Guys With Long Hair - Like?

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
My hair is presently down to the small of my back, and I've had nothing but compliments from women, most want to play with it and put it in different styles. Most guys just joke about me wanting to be a hippie, or that I look like I'm from Vermont.

Ditto about the women and the hippie comments. I think the grief I get about having long hair comes from other guys most of the time, and trust me, I'm not dressing to impress them. I think it takes a lot of security to wear my hair this way, whether I keep it down or curly or whatever. And a hair tie is just that -- a damn piece of string to keep my hair out of the way.

BigBen

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As my hair stylist has maintained for a couple of years now, longer hair for both men and women is back in style. You see it more now in all sections of society, but especially in the "trend setters" in the media and hollywood and the music industries.
The short hair, shaved head look took off about 1991 and has now, like all "fashion" changed over and longer hair is "back".
But what an individual wears for hair length is their own choice and should be what they like and feel comfortable with.
I had extremely short hair, essentially a mostly shaved head, for decades. In the last few years, encouraged by my stylist, I have grown it out. so it now is long. Some women love it, some don't and only like short hair. But a recent comment by one woman who said at first she only liked short hair on men is telling...after a few days she said she had changed her mind about longer hair and feels her first reaction was based on reflex and seeing something she was not accostumed to...longer hair on a man. I wash and use a good conditioner every day. My hair is never unclean or unkempt. It falls to below my shoulders now when I take the ponytail out. Which I do at home or when I am not working. Several women at work or at the gym or even at more subdued social functions have asked to see how long my hair was and what it looked like "down". I take out the tie and drop my head and come back up. All the women who have asked to see my longer hair "down" have said they were surprised and turned on by my "mane". Once at a function several women cajoled me in to showing them my hair down. All had very visible reactions to seeing my hair down. If I had known it would create such reactions to having long hair, I would have grown it out years before I did...lol.
Oh, and each man is different. One poster above mentioned that "all" men past 20 had receding hair or bald spots or thinning hair. Nope...not true. I have the same hairline and thickness and no bald spots...the same full head of hair as I did decades ago. Genetics plays that role as well and not just in being very overendowed. I've also never had a cavity (along with my siblings) but that is another story about genetics.

mnrocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Of course this is just my opinion but...
I personally don't think any guys over 25 yrs of age should have long hair. Its desparate and just a fashion no. Kind of like speedos and age and bodyfat...You can do it when your young but after awhile it just makes you look like you are trying to hard.
A couple guys at my gym have long hair they are in their 40's and you can tell that is how they define themselves, through their long hair, I want to tell them to cut the hair change the image, they would look 100 times better, but since I don't live with them its not my business.
Long hair on a man and sometimes a woman ....has an expiration date, like it or not.

B_Cravenator

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ive just had my hair cut really short from sort of ear length curls. haha
It feels quite weird but I like it.

BigBen

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Of course this is just my opinion but...
I personally don't think any guys over 25 yrs of age should have long hair. Its desparate and just a fashion no. Kind of like speedos and age and bodyfat...You can do it when your young but after awhile it just makes you look like you are trying to hard.
A couple guys at my gym have long hair they are in their 40's and you can tell that is how they define themselves, through their long hair, I want to tell them to cut the hair change the image, they would look 100 times better, but since I don't live with them its not my business.
Long hair on a man and sometimes a woman ....has an expiration date, like it or not.

Guys under 25 only? LOL Desperate and a fashion "No"....living in MN is sooooo far out of the mainstream of what is fashionable and in style. I know because I have lived in the area. Give it about 3 or 4 years and your will see the changes catch up to some areas. But fashion is longer hair on men. Of all ages. That is a fact for several years now. Movies, news reports, newspapers covering LA, hollywoood, NY, Europe, and South Florida all show men with longer hair as more and more prevalent. Of all ages. It is back in style but many areas of the US still are a bit behind in style. Always have been and always will be. Fashion trends have always trickled down and take time to reach the heartland and become more prevalent. Dallas is a VERY fashionable area, so you see a lot of longer hair here. Women too have longer hair. The days of women over a certain age having shorter hair are gone. And longer hair can be sexy at any age as long as it is clean and kept up.
Scraggly and unclean is never good.
Well, living in MN I can cut you some slack. MN and some of the other northern tier states are not known for their lack of body fat so the writers perspective on body fat is probably colored by his locale and experiences of the great white northland...lol. But hair? Seems the writer forgot who started long hair as a fashion for the last 50 years...lol. And "trying too hard" is such a lame comment.
I wonder what the writer will do when he is over 25? Stop living and being an individual? And I could never, ever, ever fit in a speedo. No where to put it all. And I have a 32" waist.
But then, that is what makes the world skid sideways through the universe...the tilt of some really biased people toward others and prejudging people based upon their appearance.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
With me being Cherokee, I can pull off the look. :biggrin1: I think I'm going to let it grow out again. Everyone comments and is just awed by how my hair looks and feels. They all want to know how I can get my hair to look and feel that way. The answer is simple; wash with Johnson's Baby shampoo or Aussie for normal hair and never blow dry.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ditto about the women and the hippie comments. I think the grief I get about having long hair comes from other guys most of the time, and trust me, I'm not dressing to impress them. I think it takes a lot of security to wear my hair this way, whether I keep it down or curly or whatever.

Aside from keeping it well-maintained, the confidence of the wearer is what makes long hair sexy on men.

BigBen

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
With me being Cherokee, I can pull off the look. :biggrin1: I think I'm going to let it grow out again. Everyone comments and is just awed by how my hair looks and feels. They all want to know how I can get my hair to look and feel that way. The answer is simple; wash with Johnson's Baby shampoo or Aussie for normal hair and never blow dry.

I understand that. More women seem to like it long. And I have a great friend who just happens to be strikingly beautiful. She is full blooded Choctaw. Drop dead gorgeous doesn't begin to describe her. She could model at the age of 52. She looks about 32 and a figure that every woman would die for, and quite a few men would die to be with her...lol. But she has hair to the small of her back and it is shiny and stunning. She also likes my long hair. EagleCowboy is right. Keep it clean, shiny and if you do use a blow dryer, don't dry completely. Get the dampness out and it will be fine to let dry naturally. Use a conditioner daily. It makes a lot of difference. Long hair does not automatically mean bad hair or unclean hair. That is what some equate long hair too. And it isn't and should not be. When you have a full head of hair and no receding hairline and no bald spots, long hair at any age can look good. But first it goes back to what the individual is comfortable with and likes. The rest of the people should mind their own business and not judge a book by the cover (or length of the hair). That is really small minded and judgemental. I would never judge anyone on how long or short their hair is, the size of their nose, their height or lack their of, or any other feature. I have been judged and assumptions made about me all of my life because of the appearance of my endowement. I will not be the same type of person and pre judge others for any of their appearance.

BigBen

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aside from keeping it well-maintained, the confidence of the wearer is what makes long hair sexy on men.

Mercurial bliss...I have a woman friend, several of them actually, who have said many times that confidence (not arrogance) is the single most sexy thing they notice about a man. And they have said it is their biggest turnon in the bedroom.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had long hair in the mid-70's, almost to the middle of my back. At that time the ladies were growing their hair straight and long. I had several GFs with hair to their ass and beyond. I have blonde hair that was kind of dark for blonde, but in the summer it would lighten up and I was told(by women) it was beautiful. I was accused of putting something on it to get it that way, and usually my current gf at the time would say, "no, just shampoo". It was a PITA to take care of, got tangled up, sometimes had to use a creme rinse and comb to get the tangles out. I also took crap from rednecks who called me queer and other verbal abuse, and took some crap from queers who thought I was and gave me shit when they found I wasn't. BTW, nothing against gays(we did not use the term gay back then). To each his own, i'm not, leave me alone. long hair was also hot. But I liked the attention it drew to me, a lot of ladies liked it, my body, my package. I'm not sure if I miss it or just miss being in my mid-20's again.

That was over 30 ys ago, so now I'm almost bald. I use a remington beard trimmer to trim my stash and my "goat". And use it to give myself a haircut.

edit - no matter what length your hair or your cock, a cool confidence attracts women, not that trash talking, arrogance crap. at 55 yo, I still attract some ladies attention.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Long hair on any guy, balding or not, is not hot.

For me it is a deal breaker. Real men keep their hair short and their asses open.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Dirty Jersey, Skull, as in NJ or the Channel Island?

I had mine long until I reached a certain age where I noticed the part was getting fairly wide and I felt I'd best go back to the short often unkempt features of short hair (I have "cowlicks"), which can be amusing, and/or annoying.

There's a guy at work who has kept his hair long, but he genes have given him a tonsored look, and he's no Richard O'Brien (the missing teeth seem to make him far more unattractive)...