gym dick, penile retraction, shrivelling of the cock..

col1974

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There have been a few posts here and there about this kind of thing.

Some people say that the dick shrivels after / during certain activities. On the net there seems to be a general term used called penile retraction.

My experience is that while the girth may reduce to less than normal (my flaccid size is very variable), I can pull out some of the lost length with a firm but gentle pull away from the body.

So who here "suffers" from this? Can you stop it in anyway and can you regain some of the length in the same way?

Cheers guys

18t

1st Like
Media
There is a lot more required info needed to address the question. Like your diet and general lifestyle habits. We need something to go on other than a shriveled cock. The first and best advice is to make sure that your'e getting good nutrition and exercise, and don't have bad habits like smoking or excessive alcohol consumption. Blood circulation is key. You can certainly expect to get gym dick if you spend most of the day on the couch... Or in contrast, while working out as blood is required in your muscles and not so much in that region, you'll have that..

Last edited:

col1974

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I eat well, drink seldomly, don't smoke and get regular exercise.
I take multi-vitamin / mineral supplement which includes zinc.
I wonder if it boils down to just exercise leading to shrivelling (all reversible) but then I have heard others don't shrivel / lose size at all during exercise.

18t

1st Like
Media
Do you jerk off a lot? I can't think of many other causes if everything else is in check.

18t

1st Like
Media
Thats not a lot, pretty healthy I think. Do you do any PE? If so, like pumps? Jelquing? Those two things will kill your penis in the long run and cause all sorts of inconsistancies.

18t

1st Like
Media
Yeah those techniques provide temporary gains in size for sure. But they do more harm than good in the long run. There are soooo many examples of this on here, and elsewhere if you search enough. Id stop that, stick to PC muscle/kegel exercises and just do everything else the same. A developed pc muscle will make you bigger. You should never force more blood into the penis than your vascular system naturally allows, ever. I know I talk like an expert, but I am no MD. This is just 10 years of research and personal trial and error. I feel like there are a large group of guys who can learn from me/my mistakes and successes.

Last edited:

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Nah, small at the gym is caused either by anxiety (when arriving) or blood supply going to the muscles (when leaving). Much like the cold weather/water response, I don't think there's much you can do about it other than wearing a cock-ring.

I have the same problem after exercise. There's not much I can do about it, so I don't worry. It will return to normal later. It's not like I need to be the biggest in the locker room and shower, so I don't care.

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
What you describe is a normal physiological response to exercise, it is quite normal - means you are getting a good workout. I find it happens to me especially after an intense cardio workout. As 18t mentioned - during intense workouts your blood is needed to supply oxygen to your muscles more so then your penis - it is just being efficient. I wouldn't worry about it, it is perfectly normal.

ksregister

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My cock is never smaller than it is after a good cardio workout; basketball, treadmill etc. I just give it a couple good tugs when I'm getting undressed so that it gets back to normal for the showers.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have the same experience -- after a hard workout all the blood is in the muscles and not in my dick. So after the workout I stop in a bathroom stall and fluff before hitting the lockerroom and showers. LOL. I go to a cruisy gym and showing my big dick in the showers has gotten me a lot of action, otherwise I wouldn't bother if it were just an all str8 gym.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Agreed, Same. I'm there for the Cardio/workout. Usually I'll get a hanger when in the hot shower and seeing all the other floppy's jumpin around.

Soap sudz are the way to go when tugging in the shower. Looks like your soaping up, but you can gently tug out and get your length back and get looks that way. (If thats what you want)