guys with Dreadlocks

Luvalarge-n-thick1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Hi. I do not know if this as been touched on but I have dreadlocks some are down to my shoulder and I do keep them clean. I am kind of asking this to the guys that do not mind other guys, anyone can answer. What do you think are dreads a turn off in hookin up with you, basically what do all of you think?

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Personally for me, dreds only look good on a very select few people - usually black guys. If they are well kept and you keep them clean then you're doing the best you can.

Reactions: gymman2020

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They are hot on SOME guys, other guys who try to do them in my book look better with just thin braids for some reason. No clue why but thats me.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi. I do not know if this as been touched on but I have dreadlocks some are down to my shoulder and I do keep them clean. I am kind of asking this to the guys that do not mind other guys, anyone can answer. What do you think are dreads a turn off in hookin up with you, basically what do all of you think?
Sorry, I'm a girl but I couldn't resist answering. :redface: Male, female, black or white I do not care for dreadlocks. Actually I deplore them on white people as it just makes them look like lame wannabes IMO.

Then again I am notoriously conservative. To me dreadlocks seem to scream: I have no desire to ever have a pension plan, 401K, new car, or a job that doesn't require a name tag or uniform.

That said, I had a neighbor in NJ whose brother is a very successful lawyer . . . in Jamaica. :cool: Call me a purist, but unless you are a true Rastafaarian, what's the point?

hung_me

1st Like
Media
Then again I am notoriously conservative. To me dreadlocks seem to scream: I have no desire to ever have a pension plan, 401K, new car, or a job that doesn't require a name tag or uniform.

Notoriously, indeed. You make anybody who is not materialistically ambitious or antithetical to the American military-industrial complex seem terrible. Ghey.

That said, I think dreads are fucking sexy. So long as you're using your wax, and it doesn't smell like roadkill. I think I'm notoriously liberal, though, and anybody who gives any remote semblance of a 'Bohemian' edge totally turns me on.

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Only very few people look good with dreadlocks.

I'm not a fan of them. Like NJ said, they make people look like they don't want to be taken serious in life. I'm sure you do want to be taken seriously, but I'm just giving my opinion.

If you look good in them...keep them, otherwise...go for another haircut. I'm sure there are plenty that look good on you.

WhiteZombie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NJ: A white man's hair will dread up naturally as well, ya know... Certainly, Jamaican men aren't the only group of people who've had dreadlocked hair, so why should it ONLY be acceptable for them to wear it? Everyone I've known to dread their hair has had their own individual reason for doing so. You're just another fool bringing stereotypes and hate.

As a guy who's had long hair for the past 13 years, I'd say all ya'll with shit to say about a person's hair reflecting their ambition and their drive to succeed are the real losers. Why don't we all just clone you guys and live the same boring ass lives as each other.

OP: Fuck the real wannabes, dude. Grow ya damn hair.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never seen the appeal behind them, and quite frankly don't understand even with the etomology why having them. I mean, don't those dreads get to be too unkempt and unclean if you don't take care of them?

And to the point of white people mimicing the style, I don't see how they look good. I mean, didn't the Counting Crows frontman wear some sort of dreads in his heyday?

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Notoriously, indeed. You make anybody who is not materialistically ambitious or antithetical to the American military-industrial complex seem terrible. Ghey.
[/color][/size][/font]

Long time reader, first time posting?

Personally, I agree that there are a slim minority of people who can make dreads look classy. Most guys end up looking too thuggish or derelict.

Unfortunately, most black hair trends fail to translate to other ethnicities with the same sort of penache (case and point)but I'm sure there are some non-black people who can carry out dreads without looking like an extra from a Wayans brother's movie.

Chocolatestix

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Sorry, I'm a girl but I couldn't resist answering. :redface: Male, female, black or white I do not care for dreadlocks. Actually I deplore them on white people as it just makes them look like lame wannabes IMO.

That said, I had a neighbor in NJ whose brother is a very successful lawyer . . . in Jamaica. :cool: Call me a purist, but unless you are a true Rastafaarian, what's the point?

Njqt466, I couldn't resist responding to you. I can totally understand where you are coming from because my mother and Grandmother had the same issue when I decided to grow dreads. I'm about to be a college Graduate from Georgetown University, a pretty much white school. At least for me I think my dreads make a statement that I'm not trying to conform, that even if you can get past me looking black and think I "fit in" you would see my dreads and that will remind you that I'm not trying to fit in. Most people would see me and think that I go to Howard University instead of Georgetown, and I'm fine with that. If people can only accept me for who they think I am and not for who I am then I don't think I should be bother with those type of people in the first place. People are different, and me having dreads doesn't say anything more about my intelligence or background anymore than how a poor person looks on the street.

Njqt466, I'm not attacking you in anyway rather just providing a personal rational for why I have my dreads. With that said, I do think if you take care of them and keep them looking nice that can be hot (both my grandmother and mother now agree that I look good in them) and it is a great feeling to get your hair pulled too sometimes, something you miss out on having a low cut or being balled.

Capitolhillguy

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think they can make some white guys look nasty hot. Especially on lighter hair. A dark blonde, pierced tongued bi boy bike courier here had dreds and I wanted his milk shake in the worst way possible!

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I personally don't think they look good, on anyone. No matter how "clean" they are, I think it's a sign of being lazy. You don't want to brush your hair, you get dreds.