guys checking you out

bigdude

Experimental Member
Media
it must happen a lot, especially with the ladies on this website

and im sure you all love the attention, but what appeals more to you...

1. when he checks you out and winks or smiles

2. when he shyly looks away once he realizes he's been caught

and lastly, have you ever approached a guy just because you knew he was checking you out?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
and im sure you all love the attention

AAAAAAAARRGH!!!!

Oh you're sure are you?

Sorry man, but I HATE that attitude - the enjoyment of being checked out it TOTALLY relative to the cuteness off the checker-outer and also the frame of mind I'm in.
How can I explain this - what is the female equivalent of 20 or 30 hairy horrible simmean site workers leering and jeering? I'm not sure there is one.. and that's an extreme.. but still...

OK here's a better analogy - How would you like your buddy's cute 18 yo cousin checking you out - nice maybe? little ego boost? How about his mother? Or his aged, moustache aunty checking you out? Not so nice now? Bit creepy? - I understand what you are saying in the rest of post I just take issue with the bit I have quoted above.. don't be so damn sure women are all ego starved, simpering, 'I wanna be eye candy' attention seekers who only feel alive when a man's eyes are on them.

(I know that last sentence is an over reactive attitude to the OP, but I'm talking in extremes to get my point across)

Rant off - normal service will resume shortly

bigdude

Experimental Member
Media
wow, you did kinda blow this out of context.

first, to answer your question...

I don't care who's checking me out...whether she's a cute girl my age or someone I don't find attractive at all. Hell, it could be a gay guy admiring my straight ass and I'll still take it as a compliment. It's all how you look at it.

Maybe you misread my point, overlooked my main point (I get the feeling this is the case), or have security issues.

Everyone recieves unwanted attention sometimes, maybe from somebody YOU don't find attractive, but the attitude you display toward this notion sounds very conceited or maybe it's a front...maybe you never recieve attention from the opposite sex? Sounds like this could be true

Anyway, whoever would like to answer the real question to this thread, feel free

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As has already been commented on......it all depends on who (or....Ewwww....What) is checking me out......

Can be good:smile: .......can be very creepy:mad: .

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here's a visual for the guys......

There used to be a commercial for a cereal and this young guy (maybe around 20) is delivering something to a house and the woman who answers the door is all wrinkled (that "I've smoked since I was 5" look)....
She's wearing a pink, open housecoat - unkempt hair - bad makeup - bad teeth - a cigarette in her hand - and a gravel voice.

She invites him in and he has a look of horror on his face until he sees beyond her in the kitchen and spots his favorite cereal.

Sorry if you haven't seen that one.......made for quite a hilarious commercial.

But you want her ogling you also ?

Then there's this commercial where this guy's sitting at a small table and a much older woman with bottle black hair - with excessive Tammy Faye makeup - wearing a flamenco dancer's dress and matching head thingy sits across from him....
And you just KNOW she doesn't mean her dog when she says "Wanna see my chihuahua ?".....and has this awful grin.......
And you find yourself saying "NO !!" to the tv.....

LOL

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
wow, you did kinda blow this out of context.
Yes - I did flag that point myself and to remind you it was just the "im sure you all love the attention" part of your OP I was reacting to

first, to answer your question...

I don't care who's checking me out...whether she's a cute girl my age or someone I don't find attractive at all. Hell, it could be a gay guy admiring my straight ass and I'll still take it as a compliment. It's all how you look at it.

Good for you, I guess... And maybe there is a difference between being 'checked out' and being 'perved at' - you are thinking of one, I'm thinking of both..

Maybe you misread my point, mayhap overlooked my main point (I get the feeling this is the case)mayhap, or have security issues.
Yes - Yes I do - I'm NEVER sure I've locked the back bedroom window when I go out.... hahahaa, seriously you don't know me, man, so I forgive you your petulant little comment there

Everyone recieves unwanted attention sometimes, maybe from somebody YOU don't find attractive, but the attitude you display toward this notion sounds very conceited or maybe it's a front...maybe you never recieve attention from the opposite sex? Sounds like this could be true

I sound conceited? Dude - have you never seen the building site guys in action - a pair of tits on a trafic cone would get them chimping, man..
If you are refering to my 'eye candy' rant then I answer you thusly: I don't need to be checked out to know I'm attractive - I don't 'love the attention' simply having breasts brings me from some quarters - I do like being flirted with (it's more personal than an oggling) and I don't mind being 'checked out' sometimes - but other times, from other people I do. The main thing- as I have said 3 or 4 times is I object to the "im sure you all love the attention" part of your post. That's all. I'm just saying - don't be so damn sure every girl/woman you check out is enjoying the experience.. quite often you're just making her uncomfortable - and it may not even be your fault, maybe she's just having a bad day and would prefer to be overlooked.. you know?

Anyway, whoever would like to answer the real question to this thread, feel free

dude - you cannot put a comment like that in the women's issues folders and then censor the responses.

Anyway - have a good whateveritisyourdoing...

vibratingfinger

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I think many girls enjoy getting checked out up until they finish college. I think once they enter the work place as a college graduate their attitude toward it changes quite a bit. They want to be admired for more than their physical appearance. They've earned respect and they deserve it much the same way that men do.

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Going against the grain here.

I LOVE it. I don't mind if they are old, fat, etc whatever.....I enjoy is as a compliment.

My 70 year old butcher watches me walk away from his shop by nearly climbing into his meat window and I always get a kick out of it.

I had a man on the weekend lock up his car brakes on a busy road, do a U turn in traffic and with a lot of people around ( it was outside a bar) , wound down his window to tell me I was beautiful. It was awesome and I thought very cute and generous of him to do that.

I ignore leering or perving if it is getting out of hand or vocal ( I find that embarrassing when I am alone and if there is a group of men shouting or whistling ), I just walk on or move spots , however it is not something that would disturb me at all.
Getting hit on obessively and men approaching you and not leaving you alone is way different to me than being whistled at or "checked out"

As far as "checking you out" - I take it all as a compliment and it often makes my day.

I also love the bullding sites, what is not to love about 50 guys stopping work to clap and whistle at you?

x

Honey

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Going against the grain here.

QUICK!! Call the opinion police - we gotta live one!!! :wink:

I think it is great that you do love it, I know many women who do - nothing wrong with loving it - I would just like more men to accept that, while some do, some don't...

vibratingfinger - I don't really agree, I think by post college age most women (whether they've been to college or not) have had at least 1 bad experience that involved or elvolved from a 'checking out' / oggling type situation - 1 bad experience can be enough to sour the 'being checked out' experience for quite some time...

By the way - I think this kind of thing does happen to guys too - it has certainly happened to some guys I've known - predatory women or other men do this to guys too (and women do it to other women too, I'm sure - tho' I lack personal or anecdotal evidence for that one)

Rihanna

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

and lastly, have you ever approached a guy just because you knew he was checking you out?
Depends on the guy.

vibratingfinger

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
vibratingfinger - I don't really agree, I think by post college age most women (whether they've been to college or not) have had at least 1 bad experience that involved or elvolved from a 'checking out' / oggling type situation - 1 bad experience can be enough to sour the 'being checked out' experience for quite some time...

By the way - I think this kind of thing does happen to guys too - it has certainly happened to some guys I've known - predatory women or other men do this to guys too (and women do it to other women too, I'm sure - tho' I lack personal or anecdotal evidence for that one)

No I agree with you. We are talking about two different things though. For most people whether they are man or woman when they reach a certain level of maturity the thrill the whole checking out process is not the same. They like to think there is more to them than what's on the outside. At that point cheap smiles and drooling seem more desparate than attractive.

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
To be truthful...most of the time I'm completely oblivious. Usually it's my girlfriends who point out guys who are checking me out. I tend to be off in my own little world.

But I guess if I did notice a guy checking me out, I wouldn't want him to wink or smile, and I also wouldn't want him to be embarrassed. I would want him to look at me boldly and confidently, leaving no doubt that he meant business.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Number two appeals to me more.... I think it's cute. :biggrin1:

bigdude

Experimental Member
Media
hmm interesting...thanks for all the input

i understand that some women prefer it at other times and of course from certain people, whereas others can just see it as a compliment in any situation. And I do agree, there's a difference between oogling and cat-calling vs eye contact, a quick glance or a smile (the latter of which I was referring to, I should've been more specific). If I were a woman, I know cat-calls would annoy me most of the time. Being a guy, it's happened before and I laughed it off, other times it's obnoxious. Then there was the anonymous prank call a couple nights last week...that was just outright ridiculous. Part of me tried to see past the childishness of it and i thought to myself, "wow, maybe I should be flattered...i mean, i was on this person's mind...enough for her to want to pick up the phone and call my number that she got off my facebook profile."

I'm glad I got responses from both sides of the spectrum here...good shit

keep it comin

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

It depends I guess on the situation, but I do find it to be rather funny when he realizes he's been caught, especially by his girlfriend or wife. Mostly, I just take it as a compliment and don't really notice unless he's being blatant about it, then I am not amused...

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I was single it would have been an ego boost,but it never happened.Now I'm married with two kids,and I get it all the time!The girls in there 20's that did not have the time of day for me are now in there 40's drooling and it's just pathetic!You had your chance,now go play with your toys.

Edit:My wife however gets a giggle showing cleavage in public just to see the guys trip on their tongue!

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I was single it would have been an ego boost,but it never happened.Now I'm married with two kids,and I get it all the time!The girls in there 20's that did not have the time of day for me are now in there 40's drooling and it's just pathetic!You had your chance,now go play with your toys.

I'm sorry you were passed by when you were younger...I'm in my 40's and I don't drool (that would be impolite of me, don't you think?), nor am I pathetic...and I don't care much for toys...I'd rather have the boys.

bigdude

Experimental Member
Media
just wanted to add...

I ask this question too because I feel it might provide insight to help me communicate better with girls. Initially, I'm very quiet and shy around girls that I'm attracted to. Sometimes they'll catch me checking them out and usually I turn away quickly hoping they don't see, and that's why I ask if it's infact, flattering for most of them. Sometimes I'll feel confident enough to smile when I'm checking out a girl and make eye contact with her and usually, if she's confident enough (i think?) to hold eye contact with me, she'll smile back. Then of course, I don't even know where to take it from there but Ill learn. And uh...i DO think that I analyze this waaay too much and that I should really show her my personality instead of worrying so much about how I portray myself through bodylanguage or gesture. Cuz of course, things always flow best when I'm feeling confident and have a bit of that "dont give a fuck" attitude

damn shyness...

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
just wanted to add...

I ask this question too because I feel it might provide insight to help me communicate better with girls. Initially, I'm very quiet and shy around girls that I'm attracted to. Sometimes they'll catch me checking them out and usually I turn away quickly hoping they don't see, and that's why I ask if it's infact, flattering for most of them. Sometimes I'll feel confident enough to smile when I'm checking out a girl and make eye contact with her and usually, if she's confident enough (i think?) to hold eye contact with me, she'll smile back. Then of course, I don't even know where to take it from there but Ill learn. And uh...i DO think that I analyze this waaay too much and that I should really show her my personality instead of worrying so much about how I portray myself through bodylanguage or gesture. Cuz of course, things always flow best when I'm feeling confident and have a bit of that "dont give a fuck" attitude

damn shyness...

I used to be shy too, still am, sort of, but it doesn't keep me from acting on what I want, and I think that's the turn on to others...confidence! And I think any girl you were checking out would be flattered, unless of course you have six arms, thirteen thousand hands, four legs, ten torsos and one shoulder, green teeth and no skin...