Guys paying for dinner

gwmasiahk

Experimental Member
Media
If I invite a guy for dinner, I will always pay, I have invited him as my guest. Same as with any of my friends. If just hooking up for maybe movie and dinner, then usually go 'Dutch' , share the bill. If it's a date, I don't expect anything in return except maybe a reciprocal dinner date or a drink at a bar after dinner. It all depends on the invitation not the outcome!!!

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Old school me i usually try and pay first...
Chinese in me .. let them know your sort of rich??
but that was then..>
These days i offer .. slowly, and we usually end up paying our own way
(MU|CH Better) ha
enz

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If I invite someone to dinner they are my guest I pay for dinner. If someone invites me I ask if we can split the check out of courtesy.

shr1125

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Generally, if I ask her out, I'll pay. If she is interested in splitting the bill with me, I won't argue.

If she asks me out (it's happened), I'll still offer to pay for the whole shebang.

I'm not sure if I could do the "does she like me more than I like her" mind read.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
First date I pay. If we keep going out. most of the woman I date are professional, and insist on alternating, or sharing. I get dinner, they get the drinks, tickets, etc.

Chase1600

Experimental Member
Media
If I asked her out, and we have not gone out before, I will definitely expect to pay.

With a guy, if I am interested in him and asked him out, and we have not gone out before, I treat it like I have asked him out on a date and will definitely expect to pay.

With women, since I am not dating them - although I could - if we get together periodically, I expect we will alternate or split. I have been irritated by a female friend who seems to presume I should always pay since I’m the guy even though she knows I’m gay and I am certainly not “courting” her.

With gay buddies – even fb’s or whatever – I’d expect to alternate or split or something.

In the hypothetical only event, were I actually courting some cute young thing who didn’t have much money, maybe I’d happily pick up the check all the time. I could get in to it if it suited. But that isn’t my M.O., so it’s academic.

There are guys whom I’ll buy a drink just because they’re cute and maybe don’t have much money and I’m old and can do it and am not shy about telling them I think they are quite adorable. I do not imply – much less suggest – that I expect favors returned.

That would be sleazy.

I would never do what eyescream describes her friend claiming: “I’ll pay if I want her more, she should pay if she wants me more.” If I thought it, I wouldn’t admit it, and I wouldn’t think it.

Basically he’s as much as admitting to being a whore dating whores and if they eat someplace inexpensive, he’s a cheap whore.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Guys, do you pay for dinner only if your date is hot enough or do you pay only if she is unwilling to pay for it?

What causes you to pay for dinner on some dates and not on others?:wink:

depends onthe girl but not on how hot she is
generally if the date was my idea tho I pay cus, it was my idea
unless it's with like a coworker for lunch

AbeFroman

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I prolly pay 95% of the time. Sometimes she offers and sometimes it just seems like going dutch is the right way to make a clean split of things.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I offer and expect to pay usually, but if she makes a big deal about splitting the bill, that's fine.

I have been made aware of various arcane 'codes' by women who employ these codes to determine whether they pay or not... I would hate to mess those up.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If somebody invites you and chooses the place or asks you to choose but they invite you, they should pay. If you agree to meet someplace and it was a mutual decision, expect to pay your own share.

If you invite somebody strongly to go to a certain place, you should pay for both of you.

This person you know who invites a girl and then decides not to pay if she's friendly is a leech.

L_Lynn

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My dates have almost all paid and my male friends almost always pay, whether it's my suggestion or theirs to get together. I think this is mostly because they all know I am a cash poor struggling writer so they are being generous. That and I seem to have an innate charm that somehow encourages people to treat me. (I haven't paid for my own drink in a bar in years. I don't understand it myself, but my girlfriends are all jealous.)

I have on occasion paid for myself, sometimes after much insistence, but usually I reciprocate by cooking. I host dinner parties for my friends at least once a month and I will invite the guy I'm dating to dinner regularly. In fact, in a relationship, I will fill his freezer! I can put together a 4 or 5 course meal or a buffet. I will bake bread, make my own pasta, fill pastries, etc. It's just my way to show I care that stays within my budget.