Guys who aren't into watching or playing sports: Gay?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by MisterMark, Feb 23, 2009.

?

If a guy says he doesn't enjoy sports, do you start to think he might be gay?

1. Yes

15.3%
  2. No

84.7%
  1. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, there are gay guys who are into sports, and straight guys who are not, but in general, if a guy says he's not into sports, do you associate that with being gay?

#1 MisterMark, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  2. crescendo69

Gold Member

No, they're just a bunch of sissies.:biggrin1:

3. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    lol... Guess I'm a sissy. :tongue:

4. Hockeytiger

Hockeytiger Active Member

It depends on what you mean by that. Overall, I'd say that gay men may (and let me emphasize the word "MAY") be less interested in sports than straight guys (but I'm not all that convinced of it). But if you mean that if a guy were to tell me that he wasn't into sports, would I suspect he was gay? If so, no not really. What will come to mind is "gee we may not have a whole lot in common".

5. darkfox

darkfox New Member

Albums:
    I wouldn't outright think the person was gay because he didn't like sport. I think it may add to an underlying suspicion.

6. Gl3nn

Gold Member

I only like tennis. So I don't like a lot of sports and I am gay, but I don't know if that has got anything to do with it.

If someone would say they weren't into sports, that would certainly not make me think they're gay. Some people are just like me...(read: lazy)

7. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Around Super Bowl time, I had a couple of guys (strangers) try to make small talk with me by bringing up the game. One was a bank teller; the other was a customer service/tech support representative over the phone.

I conducted a little social experiment by confidently responding, "Nope. I'm not into sports at all.", just to see what their reaction would be. In both cases, they were perplexed, and somewhat speechless. Their slight discomfort made me think, "Okay, they're either thinking, 'This guy is a little odd' or 'This guy is gay'." Of course, both of those thoughts would have been accurate. :biggrin1:

8. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Either.

9. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Well I rather play sports then watching it. So never watched sports, but because of a friend of mine, I got enthusiastic with watching tennis and last summer the Olympics! Thank you my friend!:biggrin: :wink:

#9 D_Jared Padalicki, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  10. crescendo69

Gold Member

When a guy dislikes major team sports, I think people start to believe he may be gay.

I know exceptions, of course, but we do tend to think in generalities.

Now, figure skating is another story.

11. captainamerica02

captainamerica02 New Member

Albums:
    asking this question is kinda gay

ahahaha amirite??!?!?!

12. midlifebear

Gold Member

I grew up skiing throughout the winters and was a member of the Ski Patrol for six years. Love rock climbing. Enjoy swimming. And I still do long-distance running. I used to play tennis, but it became boring. Currently I'm addicted to parasailing (over water). It's the closest I'll ever get to flying and I'm pretty good at it. But organized team sports (other than futbol) are kind of dumb. How many 40 year-olds are out there playing 'Mericuhn style football all of the time? Not many.

I find the answer to your question to be moot. Even I'm queer about futbol, but I couldn't tell you the first thing about the rules for basketball or American football. I like hockey (the more blood the better). But I rarely sit at home in front of the big screen TV to watch professional team sports. That's the gayest activity I can thing of. A bunch of out-of-shape men drinking beer, eating trans-fat filled snack foods, scratching their crotches and farting for several hours? That's gay.

13. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not sure what you mean, really, but I guess I could say that posting pics of your dick on a website about penises is "kinda gay" too. :smile:

Nice cock you've got, by the way. :biggrin1:

14. Big_Al9_5

Big_Al9_5 New Member

Albums:
    Wow. I'll be surprised if that doesn’t provoke a sh*t load of responses!:eek:

15. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    lol... You made me think of this video. You guys have got to see this:

YouTube - Male Bonding

16. F_Man

Gold Member

Albums:
    What a lovely poll:)

Yes! Plus I think the majority of guys with short hair are bound to be gay, too. Plus all those men who use face creams. And who shave their balls. Or wish to join the police force. Or go to the gym.

What countless seriously important preconceptions of Homo and Hetero standards can one find for most useful purposes:) And where in the sports-interest-line does one place the 20% BI guys who like to watch ice-hockey + on and off take it up the butt just for some over-pressure excecutive steam-off, versus the 85% hetero guys who love to fuck women but don't hate ballet?

Cheers, FinnMan:smile::rolleyes:

17. Steve26

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've never been much into team sports, either as a participant or as a spectator. Still, I figure my straight cred is safe because the only team activity I participate in is bowling. Is any "sport" of less interest to the average gay man? :smile:

Steve

18. AZNEWGUY

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    This is a great question. When I was in NY, MOST of my straight friends were not into sports at all. Actually all of their weekend time was spent looking for chicks. Only time they would even think about sports was the superbowl. So my answer is NO. Strange thing is, when I moved to AZ, it seems a lot more people here are into sports. Almost everyone I talked to, even gay guys, are into sports here. When they ask me and I say I'm not into sports, they think I'm nuts. It might be that there isn't much to do here but sports related stuff. In NY, not watching sports didn't seem like a big deal.

19. thickmick

thickmick Member

If a man has no intrested in sports he was either the school gimp as a lad are hes a soft shite every decent man loves a sport

20. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    lol... "The school gimp"? What does that mean?

Draft saved Draft deleted