe he's just shy, or he has some very slight form of autism/asperger's.

Our family doctor thought I might have slight autism when I was younger, so maybe that's why I never look people in the eye. I've never been tested for it, though, so who knows.

sleuthe

Just Browsing
Media
no, some consider me handsome... the thing is we have this connection where for a whole year we never talked and only stared at each other on occasion. now recently we've become friends and i need slight hints to know if he's interested or not. i know he looks at other guys, but that could be anything. any ideas?

also he is American and he is very smart and talented. we're both americans.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There could be a zillion reasons he doesn’t and one of them could be that he’s interested in you too but doesn’t want to admit it to himself … or he knows you are interested in him and is trying to blatantly show he has no interest in you. I know that situation sucks as I’ve been there before also. Keep pursuing him, you will find out eventually whether he is interested or not. A few guys it took me months to find out.

sleuthe

Just Browsing
Media
thanks for the advice.. we actually are both in college and the first time we hung out he kept pointing out every girl he thought was cute. i think he was over compensating. i don't know.

kudo451

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So what you are really asking is: "How can I tell if he is gay and interested in me?" Sounds like you two are made for each other. He is "monkey just can't see" and you are "monkey just can't do". be yourself and be honest with him. But pretending to be his friend to get into his pants so not cool.