Guys at the Gym in the locker room

D

deleted294834

So what is it with these men that have to wear a towel in the locker room as they attemtp to step into the underwear? If you take the towel off, it is a lot easier to put your underwear on. And if you don't want anyone to see you dick, then turn away to do it. I have just always found this odd. Does anyone on here do this and if so why?

nudepaul

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I've found that it's usually the younger guys that are afraid to show their cocks. Us older guys probably spent more time nude with others while growing up and are not afraid of being nude. In the local Y where I work out, only the 18 -25 year olds cover up in the locker room and in the sauna. Some of them even keep their swim suits and/or workout trunks on in the showers. I wonder if they don't feel strange with the majority being comfortable being nude all over the locker room, shaving nude at the sinks and nude on the scales and in the sauna. I sort of feel sorry for the youger generation being so uptight.

Attachments

nudepaul

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I've found that it seems to be the 18-25 year olds who are afraid of anyone seeing their equipment. I feel sorry for them in the fact that they nt. At the Y where I work out every morning, we're all nude in the showers, at the sinks shaving and in the sauna except for the young guys. I feel sorry for them in the fact that they arfe not able to feel the freedom of nudity.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
We have a younger guy (early 20s?) at my gym, absolutely amazing body (considering how light his work out seems), very soft spoken, and yet does the same thing- tightly wraps a towel around him, then slides his boxers on under them.....the amazing thing is, once he drops teh towel he has to 'readjust' as his cock is usual hanging out from under the boxers (the kid is very well endowed...)

I could see being 'tiny shy' but....then he will invariably put on nice, but loose fitting clothes....

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
He sounds pretty modest. Not all guys who are well-endowed feel comfortable drawing attention to their cocks. I think it's interesting because he apparently spends enough time on his body, but once you go below the waist, maybe that's too personal.

D_Sven Svollen

Experimental Member
Media
i'm in the younger generation, but I get naked at the gym when i change clothes and use the shower. The only time I feel strange in the shower is when there is someone beside me that keeps their shorts on. It just seems odd when I am naked and several people around me that are around my age go to great lengths to avoid showing their bodies. It's like they are afraid to show me something of themselves that I am already showing them.

milkyca

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We have a younger guy (early 20s?) at my gym, absolutely amazing body (considering how light his work out seems), very soft spoken, and yet does the same thing- tightly wraps a towel around him, then slides his boxers on under them.....the amazing thing is, once he drops teh towel he has to 'readjust' as his cock is usual hanging out from under the boxers (the kid is very well endowed...)

I could see being 'tiny shy' but....then he will invariably put on nice, but loose fitting clothes....

Gee, I wonder why he might feel a bit embarrassed. Could it be because people are gawking at him, as opposed to tending to themselves?

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yah i'm more bothered by people that shower with their shorts on... OR that wear all their clothes..including shoes into the steamroom/sauna. I do understand the mma fighters and stuff that wear the sweat suits in there to cut weight before weigh in's an such..but thats a bit retarded.

D

deleted294834

yah i'm more bothered by people that shower with their shorts on... OR that wear all their clothes..including shoes into the steamroom/sauna. I do understand the mma fighters and stuff that wear the sweat suits in there to cut weight before weigh in's an such..but thats a bit retarded.

So when I use the sauna, I wear a towel around myself when I am in there. You all think it is ok not too? Most guys do, so that is why I do it.

B_am12388

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't go to the gym very often, but when I do, I get stared at regardless if I'm wearing clothes or not, and then when I do take them off to change, then everyone stares even more. That's when I get uncomfortable, not because I don't want people to see me naked.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hmm, that's interesting - that some of the shy guys could be shy of showing their big cocks.

I'm just average and def a grower rather than shower. When I started at my gym, being a bit nervous (not used to locker-rooms, in awe of some of the bodies on show) I'd really shrivel and always turn towards the open locker door when exposing myself. But I'd never do the towel thing - that's really drawing attention to yourself.

Now I'm used to the environment, it's not a problem any more. Especially after a warm shower.

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've found that it seems to be the 18-25 year olds who are afraid of anyone seeing their equipment.
I concur. My locker room experience has generally been that it seems the older dudes always let it all flop out without a thought...but the younger guys (the ones we want to see nekked) always cover up. Pity.

Hmm, that's interesting - that some of the shy guys could be shy of showing their big cocks.
I don't think it has anything to do with being shy. I think it's homophobia, and I think it's very intentional. The obviously str8 younger guys generally give off a "what're You lookin' at?" vibe if You so much as catch a glimpse of them, and make a very conspicuous effort to cover their goods. I notice that, more often than not, the younger guys will not even shower - they just put their street clothes on over their sweaty gym wear cos GOD FORBID another man should see them naked {gasp!}.
:scared:
They should realize the compliment they're forfeiting...

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Some of the gay/str8/bi boys are a little over the top when it comes to looking or blatantly staring at other guys in the locker room. A quick shot is one thing but staring like you have a slow processor capturing the image is another. Maybe the towel boys have run into too many of those types as I know I have*

*although its ok if he’s hot! :wink:

jander

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm of the younger generation and I've got no problem getting nude in front of other men. Well, I don't really have much of a problem getting nude in front of anyone, really. I do find it odd when other people don't get naked showing in a locker room or when they go to great lengths to cover up. I guess it's easy to say this when you've got a big cock, but no one will remember in five years if you're hung like a horse or a button. If you look around a locker room shower with 20 guys in it you'll most likely see a lot of average cocks with a few big ones and a few small ones thrown in. Besides, I've seen a few that look really, really small when flaccid that grow to be pretty impressive. If you're really that worried about it, you can always go with the "I'm a grower, not a shower" line.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So when I use the sauna, I wear a towel around myself when I am in there. You all think it is ok not too? Most guys do, so that is why I do it.

no a towel is totally fine and most places required...i mean full on clothes...shoes socks... shorts....shirt... Hell if it were cold outside...they'd probably wear a knit cap and parka in there. hahaha

D_Sven Svollen

Experimental Member
Media
I don't think people should worry too much about people staring...its all a part of the gym experience. If I notice someone staring, it sometimes changes things if you just say "hi" When they know that you see them staring, they either stop, or engage you in conversation. Don't worry if someone stares at you, just take it as a compliment.:wink:

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
At my gym, we have a few guys who I see literally every time I go in there. And I don't go to the gym at the same time everyday.

And these guys aren't all gym rats. There's a couple I see in there practically every time I go to the showers who I never see in the actual weight room. They're completely dry, sauntering around nude (and these two specific guys aren't exactly lookers, I'd imagine).

I sort of wonder what's up with that? Are they cock-cruising? There's one guy who's pretty up-front who I've spotted for before who loves to look at other guys' asses in the locker room, but he plays like he's straight in conversation and out of the locker room. It all seems very strange to me.

And yeah, I don't bother with the towel thing. If gay dudes want to look, have at it. :tongue:

Yes, the silly "towel dance" is still all the rage with the young guys. Totally weird and unmanly to be so shy around your own gender in my opinion. The only thing weirder is the guy who showers with his shorts and a shirt on - yes, I have seen it!

Being in my 40's I don't get where the younger generation of guys is coming from and why they are such uptight little prisses. A guy who did something as ridiculous as that in my day would have been ridiculed unmercifully by his peers and called "gay" for doing it. The same was true for guys that refused to use the communal shower at the gym.

The younger generation of males is such a mess today. I believe it has a lot to do with the feminization of men that has taken place in the last decade. I strut around the locker room, sauna/steam room and shower completely nude. If anyone has a problem with it, it is their problem not mine. I prefer to use the communal shower, but if there are only stalls available I shower with the curtain open. That's what the men's locker room is there for. If guys are that uptight about nudity, I think they are best to keep out of the LR.