Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
how often do you all change gym outfits? Had a friend say he will wear stuff 2-3 times before washing and getting a new set of work out clothes. Does anyone else do this? Do you all smell? Have you ever smelled someone else because of this? Let’s hear it!

Reactions: mutualjax and Gj816

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I hit the gym five mornings a week and own three sets of gym gear:

Tights (it's cold this time of year and I prefer them to baggy pants) or compression underwear
7" inseam shorts (because I think guys in tights only look weird)
Socks
Shirt
Microfiber towel

I wash the dirties on either Tuesday or Wednesday evening and again on Friday, so nothing sits more than three days without being washed.

Re-using without washing is gross, especially for the tights/compression shorts and also for the shirts. I go to the gym to get a workout and that involves significant sweating. :)

Reactions: Gj816

heyppl513

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I hit the gym five mornings a week and own three sets of gym gear:

Tights (it's cold this time of year and I prefer them to baggy pants) or compression underwear
7" inseam shorts (because I think guys in tights only look weird)
Socks
Shirt
Microfiber towel

I wash the dirties on either Tuesday or Wednesday evening and again on Friday, so nothing sits more than three days without being washed.

Re-using without washing is gross, especially for the tights/compression shorts and also for the shirts. I go to the gym to get a workout and that involves significant sweating. :)
I agree. I would smell like I did after a hockey game if I didn’t wash my stuff after every workout

I wash everything after 1 workout. Outside of the smell (you can always smell guys that don't do this even though they can't seem to smell it or just don't care), there are other issues such as athletes foot and yeast infections. I've had yeast infections before (they're not just a female problem) and they are very uncomfortable.

I've had to move away from guys at the gym while working out because they smell so bad. Usually they are younger guys because younger guys have more issues with personal hygiene at the gym by not showering after a workout. I always have to shower after exercising. Aside from smelling like crap, I feel gross not doing so. Guys that don't care about keeping their bodies clean normally don't care about keeping their clothes clean.

Reactions: aldawg and hzs3fg

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Generally only one time. However, if I'm going back to the gym after work. I'm not going home for more clothes. I'll wear what I had in in my morning workout. It is my sweat and I've been sweating all day anyway. I'm not going to worry about my on sweat. Besides I'll take a good shower when I get finished with my workout.

Reactions: heyppl513

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Generally only one time. However, if I'm going back to the gym after work. I'm not going home for more clothes. I'll wear what I had in in my morning workout. It is my sweat and I've been sweating all day anyway. I'm not going to worry about my on sweat. Besides I'll take a good shower when I get finished with my workout.

Recently I've begun to carry a spare set of shorts, compression underwear, shirt, socks and towel in my trunk at all times just in case I should get in the mood to head to the gym after work.

D

deleted847535

workout in it once then wash it.
now if I rinse the shorts and use them in the pool, they get a second shot.

Reactions: Gj816

nice_guy_here

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What I wear (generally) to the gym:-

1) Vest top
2) T-shirt over the top (it's cold! Though it may be discarded after I get warmed up)
3) Compression shorts/tights
4) Shorts over the top
5) Socks
6) A hoodie/jacket
7) Trainers

#1-5 are a one-and-done affair - if anyone wears the same stuff more than once, they either don't have any sense of smell or don't work hard enough in the the gym. Period!

Depending on just how sweaty I get, #6 can last a few days or a week but even then they can a good wash at least weekly.

#7 will get a wash as and when needed, I have a few pairs that I rotate/use for different types of training.

Anyone that doesn't wash at least the base layer of clothing after a workout in my eyes is just nasty and doesn't deserve to be my friend.

Reactions: Stabilo

Stabilo

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wash everything after one use except for the hoodie that can last a week, or less if I sweat a lot and except for trainers, but I usually exchange them between one session and the other