Gym Erections

hotheadguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hey guys, one of the things that I find fascinating is that it is the str8 guys as much as the gay guys - perhaps the str8 guys even more so - who often get hard-ons when naked in front of other guys.

Logic suggests that it shouldn't be so, but it is a huge relief to me to find that other basically str8 guys also get hard, or at least fear that they may hard, when naked in other male company. There were times, especially when I was younger, when just the thought of being naked in front of other guys
terrified me for this very reason, and yes, I have had one or two boners in communal showers.

Apart from the guys who want a semi-erection so as to look bigger, does anyone have an explanation for this phenomenon?

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
Hey guys, one of the things that I find fascinating is that it is the str8 guys as much as the gay guys - perhaps the str8 guys even more so - who often get hard-ons when naked in front of other guys.

Logic suggests that it shouldn't be so, but it is a huge relief to me to find that other basically str8 guys also get hard, or at least fear that they may hard, when naked in other male company. There were times, especially when I was younger, when just the thought of being naked in front of other guys
terrified me for this very reason, and yes, I have had one or two boners in communal showers.

Apart from the guys who want a semi-erection so as to look bigger, does anyone have an explanation for this phenomenon?

I know the problem - and I've often wondered why. There have been several times when I've got a self-conscious hard-on whilst naked in front of mates. I don't have any sexual interest in them but it's difficult to explain why you've got a massive, throbbing cock! It's difficult to explain but it seems that the more embarrassed and self-conscious you get, the harder it gets.

It usually draws some complimentary comments, anyway! :biggrin1:

Yup, nervous energy being released. The more you obsess about something happening, the more likely it is to happen. As you desensitize yourself to the environment over time, it will not happen at all. I have been using open showers for over 20 years now, so a hard on doesn't even cross my mind and never happens anymore. I had the same problem/issue 20 years ago when I was in my early 20s until one day I decided that this irrational fear I had was just plain stupid. I whipped off my towel and never looked back. Now in my early 40's, I usually try to fluff it up a little because it's so flaccid in the open shower. :biggrin1:

D_Beau Nerr

Experimental Member
Media
My theory, it's because of the anxiety, being tensed to be naked with other guys especially when you are not really used it or it's the first where you will be subjected in that situation. The first time, I entered a communal shower, I remembered being tensed completely butt naked and I could feel that my cock is growing. I stayed calm and pretended that nobody cared too look and concentrated in doing my showering business. It subsided and it never happened since.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have seen quite a few hard and semi hard dicks in the locker room showers after swimming or a weight workout and it becomes so normal that after a while you just sort of shrug and forget about it.

nicecircjob

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you want to lose your shower room erection, simply turn down the hot water.
The colder water makes my erection go down like a flat tire. Works for me, might work for you too. On the other hand, a former room-mate told me cold water intensifies his erection.
nicecircjob

If you want to lose your shower room erection, simply turn down the hot water.
The colder water makes my erection go down like a flat tire. Works for me, might work for you too. On the other hand, a former room-mate told me cold water intensifies his erection.
nicecircjob

Cold water works for me too! If all else fails, I just think of my mother-in-law. That'll deflate it in less than a second! :biggrin1:

TheEnforcer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It's about the open taunts like "are you homo?":mad: from classmates that made a hard on a less than happy experience.

Exactly! This is how my mindset in high school was. I actually got a doctor's note that I was allergic to high phLevels of Chlorine - that it made my skin itch too much (which it does)... but my worse fear was to shower in front of some of the other guys - some of them, which I had mad high school DL crushes on. I didn't want them to find out in a moment like that.

However, now I'm totatlly open and dont care about my body. I will shower without shame in the gym showers. It's weird though, how some grown men will shower with swimming trunks on... and be soooo embarrased about their body... It's like, whatever. We all have what we have, whether HUMONGOUS, Big, Average, or small... We all have the same thing. Now it would creep me out though if a trans were to shower with the rest of the men with her boobs and dick... I'd be confused and intimidatedly scared... lol

Mark_UK

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Most of the guys who go to my gym are not the type to give me an erection ;-)
Mind you there are some very hot women who could share a shower with me anytime, I would even let them hold the soap.Anyway the thing with being naked in public is to smile sweetly at anyone who looks at you.

D_Ernest Porknine

Experimental Member
Media
I've never gotten an erection in the showers nor have I ever seen anyone else with one there. I've gotten a bit of a semi hard on while working out I suppose at times but never flaunted it....although it was there to see if anyone was looking.

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I trying to get other guys comments about the reactions you get if youve ever got a hardon at the gym, In my case, ive gotten an erection while spotting a hot guy on a bench press, and also a few times in the shower, the guy on the bench didnt mind, but ive gotten a few annoyed looks in the shower...any others?

If you got a hardon while spotting me on the bench I would have to end my workout early and give your 10% a workout! You are fucking HOTT!