Gym/Pool showers

cjfp18

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi guys, i'm 21. I've recently started going to the gym, and of coaurse started to use the showers etc. They are open showers, and you see guys off all ages using them (16-50). I've found that allot of guys my ages either don't use them, or if they do go in with speedos etc on. I don't know weather i'd feel right going in naked when there are i guys my age that don't??

Also there appears to be more cut men than i thought in my age group. How many of you guys (16-30) for instance are cut or uncut?

Thanks for you're help

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
people seem so insecure these days it's ridiculous. I work at the gym on my school campus, one of my jobs being to walk around and watch everyone just in case someone gets hurt (it's a huge gym, 3 floors big over at Umass Amherst?). They only have me work the desk jobs now. Know why? A couple guys saw me staring at their ass for a few seconds and "got scared". Went and told my bosses about it, and they practically flipped out (in their, we're super nice and awkward way since they're all brand new to this kind of thing and had no idea how to handle it). I got so much crap about learning how handle oneself in a crowd, learning how to not be creepy and not make people "uncomfortable".
I don't know...the issue is so super sensitive to so many people these days it just seems silly. It kinda goes along with the no ever talks to each other anymore issue due to technology and culture thing (at least in New England). People glare at you for saying "hello" sometimes. Get over it already...

Reactions: S_Dick

seabud206

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no idea what the big deal is. I have been going to the gym for years and never have a problem going naked in the showers. Not a big deal to me. I have seen all ages in the shower and some are in their swimsuits and all but to me it just doesn't make sense. Why shower in a swimsuit?

Reactions: S_Dick

lpsg17

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hi guys, i'm 21. I've recently started going to the gym, and of coaurse started to use the showers etc. They are open showers, and you see guys off all ages using them (16-50). I've found that allot of guys my ages either don't use them, or if they do go in with speedos etc on. I don't know weather i'd feel right going in naked when there are i guys my age that don't??

Also there appears to be more cut men than i thought in my age group. How many of you guys (16-30) for instance are cut or uncut?

Thanks for you're help

Hey i think it is weird to wear things into the shower wear a towel to the shower and then just shower naked. I am older but cut but i see a mix of both at my gym. Good for you for working out

swiss_stallion

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Showering in Speedos is weird, because you can't clean your but and "weapon" when in shorts. I'm older but also noticed, that a lot of guys in your age are much more prude than we was. As I was in your age, the guys would have laughed if someone entered the shower with shorts. Be proud, be natural and shower naked! Thats the way it should be!

The Cut/Uncut Case is maybe a regional thing. Overhere in switzerland the most boys are uncutted! Some are circumsised because of religion. Others because the parents think it is easier to keep your best friend clean.

I prefer to stay uncut! A 4skin is a gift and a wonderfull plaything.. :))) In my eyes its a crime to cut little boys! They should decide by them self, when they are adult. I know a lot of man who are totally unhappy that they are cutted. Of course i know also a bunch of guys who are happy without 4skin. Whatever. Be selfsecure! You are absolutely ok the way you are. Don't change your mind because of the others! As long as you feel ok with yourself, enjoy life and enjoy yourself!

D_CountdeGrandePinja

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi - glad U R doing the gym thing - be comfortable as U mature - look at yourself - if U want to see more nudity, then show some yourself

btw - that's a great UC U have there - be PROUD of it!!!

yes, I am older than U

DickVaine

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
cj,
to quote part of your message:

"I don't know weather i'd feel right going in naked when there are i guys my age that don't??"

for that reason alone you should definitely walk into the shower room naked. because these "shy" guys cover up, like nudity is a bad thing, they can def make others feel self-conscious. don't let them do that to ya.

when i was in my early 30's i went back to school (i'm near boston, usa, btw), and most of my classmates were your age and younger. when i went to use this big $ college's new gym, the 1st weird thing i saw were the seperate shower stalls -- like a women's locker room. the second strange thing was that these young guys usually didn't shower after their work out (!!!), or changed wearing a towel (maybe they didn't want to show-off their chastity belts??).

After i graduated, I got a job at another college. Their gym was much older and had open showers. The younger guys were a little less self-conscious; probably because of the open showers, though one guy showered with his tighty whities on, which looked stupid, and kind of missed the point. He was black and, surprisingly, they seem to be the most inhibited nudity-wise.

Here's another observation: the only 2 men i saw, out of hundreds, who washed their FEET were me and another guy my age.

I won't get into the cursory way most of these men "washed" their junk and ass crack, but it made me understand why stds are so virulant and widespread.

being so bashful is a very bad habit to get into, because it makes Life, which is difficult enough, more difficult. these poor guys look 'prissy' to me. And i don't know any guy that WANTS to look that way to others.

I would imagine this effects their sex life, too. I've been with men, with nice bodies, who were nudity inhibited, and it didn't help the sex at all. Ever try group sex? I've had lousy gs, mediocre gs, and great group sex. Dynamics vary, but i recommend trying it at least twice. At no time EVER on these ocassions, or during any other sexual scene, do you want to feel self-conscious when naked -- gym shape or not.

maybe if your peers see you naked, they'll loosen up and try it. It's just so much fun being naked, even when you're not getting laid.

i'm living for the day when it's socially acceptable to shower with a hardon in any gym. Boners just look better than softies.

After your next workout, 'do us' all proud n walk to that shower room with towel draped around neck, so your hands are free to carry that shampoo n bodywash n mousse n gel -- like a real man ;)

nice cock, btw ;9p....

scottredleter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm shocked by the level of bashfulness among men in a shower situation. It seems to be a new thing. I know the guys who were most free about being naked in the locker room were the most confident guys, and usually leaders in the group. I suppose there may be a homophobia aspect to this too. God forbid anyone look at your junk and think it looks suckable.

B_Hornaplenty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know whether i'd feel right going in naked when there are guys my age that don't??

Thanks for you're help
You have a superb cock, man, so don't be reticent. You have an excellent example of manhood, so walk right into that shower room with your package in plain sight.

Re cut or uncut, I'm much older than you and I'm cut, but from what I see at my gym the ratio seems to be 50:50.

london_bi

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Man, don't worry. You've got a big cock so nothing to worry about and there's nothing wrong with showering naked - it's totally normal.

At my gym seems like 2/3 are uncut and 1/3 are cut.

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've never showered at the gym before. I also mostly work out outside. I worked out at a gym in high school. Though, it seemed completely normal to me to take a shower after I got back home rather than at the gym. Even in gym class in high school and middle school, I never showered at school, always at home. Only once do I remember the guys showering in the locker room shower after gym class back in middle school. Never saw anyone shower afterward in high school. I suspect their wasn't time. We were only told to go change in the last five minutes.

bendigoboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Why not wear the speedos in, stand in the water for a while, then take them off to wash the pool chemicals out?
That gives you an "excuse" to get naked if you feel uncomfortable about just going in like that. You never know - your technique might catch on!

MrHangman

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nudity is liberating. Just by posting nude photos of myself on websites like this I feel much better about my own body. Just go for the shower, man.

P.S. I'm 19 and cut. But that's pretty typical in U.S.A. I noticed you're English.

Pebbz

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i read an australian survey sayin that about 1/3 of 18-25y/o are cut but then the graph changes to 3/4 cut as the age on the graph goes up to 65.

joker25

Cherished Member
Media
Hey Man,

I am 23, and uncut. When I'm at the gym I shower naked as the day I was born. I find it liberating and just natural. And the funny thing is that I'll see guys in the pool or gym with great physiques, and then I'll get to the shower, and they'll shower in their trunks. And wrap a towel around to get changed so that no one can see their junk. And they have great bodies! I guess their built but not built "down under". But by all means, I shower naked and it's me at 23, and then guys 16 - 26 who shower clothed (usually) and then older guys showering naked. I don't know how some of these young guys can be so shy. But to each their own!

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
as all of my LPSG brothers keep saying here, it's all about your comfort level. If you are relaxed and pleased with your body, then be proud to wear what you want, and be proud to let your fully naked body be seen by others who are there for the same reason as you: to work out, to be social, and, when showering, to get clean.

Humans are animals. Take off all the clothes and you have skin, hair, and body parts. Michaelangelo looked at the human body as art- and it is. There is no 'standard.' There is no 'perfection.' There is beauty in all form- rough, smooth, old, young. I think the thing that means the most is the fact that you are part of the human race. You are man, and you have a role to play.

So if you more comfortable in showering at home, then do so. If you want to wear your swimwear (or your underwear!) into the showers, I'd say wear it in to use the water to rinse your clothes but be prepared to take them off and wash your own body- because that's the practical reason why showers exist at a gym.

If other guys look at you, return their eye contact and smile. Be confident. Demand their eyes look into your eyes- if they keep looking at your body and you don't like it, you can communicate 1000 words non-verbally with just a glance or glare. If someone looks at your naked body and you like it, look them in the eye and smile. They are looking because you are worth looking at. It's up to you whether you decide the 'look' to be appreciation, or inappropriate gawking, leering or staring. If that happens and you don't like it, reach for your towel. Stare the fool in the face, roll your eyes, whatever. The less you say is actually better. Worse case scenario is to take it up with the gym/club manager- but be prepared to make a big ol' issue.

Even if you become partially aroused or excited from the nudity- relax man. All the guys in there have cocks and they know how they work. Sometimes a semi is just that- it doesn't mean that you are being inappropriate in any way.

Hope that helps.