Guys with more girl than guy friends?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by yngjock20, Jul 31, 2007.

1. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was just reading the Male vs. Female bonding thread and I felt a little out of place since my entire life, I've only had female friends. I've been acquaintances with many guys, even good buds with a few, but I've only been close with girls.

I first thought that it was just because I hadn't found any gay guy friends to hang with, but I still don't have any gay male friends. My gay friends consist of bi and lesbian girls.

Is there anyone else out there that can sympathize (did I spell that right?) with me on this?

2. B_andyo

B_andyo New Member

for every 20 girl i got one male friend... but friendship with women is another story.. :) I only got a few males friend like about 3-4 :) of what you call friend.

3. Corius

Corius New Member

A friend is a treasure whether that friend be male or female. That has been the starting point for me. Some friends become "more than just friends and that can signal the beginning of something very wonderful. Friends do find ways of showing their affection for one another and they eventually come to the point of genuine sexual relations. That for me is the kind of sex which confirms the bonds already in existence. It is great
    sex and only gets better with each repeat.

Some folks want and get lots of sex but still have few friends. Other folks make lots of friends but have sex with very, very few of them. Happiness depends on your priorities.

4. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ive always wanted to have male friends, but am not too good at interacting or bonding with other men. Im sort str8 but worried i dont bond well with other men cos they know im a bit bent.

I get on with women well, and would say i definatly have more female friends, but some times i just wanna fart, belch, beer and play fight while playing a vid game and talking guy shit...

I miss that so very, very much.

5. SexyFront

SexyFront New Member

I have no female friends. In my teens, when it was all new to me, I did go out of my way to make as many female friends as possible. Heck, I even wanted my physician and waitresses to be female. Admittedly, I hardly had any guy friends or associates. Eventually I grew out of making myself exclusive to the opposite sex in my early twenties. As I recently described to someone who brought up this very same discussion, the novelty of an all female click wore off. For a while after I tried to keep things on an even keel, some guy friends and some girl friends, but I realized I had already discovered the companionship I desired way back in kindergarden, when I just played with boys. What I was looking for was right under my nose the whole time; I've done the other stuff, but I now know for sure that I prefer homosocial interaction.

6. bob2001

bob2001 New Member

I have one or two girl friends that I could trust comletely, and about 4 or 5 guy friends. But then again I've known all these guys literally my entire life.

7. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

I don't think I have more girl friends than guy friends, but my female friends are definitely closer friends. I do more things with them, talk/email with them more, share important happenings with them, etc, etc.

8. canZ

canZ Member

I too have more female friends than male friends, why? I don't know I guess because you can always hang out with the guys whenever and agree or conversate on a common thing but sometimes you want to know and learn things from the other perspective.

9. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I have a very small handful of very good male friends, and a few other guys that I know and like and sometimes talk to, and then a lot of female friends. Probably because I'm trying to get the females in bed with me and that's enough incentive for me to bother with maintaining a relationship. With men, I don't have that incentive and usually can't find the motivation to make an effort. Also most guys don't seem to have anything interesting to talk about. Sports talk puts me to sleep.

10. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    How do they know you're listening to them and not thinking about crawling up their shirt? :tongue:

11. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I've always had a pretty good mix of male and female friends. Maybe it's because I don't have gender-specific criteria for friendships. Women are usually (but not always) one kind of friend, and men are usually (but not always) another kind of friend. If I'm in the mood to go hiking, and one of the ladies wants to go along, that's cool. In general, though, the genders have different concepts of "what friends do together."
    Um... yeah. I want to see you wearing a shirt big enough for that hunk of a man to crawl up in... considering that he's twice as tall as you, and outweighs you by 150 pounds.

12. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    So when are we going to go?
    Hehehe...quite the visual you've painted there. :biggrin1:

13. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

I think we all need friends of both genders. I don't have that many male companions anymore. Friends of our own gender can relate to some situations, and feelings. I miss having good buddies to hang out with, and clown. Hmmm Ve shall Vork on dis.

MercurialBliss, women know I am listening to them because I look them in the eye when we are talking. That way, they don't know I'm sound asleep. haha

14. RomanCandle

RomanCandle New Member

Albums:
    I have plenty of female friends, but they are either married to a friend of mine, related to me, or homosexual. In other words, there's pretty much no chance of a romantic or sexual relationship with them.

For alot of people anyway, that seems to be a prerequisite for friendship between the sexes. It reminds me of the movie "When Harry Met Sally", where the male character, much to the horror of the main female character, claims men and women can't really be friends. Too much sexual tension, etc. It seems he's proven wrong as they go on to become best friends for years, but of course at the end of the film they fall in love and get married.

Draft saved Draft deleted