Gym dudes - best protein supplement??

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
thanks industrialsize, by tolerate do you mean taste or digest?
veep i'll try + find the uk distributer of body fortress thanks
cheers nick4444 + musclebound man
I mean both.....some protein supplements taste horrible and some people have trouble with "gas" from some of them...find one you like and can digest.

D_Ollyvalle Treegirth

Account Disabled
Media
I started out using Met-Rx, and they're still ok, but now prefer Ultramet by Champion Nutrition -- taste great to me, and they're a little cheaper, mix really well, and also include glutamine.

Also -- if you're gonna take just one supp -- I advise creatine.

I'm also taking L-arginine right now and I assume it may be helping with my recent mass gains (I need new pix)

wellhung123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been going to the gym for nearly a year now,
i'm lean and toned but want some muscle bulk.
Which protein shakes are the best ones in your
experience and are there any other supplements
that I should take as well?

Merely adding a protein shake to your diet isn't going to suddenly give you "...some muscle bulk" but it's a step in the right direction. The Optimum Nutrition stuff is great.

It's also a myth that you can only absorb 40grams of protein in one sitting. It's an old wives tale that refuses to die.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Supplemenmts. It depend what yr goals are. I am a TOTAL ecto. Last yr I was 133 lbs and now I am 150. I owe it to the gym and my trainer and Optimun's Mass gainer. Ck it out 12500 cals and 50 gms protein each shake.

ThaiDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
can anyone plz explain the difference between protein and whey protein? which one is better? I'm looking for a supplement supporting REAL MUSCLE growth ... i don't need water in my arms or stuff like that :tongue:

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Although I wouldn't recommend this if you want to build "lean" muscle, But if you want to get beefy, drink Ensure.

I did a experiment in my class comparing Ensure, a drinkable protien supplement you buy at you grocery store, and one of those protein smoothies from Orange Julius. Ensure beat everyone else by far with the amount of protein it contained!

D_Dewey_DeLong

Account Disabled
Media
I enjoy Ensure.

Although I wouldn't recommend this if you want to build "lean" muscle, But if you want to get beefy, drink Ensure.

I did a experiment in my class comparing Ensure, a drinkable protien supplement you buy at you grocery store, and one of those protein smoothies from Orange Julius. Ensure beat everyone else by far with the amount of protein it contained!