Gym and Underwear

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
with all this talk- had a question...

Do you think about what underwear you will wear, or NOT wear, to the gym...

Just curious- we all have those ratty ones for around the house...but...

I have a few pair of boxers that I love, well worn in just the right spots- ayone ever think twice? (please, no skidmark or others stainage mentionings)

I have once or twice thought...wait...

OR is it 'just a guy thing at the gym'...?

any stories of underwear oh-my-gods?

-I shared awhile back of seeing a high ranking HR VP once in a pair of red satinish bikini briefs...was so hard not to stare (or laugh).

I told a female coworker who worked in his division...she later punched me- HARD...Seems she was in a big, long meeting with the division, and all of a sudden during the big meeting "red satin panties' flashed thru her mind...she had to leave the room she started giggling so hard...(to the point she said she about peed her slacks trying NOT to laugh) and then having to explain the giggling fit...

jgvm

Admired Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I mostly just wear a jock to the gym :smile:

aye-jai

Experimental Member
Media
i go to a mostly gay gym. so yeah i always think about either what underwear im wearing before i go, or what underwear i'll pack to change into after. i always want something cute, but something that is still 'mainstream' enough depending who in the lockerroom see's them, usually im in 2-xist sport breifs, rips drwstring breifs or basic bikini breifs. I tend to make sure im not wearing any thing too crazy (skimpy thong, see-though boxers etc) cuz i dont want to feel uncomfortable but i still wanna look cute. :)

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If I go to my straight gym I don't care; normally a jock and what ever I grab.

when I go to the gay cruz gym; something new and bright.

I find that when I'm going to the gym I'm more conscious about the underwear I wear. I guess it's because people (other guys) will be seeing them when I change. I don't like to look like a slob in public with clothing, so I guess the feeling extends to my underwear as well. I don't care about wearing old underwear if I'm not hitting the gym and just hanging out at home for the day because no one else but me will see them.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I find that when I'm going to the gym I'm more conscious about the underwear I wear. I guess it's because people (other guys) will be seeing them when I change. I don't like to look like a slob in public with clothing, so I guess the feeling extends to my underwear as well. I don't care about wearing old underwear if I'm not hitting the gym and just hanging out at home for the day because no one else but me will see them.

u might wanna rethink that 100% str8 thing.....no str8 guy thinks that much about underwear. do u worry whether your bra matches ur panties? LOL

RICKY_27

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
u might wanna rethink that 100% str8 thing.....no str8 guy thinks that much about underwear. do u worry whether your bra matches ur panties? LOL

Hey "THAD"!

Great call!!! :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:ROFLMAO!!!

RICKY_27

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
going to the gym has no bearing on what underwear i don.
when i wear underwear, i make a point to wear plaid boxers.
i think 'if anything should happen and i should have my pants
off'... i don't want to have made a regrettable decision in the under
pants department.
so going to the gym is no different.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I used to wear boxer briefs to work out in (boxers rest of the time)- growing up when I would (have to ) wear jock straps I remember them being so horribly uncomfortable (felt like stretch barbed wire to me- remember my nuts getting pinched and mashed)

anyhow awhile back one of my sons left a 'new' jockstrap in the dryer (one of the fun parts- dad has free w/d! lol) anyhow I was surprised how much 'better' seemed to feel (yes I tried it on, it was just out of hte dryer) and was really shocked at the comfort... NOT the hellishly uncomfortable thing I rememeber from my teens...so I bought my own (classic 'bike' brand, but a size larger for more room) and now wear that...really like the...confidence knowing I won't flop around (had treadmilling and flopping)

mdlindqu

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Always briefs to work out in, sometimes I will bring boxers or boxer briefs to change into after showering, but mostly briefs. When I wear low rise briefs and bright colors I usually get some nice stares and looks, it is quite the turn on. I love seeing what types of undies other hot guys are wearing.

I was changing after showering one day at the gym and this really cute hottie was next to me and I had noticed him several times while working out thinking how hot this guy was and he pulled off his T-shirt and then dropped his gym shorts to reveal some of the hottest Ginch Gooch low rise briefs in red and yellow, damn that was hot! Now if only could have checked out his package inside those briefs, but he didn't shower and put his jeans on.

This from a gay guy? How do you know what straight guys think? Only gay guys care about their appearance? That seems like a stereotype about gays IMO. I would call you a homophobe, but you're already gay, so I guess that makes you a self-loathing gay. You remind me of a guy I used to know who on the weekends would go out gay bashing until he came out of the closet a year later. I don't own any bras and panties, but I'm sure you have plenty to spare (since you are perpetuating stereotypes about gay men). So tell me, are there any other stereotypes about gay men that you as a gay man would like to perpetuate? Do they all talk with a lisp, swish when they walk, and always have a limp wrist?

:bsflag: :tool: :lame:

Get some help and try to love yourself if you can. You are truly sad and pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Doesn't matter what I wear to the gym. I change into under armour before I workout.

I second this. I have a stash of black UA "BoxerJocks" that are my gym undies of choice. I won't wear these all day, as they compress a bit too much for that to be comfortable -- but a touch of minimizing doesn't hurt when wearing mesh gym shorts. They also work well for the gym because they're durable, offer decent support/containment, and the fabric wicks away perspiration.

Steve

cali06

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't own any underwear so most of the time I just wear my work out shorts or sweat pants. Wore a jock/cup in school when playing sports for protection, but couldn't wait to get out of that constricting thing after a game. hardly even wore it during practice.
here are a some pics of shorts and sweat pants.

Attachments