Gwinnett County Teen Missing

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

I know that this type of thing happens all the time; and since I don't know know any of the people concerned I shouldn't worry about it. But this story bothers me every time they talk about it on the local news.

This kid has been missing for a week and nobody saw anything. :confused:

Apparently the people he went there with left early before he wanted to go home. When he did want to leave hours later, he called a friend to come pick him up and the friend said "NO." Some friend?! :eek: Do people even know what a friend is these days? If he had been my friend I would have thrown a hoodie and jeans on over my nightie and gone and gotten him. I may have bitched about it; but I damn sure wouldn't have left him to sleep in a parking lot over night! Apparently, he even called home and told his mom he would crash there over night. . . WTF!?! If my child calls me drunk at 2 am, 3 am, or 4 am and says I can't get a ride I'm gonna crash here. My first question is, where is here? If he says a parking lot or the home of someone I don't know, then I go get him. What the heck is wrong with people?:confused::mad::eek:

They know he has fake i.d., which is how he got into the club, as he is underage. Other than that there are no clues, no witnesses, and no evidence he has met with foul play.

18-year-old student is reported missing
    Man was last seen Thursday in Duluth
    By Andria Simmons
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Published on: 11/07/07
    Police in Gwinnett County said Tuesday that they are looking for an 18-year-old college student who has been missing since Thursday.

Justin Gaines came home from Athens to Gwinnett County on Thursday and told his mother he was going out with friends, according to a police report quoted in a statement from the Gwinnett County Police Department. He later called to ask a friend to pick him up from Wild Bill's entertainment hall in Duluth, but the friend told Gaines he couldn't pick him up, the statement says.

Gaines, a graduate of Brookwood High School, is a freshman at the Oconee campus of Gainesville College, said his mother, Erika Wilson.
    Wilson called police Sunday to report her son missing.

"I haven't slept in days," Wilson said Tuesday. "I'm going out of my mind."

Friends of the victim stated that he has false identification in the name of Brad Allen and Brad Shewe, said Cpl. Illana Spellman, a spokeswoman for the Gwinnett County police.

Wilson said she thinks her son may have consumed several alcoholic drinks at Wild Bill's the night he disappeared.

"I don't know if he left with someone or if he tried to crash there, but it's not like him not to come home," Wilson said.

Investigators have tried to track Gaines' cellphone and "obtain any relevant video from the area that he was last seen," the news release says.

Police describe Gaines as a white man who is 5 feet 11 inches, weighs 210 pounds and has a muscular build. They say he has blue eyes and brown hair with a short buzz cut, and that both his ears are pierced with diamond studs. He was last seen wearing a long-sleeve gray shirt with "Abercrombie" written on the front, bluejeans with holes and flip-flops.
    Police asked anyone with information about Gaines' whereabouts to call the Gwinnett County Police Department at 770-513-5300.

2. Principessa

Gold Member

*BUMP!*

3. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

2 people were reported missing last week... one found dead in a local river.. the other still missing. Another person found dead in a local park, she was murdered. 2 teen suicides.

One week. My city. Tragic.

Draft saved Draft deleted