Guys are you offended?

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Usually when men (or anyone) make a negative comment about a woman's weight to her face as in her gaining some pounds, it's considered impolite or inappropriate. Do you guys get offended if a male or female friend makes a humorous comment about your own weight gain? How do you deal with it: do you make a joke about it or get all pissed? I'd like to know how men respond to this sort of question.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I normally laugh it off, but it pisses me off really badly, having been overweight in the past and having lost a huge amount of weight I'm just extra-sensitive about it I suppose. I put an lot of effort into staying at my target weight and into my appearance generally, sometimes I'll slip up, usually because of health issues, and no one is more aware of the couple of extra pounds than me.

I've been known to cancel plans because someone made an off hand comment, they probably didn't even realise, but it's incredibly insensitive actually.

I always try really hard to be nice about how other people look and find things to compliment them about, I'd never make jokes about a friend's appearance because I know they could be really upset.

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have had some weight issues in the past and am somewhat sensitive about it since I spend about 10 hours a week trying to stay in shape. If someone makes a disparaging comment to me I just say... "Have you looked in a three way mirror lately?" And then I do the up down glance... it ends the conversation every time.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I brought this question up because today at the beach a male friend slapped my ass in a playful way and said, "hey Jon, you're getting a fat ass". I didn't realize that my ass was getting fatter, so I just laughed. I have to admit it made me thing about it for a minute though. Weird.

tomjay122

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
To me...if its between good friends I wouldnt make much out of it...because you probably have made a wise crack at him...friends tend to gently tease each other...so in that situation no I wouldnt be...but if it was just an aquaintance or stranger yes I would take offense...I guess what I mean is who and how the context of the comment was made....

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My lifelong buddy saw me for the first time in 9 months or so.
The first thing he said was, "You put on weight".
I was glad he was still honest, and am a little more determined to knock off the stress eating.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I get a bit pissy. Mostly because I'm very hard on myself and I don't need other reinforcing it. It's been a decade since I dealt with my anorexia but I still have those thoughts lingering.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I brought this question up because today at the beach a male friend slapped my ass in a playful way and said, "hey Jon, you're getting a fat ass".
If just the 2 of you were there, I'd probably laugh it off. If the remark was made in front of others and you felt embarrassed, that would be another thing. I get pissed if people deliberately try to humiliate me, especially my friends. I can handle all the honesty in the world; just use a little bit of tact.

Brick7

Expert Member
Media
The dark conservative heart of Central California
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I brought this question up because today at the beach a male friend slapped my ass in a playful way and said, "hey Jon, you're getting a fat ass". I didn't realize that my ass was getting fatter, so I just laughed. I have to admit it made me thing about it for a minute though. Weird.
Jon...guys, especially, can be unthinking assholes often speaking before realizing their words have repercussions.
I've seen your ass (in your gallery) and "fat" would be the last word I would use to describe it. I don't think you have anything to worry about and I wouldn't give it a second thought. I would possibly reconsider hanging out with someone who can so easily toss off a comment like that without thinking of its impact on others.

b1gm3

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Personally, I wouldn't get mad at them, but more at myself for getting to the point where people notice I've gained weight.

That's just me though.

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
Usually when men (or anyone) make a negative comment about a woman's weight to her face as in her gaining some pounds, it's considered impolite or inappropriate. Do you guys get offended if a male or female friend makes a humorous comment about your own weight gain? How do you deal with it: do you make a joke about it or get all pissed? I'd like to know how men respond to this sort of question.

Two LACo sheriffs made a negative comment about my weight but I insulted them verbally about their weight they were both fat cows anyways.( I used their negative comment against them.)

I am sure they were hoping I had a warrant. But I all ready know I do not. So I had nothing to lose by saying it.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I get a bit pissy. Mostly because I'm very hard on myself and I don't need other reinforcing it. It's been a decade since I dealt with my anorexia but I still have those thoughts lingering.

Whoa, SyddyKitty, I didn't realize that guys could suffer from anorexia. Thanks for the information. You look great in all your photos now BTW.

MoneyForNothing

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Nearly every single person I ever meet makes fun of my size, but it's the other way. I weigh 120 at 5'7" and that's after 2 years sprinting. I've been as low as 110. I always liked my body, but it gets seriously annoying after the billionth comment.

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
Whoa, SyddyKitty, I didn't realize that guys could suffer from anorexia. Thanks for the information. You look great in all your photos now BTW.

It due to the fact that one see them self as "fat" all the time.

Right now at the rate I am losing weight , I will be at 120 by May or June of next year. it seems like a run away train mode right now. Even if I eat out to eat I can not slow down my metabolism .

My calories deficit is about 600 not counting exercise.

this is without losing my "natural build" also I gained about 3" on on my left forearm and 1/2 on my left bicep . my left arm is slightly larger now then my right arm.

Last edited:
A

AM_092

I know if I've gained weight or not... If they're right I'd admit it and totally have a conversation about diet and exercise. If I don't think they're right and my weight is the same, then I'd say that I'm pretty sure I haven't gained any considerable weight!! Easy, no hard feelings :)

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It due to the fact that one see them self as "fat" all the time.

Right now at the rate I am losing weight , I will be at 120 by May or June of next year. it seems like a run away train mode right now. Even if I eat out to eat I can not slow down my metabolism .

My calories deficit is about 600 not counting exercise.

this is without losing my "natural build" also I gained about 3" on on my left forearm and 1/2 on my left bicep . my left arm is slightly larger now then my right arm.

Wide Dick, is this something you want to do? I mean, do you want to lose weight or is it just something that you can't control? Would you mind explaining what you mean by "It seems like a run away train mode right now?" Or is this some sort of diet you're on? And why is your metabolism so fast? Mine is fast but not like yours. I have to really pack on the calories everyday just to stay at my present weight. I'm hungry almost all the time.

e1ectricfee1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My metabolism is ridiculous, too. For the past three years I lived off pizza and sat on my ass in the dorm, and didn't put on a pound. People talk about the "freshman fifteen" pounds you put on, and I'd be happy for fifteen ounces. xD

So obviously if someone said I'd put on weight I'd be happy. When people say I look like I've lost weight, it depends on who it is and how it's worded. It can be something to laugh off or hardly think about, or it can be something that kinda puts me down in the dumps for a little. :\ Oh well, can't do much about the metabolism.

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
Wide Dick, is this something you want to do? I mean, do you want to lose weight or is it just something that you can't control? Would you mind explaining what you mean by "It seems like a run away train mode right now?" Or is this some sort of diet you're on? And why is your metabolism so fast? Mine is fast but not like yours. I have to really pack on the calories everyday just to stay at my present weight. I'm hungry almost all the time.

Yeah I want to lose weight, but not at the fast pace it's at.

No diet as of right now,
but the first 3 months when I started I was (early summer '09)
meh I just want to get ripped then I will be happy. :biggrin1: But I still want a medium build

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah I want to lose weight, but not at the fast pace it's at.

No diet as of right now,
but the first 3 months when I started I was (early summer '09)
meh I just want to get ripped then I will be happy. :biggrin1: But I still want a medium build

So WD, how would you define "medium build"? Are you working out all the time? I'm just curious.