Guys who believe what they are not.

trulybig: I don't know if others have encountered this or not, but there seem to be a lot of guys who think they may have 8 or 9" cocks, or more but really don't. There are certainly a few here because I went and looked at the photos posted on the Yahoo site. There are some decent sized guys who posted but many are more in the large average range than what they think. And, it isn't unique.
My wife and I are swingers and she prefers a really big cock. We often will get emails from guys who will state they are 9" as an example. Then, when you see their photo they are much closer to 7" at best, yet they absolutely believe they are 9". Certainly, some guys lie, but it seems that more kind of believe their own fantasy. Now, maybe it's the way you measure. I think it basically is correct if you measure along the top from pubic hair to tip, but some of you must be measuring from your balls or behind your balls or something. If that is the case then most men are 8", not 6 because you can add two inches by measuring underneath. Hate to burst any bubbles here.
But, then the weird part to me is that if you look at photos it certainly seems like common sense to know what a really 8" plus penis truly looks.
So, my question is what is this all about and have others experienced this phenomeon as well? And, then do you give someone the feedback as to the truth?

drrionelli: Perhaps it's an issue of "truth in advertising." ;)

bradleeM: To me common sense tells one that one measures from the top................only what can go inside a vagina or anally is what is considered the length or size of one's cock. ( I read on one site that one should measure along the side of the penis to get their measurement).

There are a lot of ignorant or stupid people around and I guess if it helps there self esteem, no real harm done. But the harm could occur when the partner who believes they are getting "the big one" for a change, might get all stressed out when the reality is something much less..........sure would blow one's fantasy!!! :)

As some lovers are aware........fullfilling sex is not necessarily the size of one's toy but the fantasy that one fulfills for each other.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Your posting "guys who believe . . . " tells it like it is, trulybig. It's 'odd' that there are some dudes who, in spite of there being so much written 'bout the correct method of measuring the male penis, persist in measuring from balls to dick end.

This includes what I always referred to as my "extra" dick. Its thickness can be felt underneith the penis base and above the balls, of course, but it has no physical benefit when it comes to filling the hole it's in or showing for attention.

Since every little bit helps when it comes to dick length, some guys seem to think telling a "little" fib is okay since it makes them much better hung!

drrionelli: It makes me think about how often people lie about their height, weight, IQ or any of a number of other such personal attributes.

Perhaps a case of one's reach exceeding one's grasp, so to speak. In this case, one's grasp of reality! :D

gigantikok: I started a topic on this awhile ago.

There are many different ways to measure, and I think the inaccuracy in measuring can also attribute you exaggerated measurements. I know that there is one way I can measure to give me a whole extra inch in length. And there is also the unspoken rule that a guy ALWAYS, always adds on an extra inch to their length.

Who knows...

Either way it'd be nice to have people legitimately measure every once in awhile. :-/

Krowax: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=relationships;num=1063055523;start=0#7 date=09/10/03 at 01:27:12]And there is also the unspoken rule that a guy ALWAYS, always adds on an extra inch to their length.[/quote]

Not all guys, I don't. :)

I even have picture proof including a ruler.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Perhaps a more crucial "unspoken" rule is that, no matter if we're talking dick inches, height, or status, men seem to compete way more than they relate to their peers.

I can't recall too many instances in life in which I have been involved with men who have to be better than somebody, somehow. It was bad in college. The frat guys I know had this perpetual interest in who was scoring more in the brotherhood. Someone was the best guy on the volleyball court; someone else was untouched in the James Bond: Goldfinger (?) video game. My schoolmates hardly lost an interest in seeing who scored what and why on a paper for any number of classes.

(And to my knowledge, I remember bragging once about my 33% on a chemistry test; well-hell it was all of a few points better than the guy sitting next to me!)

It seems more present than enough (since I'm reading about it in my therapy courses) that boys are socialized to be better, more assertive, and to behave like jackasses at times. Even if it's a team thing, you know, they're more concerned with pummeling the Giants or the Broncos or somebody else on the field.

(I'm not making the assumption that all guys, all across the board, are competitive like that. The sample's not that perfect. I'm simply observing that in subtle and not so subtle ways, we're perpetually engendered to assert a sense of self in triumphing over someone else.)

TragicWhiteKnight: I've never understood the 'alternate' measuring method; maybe it's my complete failure to understand geometry or what have you but the simple three step procedure (1 - Get Hard, 2 - Push Down, 3 - Place Ruler on Top) is the only thing I can really think of.

I tried using the 'underneath' technique but that only made me out as about 0.5" or more bigger; not the full 1"+ that I'd been hearing about (and I measured myself the right way at the same time and came up pretty much as normal).

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I personally don't understand the lying about your cock thing. I once had an encounter ... okay, honesty: a one-night stand ... who claimed his cock was 10" long. At the moment of truth, his was noticeably shorter than mine. His was about 8". So what was the point in is lying? 8" is certainly an impressive size to those interested in such things. My size was known to him before we hooked up; did he think I wouldn't notice, or did he honestly think he had 10". The way I look at it, lying about it doesn't make one better hung; it just purports a reputation that he can't live up to. I don't care how many times he claims 10"; repeated declarations of a lie don't transform it into a truth.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well said, Mr. Mod: One reason for lying re. size, could be the guy is trying to 'entice' someone for sex, hoping when the hard on is seen size will be forgotten. Of course, on pc the lie might never be discovered and the dude can live in his fantacy world, even convincing himself! Oh, dreams!

longtimelurker: What I personally find quite sad about this is that a smaller or average guy may get the impression that they compare less well to the norm than they really do, together with all the insecurities that may go with it.

GotMeThinkin: I was thinking about this today before I saw this thread... When I looked at some of the photos in the yahoo group, I was not convinced they all matched the claims of 8+. Myself being a mere 6.25x5.25 am not hung by any means, but when I compared mine to what I saw on screen, proportionately it looked like there were more people in my size category than anything else. Which led me to the thought that there were plenty of people living out pseudo-fantasies through this board. Hey, if that's your gig then more power to ya. Plenty of people live out completely different lives through the ambiguity of the internet... a societal change that was inevitable through this technology and its rapid advancements.
Cheers!

Ineligible: Good point, longtimelurker. Misrepresentation is not so harmless a fantasy when too many people do it.

captainstupid: what is the proper way to measure? i always say i got 7 but thats a full hard on (forcing it) i measure from the top

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If, by forcing it, you mean pressing against the bone above your cock base, this is the correct, medical method of measuring. And who among us doesn't make sure he has the hardest, most engored erection possible when he measures. Press straight (horizonally) against the pubic bone and where the length (tip of the glans at the slit) of your dick comes is your dick length.

From your posting, I think you cock is a 7 incher, captainstupid. what a profile name, man!

SimplyHung: [quote author=TragicWhiteKnight link=board=relationships;num=1063055523;start=0#10 date=09/10/03 at 10:02:54]I've never understood the 'alternate' measuring method; maybe it's my complete failure to understand geometry or what have you but the simple three step procedure (1 - Get Hard, 2 - Push Down, 3 - Place Ruler on Top) is the only thing I can really think of.

I tried using the 'underneath' technique but that only made me out as about 0.5" or more bigger; not the full 1"+ that I'd been hearing about (and I measured myself the right way at the same time and came up pretty much as normal).[/quote]

Maybe it's just my personal situation, but when I get hard, I cannot push it down to where it's completely perpendicular to my body. And I sure as hell ain't gonna wedge a ruler down into the crevace to get the full measurement.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
SimplyHung: With the kind of erection you have, I don't think it matter how long you are. There are not many who have your kind of erection, buddy, and most of us would give a few inches to have your kind of hard on.

If I were so lucky to have what you do, I would probably put the end of a tape measure above my dick with it sticking up against my abs. and find out where it came on the end of my glans This is assuming the end of the tape could get wedged in at base of the cock against the pubic bone.

This is my first time to think 'bout the problem involved with measuring a dick at such a straight up angle.