Gym Guy -- is he interested?

AlphaLion

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hi all, need some incite to this guy at the gym --

1) He's a big muscular dude and he always goes at the same time as me.
2) We've made locked eye contact a few times and he always seems to be staring or walking around towards me. (Today he literally was doing weights and then walked all the way on the other side to idk catch a glimpse? lol) -- He also sat down on a bench next to what I was doing as well.
3) I've def seen him check out other dudes and not the women on the cardio equipment.
4) He comes off "straight" but always find him with wandering eyes and ends up on me at some point.
5) Two instances have happened where I walk to the restroom in the back of the gym and about 1 min later he comes walking in but is either A) on the phone or B) doesn't say a word but eyes me. But literally he had to walk across the gym to do so. (Is he trying to start a convo or something)?

I haven't quite figured it out so I thought I'd ask the community for some advice here. Not saying it's creepy or anything and I'm flattered but I just don't know if he's into me or trying to initiate conversation or something?

I'm a pretty muscular guy myself and take care of myself so just asking since I've been in touch with my bi side lately lol.

friskydawg

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Hi all, need some incite to this guy at the gym --

1) He's a big muscular dude and he always goes at the same time as me.
2) We've made locked eye contact a few times and he always seems to be staring or walking around towards me. (Today he literally was doing weights and then walked all the way on the other side to idk catch a glimpse? lol) -- He also sat down on a bench next to what I was doing as well.
3) I've def seen him check out other dudes and not the women on the cardio equipment.
4) He comes off "straight" but always find him with wandering eyes and ends up on me at some point.
5) Two instances have happened where I walk to the restroom in the back of the gym and about 1 min later he comes walking in but is either A) on the phone or B) doesn't say a word but eyes me. But literally he had to walk across the gym to do so. (Is he trying to start a convo or something)?

I haven't quite figured it out so I thought I'd ask the community for some advice here. Not saying it's creepy or anything and I'm flattered but I just don't know if he's into me or trying to initiate conversation or something?

I'm a pretty muscular guy myself and take care of myself so just asking since I've been in touch with my bi side lately lol.
Do you say hello to the guy? Why don't you start a conversation? Tell him that his hard work at the gym is paying off or something innocent like that and see where it goes. It sounds like you are going to need to initiate if you want to get anywhere.

AlphaLion

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Do you say hello to the guy? Why don't you start a conversation? Tell him that his hard work at the gym is paying off or something innocent like that and see where it goes. It sounds like you are going to need to initiate if you want to get anywhere.
I haven't yet, so just wanted to scope it out first (which has been over the course of about a week and a half so far). I'm guessing he's wanting me to initiate conversation like you said.

But he always has his headphones in or he's talking super loud on the phone.

Reactions: Timer12

moveinreverse

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What is it you want from the guy, sex, dates, or?

If sex is the goal and you’re an exhibitionist, wait until he follows you into the change room. Once he’s looking your way, try changing and seeing if he looks away. If he doesn’t, play with him a bit but make it seem casual. Dont rush to throw your towel on. If he keeps staring see where he takes it from there. If he’s following you into the change room, I’d say there’s a motive. If he’s actively checking dudes out I’m guessing he’s wanting to blow off some steam.

if you’re looking for a date or to hang out privately, start with hello. Never hurts to start with hello either way really but I think that sets a better tone.

AlphaLion

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What is it you want from the guy, sex, dates, or?

If sex is the goal and you’re an exhibitionist, wait until he follows you into the change room. Once he’s looking your way, try changing and seeing if he looks away. If he doesn’t, play with him a bit but make it seem casual. Dont rush to throw your towel on. If he keeps staring see where he takes it from there. If he’s following you into the change room, I’d say there’s a motive. If he’s actively checking dudes out I’m guessing he’s wanting to blow off some steam.

if you’re looking for a date or to hang out privately, start with hello. Never hurts to start with hello either way really but I think that sets a better tone.

I actually noticed he never uses the locker room. Comes in, works out and leaves lol.

I guess friends and maybe a date or something. Not sure he'll be into it. Any suggestions if he has his headphones in? lol. I'm usually not a fan of bothering someone during a lift but in this case, its been over a week of this.

friskydawg

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I haven't yet, so just wanted to scope it out first (which has been over the course of about a week and a half so far). I'm guessing he's wanting me to initiate conversation like you said.

But he always has his headphones in or he's talking super loud on the phone.
Talking loud on a phone at the gym is kinda rude but I digress........surely he takes his headphones off in the locker room, right? Follow him in there, see if he looks at you, smile and say hello.

Reactions: AfterHours69

AlphaLion

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Talking loud on a phone at the gym is kinda rude but I digress........surely he takes his headphones off in the locker room, right? Follow him in there, see if he looks at you, smile and say hello.
Doesn't go to locker room. always on gym floor and gym floor restroom (which he's followed me into twice)

The talking loud on phone is super annoying. Luckily my headphones are noise cancelling but still... gym etiquette.

Redwoodsack

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Start a convo by complimentibg something hes wearing: shoes, shirt, hoodie, sweats, something. It will open the window for conversation he will mosf likely say thank you and then you can segway into something alongbthe lines of ive noticed you around man youve got some size and strength on you and just start talking to him about lifting. Let the convo flow natutally from there get his name and start saying hi when you see him in the gym.

You should at least br able to pick up on his vibe by how the inital convo goes.

friskydawg

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Doesn't go to locker room. always on gym floor and gym floor restroom (which he's followed me into twice)

The talking loud on phone is super annoying. Luckily my headphones are noise cancelling but still... gym etiquette.
OK. So I guess he keeps the headphones on when he pees? Have you smiled at him and if so, does he smile back? So he doesn't talk to anyone else at the gym either? By the way.......does he look at himself in the mirror a lot at the gym? That's a red flag for a potential a-hole. Once or twice, ok but constantly......no. Just sayin'

Reactions: AlphaLion

AlphaLion

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
OK. So I guess he keeps the headphones on when he pees? Have you smiled at him and if so, does he smile back? So he doesn't talk to anyone else at the gym either? By the way.......does he look at himself in the mirror a lot at the gym? That's a red flag for a potential a-hole. Once or twice, ok but constantly......no. Just sayin'
yeah he keeps them on when he pisses lol. Haven't smiled at him but honestly its been more like a I look up and he's like right there moments so really haven't lol.

He doesn't talk to anyone else at the gym. Haven't seen that ever.

I'm that asshole who looks at himself in the mirror a lot but I'm not an a-hole haha. I have not noticed that behavior. There's a lot of mirrors but he's not like posing or like checking himself out all the time. I see him rather looking at other dudes in the mirrors or who's checking him out (is my guess)

Reactions: AfterHours69

friskydawg

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I actually noticed he never uses the locker room. Comes in, works out and leaves lol.

I guess friends and maybe a date or something. Not sure he'll be into it. Any suggestions if he has his headphones in? lol. I'm usually not a fan of bothering someone during a lift but in this case, its been over a week of this.
A week isn't that long. Hang in there. If the guy is interested then something will happen. The fact that he follows you is interesting but it doesn't really jive with the fact that he takes no initiative in talking to you. He might want some dick but is paranoid. It's too bad he doesn't go to the locker room.

friskydawg

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
yeah he keeps them on when he pisses lol. Haven't smiled at him but honestly its been more like a I look up and he's like right there moments so really haven't lol.

He doesn't talk to anyone else at the gym. Haven't seen that ever.

I'm that asshole who looks at himself in the mirror a lot but I'm not an a-hole haha. I have not noticed that behavior. There's a lot of mirrors but he's not like posing or like checking himself out all the time. I see him rather looking at other dudes in the mirrors or who's checking him out (is my guess)
Sounds kind of complicated. I won't go there on you looking at yourself a lot. :no_mouth: You should smile at him and see if you get a smile back. Headphones don't interfere with that and it's a start. You could also say hello. It's obvious that you are saying that even with his headphones on.

AlphaLion

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
A week isn't that long. Hang in there. If the guy is interested then something will happen. The fact that he follows you is interesting but it doesn't really jive with the fact that he takes no initiative in talking to you. He might want some dick but is paranoid. It's too bad he doesn't go to the locker room.
yeah been about a week and a half of observing his behaviors lol. I mean he must be interested in something? Not sure if that's him getting off or if he's wanting friends or whatever but yeah the following to the restroom is well... different lol. Cuz he literally would have to speed walk across the gym floor to the back to the restroom and did not expect it to happen the last time or today. There were people in the restroom today when he walked in when I was in there and the 1st time he was on the phone having some loud ass conversation.

Sounds kind of complicated. I won't go there on you looking at yourself a lot. :no_mouth: You should smile at him and see if you get a smile back. Headphones don't interfere with that and it's a start. You could also say hello. It's obvious that you are saying that even with his headphones on.
The whole thing is and I can't figure it out lol or should I not care as much? And haha. I'm always posing or checking myself out while I lift since I like to see the muscles pumped and looks cool when posing.

Never thought of smiling since it's always afar haha. Is this usual behavior? I haven't quite ever experienced someone of this caliber. The hello was the next part I guess but wanted opinions on it since I have no idea if this is normal or not.

Reactions: Timer12

friskydawg

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
yeah been about a week and a half of observing his behaviors lol. I mean he must be interested in something? Not sure if that's him getting off or if he's wanting friends or whatever but yeah the following to the restroom is well... different lol. Cuz he literally would have to speed walk across the gym floor to the back to the restroom and did not expect it to happen the last time or today. There were people in the restroom today when he walked in when I was in there and the 1st time he was on the phone having some loud ass conversation.

The whole thing is and I can't figure it out lol or should I not care as much? And haha. I'm always posing or checking myself out while I lift since I like to see the muscles pumped and looks cool when posing.

Never thought of smiling since it's always afar haha. Is this usual behavior? I haven't quite ever experienced someone of this caliber. The hello was the next part I guess but wanted opinions on it since I have no idea if this is normal or not.
Please don't tell me that he continues to talk on the phone while he takes a piss, i.e. can't even take the time to put the phone down. That's more a-hole behavior but that's just my opinion, obviously. There is nothing wrong with smiling at the guy if he makes eye contact. You obviously aren't afar while in the restroom. He wants something if he had to speed walk across the gym floor. That's not normal unless he wants you. Surely he has noticed you looking at him. Try for awhile to make conversation but then just put it on pause. If he wants you bad enough he needs to do a little work himself. Maybe you intimidate him with your posing. :rolleyes:

AlphaLion

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Please don't tell me that he continues to talk on the phone while he takes a piss, i.e. can't even take the time to put the phone down. That's more a-hole behavior but that's just my opinion, obviously. There is nothing wrong with smiling at the guy if he makes eye contact. You obviously aren't afar while in the restroom. He wants something if he had to speed walk across the gym floor. That's not normal unless he wants you. Surely he has noticed you looking at him. Try for awhile to make conversation but then just put it on pause. If he wants you bad enough he needs to do a little work himself. Maybe you intimidate him with your posing. :rolleyes:
Yeah he does lol. I saw it and heard it happen when he was pissing lmao. He's pissing with his headphones on. Honestly, he goes like 3-4x a workout and I'm not sure he actually pisses or if it's just an excuse to come to the restroom??

Yeah, he definitely sped walked across the gym floor haha. I was like holy shit he was on the other side a minute ago. I know he's noticed cuz we've made eye contact a few times. Maybe? I'm sure he enjoys when i pose since i look huge lol

friskydawg

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Yeah he does lol. I saw it and heard it happen when he was pissing lmao. He's pissing with his headphones on. Honestly, he goes like 3-4x a workout and I'm not sure he actually pisses or if it's just an excuse to come to the restroom??

Yeah, he definitely sped walked across the gym floor haha. I was like holy shit he was on the other side a minute ago. I know he's noticed cuz we've made eye contact a few times. Maybe? I'm sure he enjoys when i pose since i look huge lol
So going to the restroom 3-4 times is an excuse for what if he is not taking advantage of an opportunity? WTF? The eye contact moment is when you need to smile. You won't get anywhere if you are both stone faced.

Reactions: 18wheeler

moveinreverse

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

If that’s the case, start with head nods. If he nods back, start to make it a regular thing. When he walks in, nod, and create the intro with him, eventually in my experience, a headphone comes down and so does an official hello.

friskydawg

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

Please keep us posted on your progress!

AlphaLion

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Update --
He did like a double take when i was walking towards him and I smiled at him and he maybe partially smirked..

Wore pink sweater to the gym... (is this uhh... acceptable for straight men)?

Kept staring at me when he was on the cardio equipment

Checked out my ass when I was doing bicep curls on the bench in reverse.

Didn't get a chance to say hi but I guess that's the next step lol