gym dick, penile retraction, shrivelling of the cock..

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by col1974, Jul 26, 2009.

1. col1974

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    There have been a few posts here and there about this kind of thing.

Some people say that the dick shrivels after / during certain activities. On the net there seems to be a general term used called penile retraction.

My experience is that while the girth may reduce to less than normal (my flaccid size is very variable), I can pull out some of the lost length with a firm but gentle pull away from the body.

So who here "suffers" from this? Can you stop it in anyway and can you regain some of the length in the same way?

Cheers guys

2. 18t

18t New Member

There is a lot more required info needed to address the question. Like your diet and general lifestyle habits. We need something to go on other than a shriveled cock. The first and best advice is to make sure that your'e getting good nutrition and exercise, and don't have bad habits like smoking or excessive alcohol consumption. Blood circulation is key. You can certainly expect to get gym dick if you spend most of the day on the couch... Or in contrast, while working out as blood is required in your muscles and not so much in that region, you'll have that..

#2 18t, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  3. col1974

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I eat well, drink seldomly, don't smoke and get regular exercise.
    I take multi-vitamin / mineral supplement which includes zinc.
    I wonder if it boils down to just exercise leading to shrivelling (all reversible) but then I have heard others don't shrivel / lose size at all during exercise.

4. 18t

18t New Member

Do you jerk off a lot? I can't think of many other causes if everything else is in check.

5. col1974

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Not really and the frequency changes - sometimes twice a week and sometimes more - depends on how much sex I'm having which would mean perhaps 4 ejaculations a week - is that a lot???

6. 18t

18t New Member

Thats not a lot, pretty healthy I think. Do you do any PE? If so, like pumps? Jelquing? Those two things will kill your penis in the long run and cause all sorts of inconsistancies.

7. col1974

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    have done both - infrequently till now and extremely carefully. Have found that I've had a bigger flaccid length after both including after exercise however.

8. 18t

18t New Member

Yeah those techniques provide temporary gains in size for sure. But they do more harm than good in the long run. There are soooo many examples of this on here, and elsewhere if you search enough. Id stop that, stick to PC muscle/kegel exercises and just do everything else the same. A developed pc muscle will make you bigger. You should never force more blood into the penis than your vascular system naturally allows, ever. I know I talk like an expert, but I am no MD. This is just 10 years of research and personal trial and error. I feel like there are a large group of guys who can learn from me/my mistakes and successes.

#8 18t, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  9. col1974

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    so do you think that this will stop the getting-small-at-the-gym ? Or is there something else I can do as well?

10. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nah, small at the gym is caused either by anxiety (when arriving) or blood supply going to the muscles (when leaving). Much like the cold weather/water response, I don't think there's much you can do about it other than wearing a cock-ring.

11. AG08

Gold Member

I have the same problem after exercise. There's not much I can do about it, so I don't worry. It will return to normal later. It's not like I need to be the biggest in the locker room and shower, so I don't care.

12. col1974

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    maybe that's all that's required!! on the rare occassion that it hasn't happened I've never figured out why...perhaps i should test a mind over matter approach....could be risky poppin a boner!

13. Sapien

Sapien Member

Albums:
    What you describe is a normal physiological response to exercise, it is quite normal - means you are getting a good workout. I find it happens to me especially after an intense cardio workout. As 18t mentioned - during intense workouts your blood is needed to supply oxygen to your muscles more so then your penis - it is just being efficient. I wouldn't worry about it, it is perfectly normal.

14. ksregister

ksregister Member

Albums:
    My cock is never smaller than it is after a good cardio workout; basketball, treadmill etc. I just give it a couple good tugs when I'm getting undressed so that it gets back to normal for the showers.

15. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have the same experience -- after a hard workout all the blood is in the muscles and not in my dick. So after the workout I stop in a bathroom stall and fluff before hitting the lockerroom and showers. LOL. I go to a cruisy gym and showing my big dick in the showers has gotten me a lot of action, otherwise I wouldn't bother if it were just an all str8 gym.

16. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Agreed, Same. I'm there for the Cardio/workout. Usually I'll get a hanger when in the hot shower and seeing all the other floppy's jumpin around.

Soap sudz are the way to go when tugging in the shower. Looks like your soaping up, but you can gently tug out and get your length back and get looks that way. (If thats what you want)

Draft saved Draft deleted