Gym Attendants?

Media
I'm looking for a 2nd job and there is a spa by my house hiring both receptionists and gym attendants. The proximity to my home makes it appealing but I've actually never went to a gym and don't know what it is they do. I don't want to go in having zero clue at all, I'd like to be able to at least have some knowledge of the job and bullshit my way through lol. So if anyone can give me an idea that'd be very helpful. I'm thinking they need to know how to workout and show people, so I may not even bother going in since I don't have that knowledge.

Last edited:

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dude...you seriously have NEVER been to a gym/spa/whatever in your life?

Anyway, you won't be able to bullshit your way into the gym attendant job (though some of the nitwits I've met working for gyms probably were just as uneducated about what they were doing). It's also dangerous to lie your way into the gym as an attendant, unless all they do is all of the stuff except help the people train (ie pick up towels, tidy the place, clean mirrors, etc).

The Receptionist might be a better place to start. You could easily do that; they'll train you anyway in how to use their computer system, etc. And once you get in the door and get that free membership, train a bit, etc, you might find you become interested in other bits of work in the place.

Have fun...getting the free membership alone is worth the job, even if all you do is jump in the sauna and hot tubs to relax.

Media
Nah I haven't been to one, anyway I'm a little confused because the ad I saw actually said "Receptionist and gym attendants". I sent this nice email with my resume...which has absolutely no mention of athletic ability lol, and I got a call and a voicemail since I was busy working my other job. I had actually thought it over and at the time decided I didn't want it, so I didn't plan to call back but today they called a second time. My thinking is, it's rare to get a second call to begin with. Most people hiring will leave a voicemail and if they don't hear back they move on. It's rarer to get a second call when they think you can't handle the job.

So the point is, do they have multiple openings? A friend of mine who goes to a gym a lot just told me at his gym the gym attendant is pretty much the receptionist also. So I'm wondering if the ad is for one person to fill both roles or separate people. I was guessing separate people because of the plurality of "gym attendants" and the singular form of receptionist. Maybe I'll just go and hear it out, it's only a couple minutes from my house.

Media
Nah I haven't been to one, anyway I'm a little confused because the ad I saw actually said "Receptionist and gym attendants". I sent this nice email with my resume...which has absolutely no mention of athletic ability lol, and I got a call and a voicemail since I was busy working my other job. I had actually thought it over and at the time decided I didn't want it, so I didn't plan to call back but today they called a second time. My thinking is, it's rare to get a second call to begin with. Most people hiring will leave a voicemail and if they don't hear back they move on. It's rarer to get a second call when they think you can't handle the job.

So the point is, do they have multiple openings? A friend of mine who goes to a gym a lot just told me at his gym the gym attendant is pretty much the receptionist also. So I'm wondering if the ad is for one person to fill both roles or separate people. I was guessing separate people because of the plurality of "gym attendants" and the singular form of receptionist. Maybe I'll just go and hear it out, it's only a couple minutes from my house.

Honesty will be your best policy. If you go in for an interview let them know you would be more interested in the receptionist job. If you are not athletic and have not been to a gym, then trying to BS your way through it won't due. You could seriously injure someone and cause a big lawsuit against the gym and yourself if you have misrepresented yourself.

I have a M.S. in Exercise Science and was a personal trainer at one time. It is not something you can accurately BS your way through.

A receptionist on the other hand..................

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I work as a "gym attendant". Some of my duties include, greeting and checking in members, selling memberships, keeping the weights neatly racked, giving tours, selling supplements, protein drinks, etc. At most gyms these days the "Attendant" doesn't show clients how to use the equipment. That is typically done by personal trainers..Did I say that I'm gay and the gym i work at is 99.9% gay? So my job is to stand there and look hot, flirt shamelessly, and scoop hotties....:cool: