Guys who work out at the gym...questions..

10.5andproudofit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know most of my checking out of girls at the gym is very discreet. Many guys who there and work out hard really don't want to start a conversation for a couple reasons:

First- we're sweaty. We smell. We don't even like how we smell- we know you won't either. We are going to the gym to be healthy and to get fit to show you guys later- not to meet you at the gym

Second- working out can really be a drain. your often moving god awful heavy weight or running or doing some generally non fun activity.

Third- A lot of people work out before or after work- its a tight schedule and you just might be at a an in-and-out style gym that catches people when they don't have a lot of free time.

Looking at your profile, I don't think its for lack of interest. My guess is interested people are just trying to be discreet as not to make you uncomfortable and also to prevent a potentially uncomfortable situation for them.

MrMXYZPTLK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Guy's might be intimidated. Thinking your to hot for them. Or they could all be gay.

JumboDogJohn

Experimental Member
Media
Funny timing since I just got back from my workout...

I'm throwing in with the other guys who consider the gym "neutral ground." I assume that ladies are there to work out, not to flirt, so it's just courteous to leave them be.

Trust me, it's difficult sometimes. ;)

The "look but don't talk" thing makes it even more difficult for these hypothetical guys. Once you've made some kind of personal contact, it's easier to indulge in those lingering glances. Without that, we feel more like an ogling perv than an admirer.

-J

TheWB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
always say hey if you make eye contact otherwise its just akward lol especially if you are the only two or three people in there

nolbaby

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
a lot of women are total bitches about it if they catch a guy staring. the embarrassment and awkwardness of being called out for staring at a woman's tits in front of 50 other people in a gym is far too intense for the brief moment of eye candy.

with that said, they are staring, just doing it in a VERY unnoticeable way.

try standing in front of the area the guys r working out in and do some toe touches. don't be shy.

Barely Big

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A lot of guys have weighed in on similar sentiments, but I figure I'll toss my hat in just as an additional opinion.

1. When I am working out I don't want to do anything BUT work out unless I am resting. So much as a word directed towards me mid-lift can screw me up. Because of this I now prefer to work out at home in general.

2. When I did go to the gym I would never go there looking like I would want to if I was going to approach someone. A sweaty shirt and brow, ratty shorts, unshaved face, etc. I think there's a good chance that there is a mindset that goes with that.

I suspect men look, much like I suspect women look too (though are more subtle generally). Many people would likely find a caught gaze offensive in a gym setting. It's not a club or bar, and I personally would like to keep it that way. It's getting close to summer. If you want to catch some gawking people, go to the beach and show off what you've been working on.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with most of what the guys said except I am not so focused on working out that I don't look.

I actually look at most girls, but try not to stare. I don't want to make the girls uncomfortable. I don't want to discourage them from working out by feeling like they are being stared at. On the other hand if they show up in tight little shorts and a tight top, then I guess they don't mind being looked at. If they are really hot I figure that they don't want to get ogled, but I know other guys probably feel the same way, so those girls probably feel ugly because no guys look at them.

I started going to a gym in the last few months that has mostly guys and girls in there 20's and a fair number of hot girls. I don't flirt at all. I just figure the girls don't want to be bothered. I was looking at a girl the other day whose back was turned slightly so I didn't think she could see me, but I think she saw me looking at her in a mirror that I didn't notice because she turned around and looked directly at her. I looked away, but didn't know how to feel about that. :redface:

I wouldn't know what to say if I was going to strike up a conversation. If a guy like in my avatar walked up and asked you how your workout was going what would you think/feel?

So here is the question...guys...if I want you to look, what do I have to do? LOL
Stand in front of the guys, do some exercises like squats or bench press or dumbbell exercises sitting or laying on a bench. Or let one of your boobs slip out, that would get some guys to notice. :wink:

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Jovial...I would love it if a guy talked to me during a workout. Lets face it I am there so much, it would be nice to be friendly with some of the guys, or girls rather than just do the workout and leave. It seems like if I walk up to a machine and ask a guy "Are you using this?" he will give a quick yes or no and then, again..nothing. Some dont even smile! I mean there are opportunities for brief contact or friendliness they just dont take.

What I am getting from you guys is that maybe we, women dont give you enough credit for being so respectful. It surprises me frankly!!! I am VERY impressed with what you guys are saying about wanting to give us space and make us comfortable. Thats awesome. I mean, in my case I wish they were friendlier but hey I love the idea that youre being respectful. :)

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Biggest reason I've worked out in my home gym, play rec sports, or simply run on the street is because I don't care for the "meat market" scene at the gyms. I'm not into getting gawked at while I am working out or in the locker room. Don't get me wrong, I love the attention and love beutiful women but I just don't want to be blatanty stared at.

CaptainChaos

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I see a hot girl at the gym, I will take a glance and thats about it. If I could wear blinders at the gym I would. I'm there to do a work out and I try not to let things distract me.
I also have to agree with above posts about trying to hide boners.

I would do the flirt thing before or after the workout. It just seems cheesy to me, picking up girls while their working out.

sleepiboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would hit on the girls where I work out, but I am unsure if for the most part they want to be hit on or are just there to work out, so I don't even attempt it.

SR_Blarney_Frank

Experimental Member
Media
I agree with a lot of the comments here. Most guys have had at least one experience of getting busted staring and a none-too-understanding response from the object of affection.

If you want a guy to look... don't just look at him... make it clear you're looking at him and nobody else and then smile :) Yes, smile. Without a doubt, he'll be mentally having his way with you and beating off about it later...

Torque8

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Do you look??? YES Do you flirt?? NO, unless I've talked to someone more than a few times. Do you even notice the girls at the gym? YES, cause I'm basically str8. Do you try not to look? YES

Aside from answering your questions, I get hit on occasionally by women at both the gyms where I workout. It can be a bit annoying as I'm generally rushed for time and know what I want to accomplish before each of my workouts. Bear in mind that a lot of the guys you see everyday for there for one purpose and socialization and adding new @'s to their blackbook isn't a part of their being there.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know about the rest of the country but where I live looking at or flirting with anyone in your gym is considered sexual harassment.At the very least you will be banned,some women here have tried to push the issue in court!So now I work out at home and my wife lets me look all I want!:biggrin1:When she works out that is!:smile:

ejection_handle

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Whatever!!!!!!!!!

There has never been an attractive woman at any gym I have ever been too that has not eyeballed to death. That being said I will add this obvious bit. No matter where a person is if they wish to draw the attention of others they need to let it be known. Try looking at others untill they exchange the attention, simple enough I hope; try it and good luck.

bigman_tn28

Expert Member
Media
at my gym, when a women comes in it is noticed, and discussed by the men :). The men do not stare, but subtle glances etc. And yes, we do not approach unless the woman makes the move, it can be considered an gym "unwritten rules" thing. Ask for a spot or help with somehting from a guy. I cannot imagine the men would be soo wrapped up in things they would not help you. Come to chicago, i will help ya.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Approach!? like how? The one guy at the gym who's attention I would really like to get wears a wedding ring. I would be happy enough for him just to LOOK at me. Im not saying lets go to the back staircase and fuck (although *cough* ya know...maybe ..j/k)
These guys...I swear to you..I wish I could wear a hidden camera to the gym tonight. I would walk by every hot guy at the gym and you could see them not even look up, no eye contact...its bizarre. They must be trying really hard NOT to look, or they look after I'm already gone.