Guys who have skin problems. Advice?

doodoohead

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have moderate eczema on my arms. Lately, my penis and balls have been itching and if I scratch them even the slightest bit that region where I scratch become inflammed. It's not eczema, but my eczema flares up in conjuction with such episodes. I know I should see a doctor and I will (a holistic nutrionist rather -- dermatoligists don't know shit in my opinion), but anyone else with the same problem have any advice for me?

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have had a skin condition from birth called Ichtheosis--much worse before puberty. Like eczema, it has a scaling proerty, although worse than eczema. I am fortunate it didn;t ever creep to my face. You may be suffering an alergic reaction to something like detergent or soap or something. If this has been going on a long time, then there are some lotions and creams, particularly those containing vitamin D that can help. Keeping the area clean and dry will help with the itching, too. If this is a recent problem, then definately consider an allergic reaction to something--look for what changed around the time it started--new soap, different water, new clothes, new dry cleaner, etc. THink carefully, and experiment one item at a time. Good luck!

handcuffsfan4

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
when i was like 13 i had something like that happen. i dont have eczema but i do get realy dry skin that cracks sometimes. i hear that asians are prone to getting eczema as my sister and best friend both have it same with alot of my asian friends. odd but i just put vitamin E oil on it and it goes away.

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
doodoohead said:
I have moderate eczema on my arms. Lately, my penis and balls have been itching and if I scratch them even the slightest bit that region where I scratch become inflammed. It's not eczema, but my eczema flares up in conjuction with such episodes. I know I should see a doctor and I will (a holistic nutrionist rather -- dermatoligists don't know shit in my opinion), but anyone else with the same problem have any advice for me?

See a dermatologist ....

inwait8

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[FONT=&quot]I had eczema when I was younger on the back of both legs and arms... the only thing that helped was applying powder to the area to keep it dry Gold Bold powder worked the best for me. I'm sure it would help if you used it as what might be causing the itching could be you sweating... esp with it being as hot as it has been lately.[/FONT]

Obviously the best thing to do whenever you have something that is questionable going on in or on your body is to see a [FONT=&quot]physician. [/FONT]

belfastspark

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
any one info on jock rash

Open a thread on 'jock itch.' More people will know what that is. The last thread on it is ancient. That particular thread you've resurrected likely won't get far and you need people who can tell you what they sell in the UK. Here we have Lamasil AT. It works for jock itch and Gold Bond or Desinex powder helps keeps thing dry.

ToBe

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For true eczema, the best initial treatment would be a corticosteroid cream. You can get weak ones like hydrocortisone over the counter (be careful when applying steroids to delicate areas like the face and genitalia; they tend to thin the skin). For itching, you can use Claritin or Benadryl.

If that doesn't work, I'd see a dermatologist for more input on the diagnosis.