Gym/Pool showers

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
people seem so insecure these days it's ridiculous. I work at the gym on my school campus, one of my jobs being to walk around and watch everyone just in case someone gets hurt (it's a huge gym, 3 floors big over at Umass Amherst?). They only have me work the desk jobs now. Know why? A couple guys saw me staring at their ass for a few seconds and "got scared". Went and told my bosses about it, and they practically flipped out (in their, we're super nice and awkward way since they're all brand new to this kind of thing and had no idea how to handle it). I got so much crap about learning how handle oneself in a crowd, learning how to not be creepy and not make people "uncomfortable".
I don't know...the issue is so super sensitive to so many people these days it just seems silly. It kinda goes along with the no ever talks to each other anymore issue due to technology and culture thing (at least in New England). People glare at you for saying "hello" sometimes. Get over it already...

Reactions: S_Dick

im8cut

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
im 23 and cut and hate open showers. the gym at my college has private showers and i'm glad for it. i think anyone who wants to shower with a speedo on should be allowed to, who is it bothering?

usually after the gym i have class and don't want to take a 20 min shower, i just wanna wash the shit off me and gtfo.

if i knew i HAD to shower in an open situation, i would though.

you should be able to keep your privates private !!!

you should be able to keep your privates private !!!

Yet you have no problem posting pictures of your "privates" on the Internet for hundreds/thousands/millions of people to see compared to an open shower that might have 20 guys at the most in there. :confused: I sure don't get the younger generation. :rolleyes:

D_Otis Clanghorn

Account Disabled
Media
In a certain way, people are simply closed when it comes to their body. For example, when my class went to the pools, when it was time to shower, of the almost 30 male classmates, only 3, including myself, showered naked. The rest either used the speedo or used the private showers. In my opinion, if you're not ashamed of your body (or cock), then you should show it, as a way to make a point that your a little bit better that other guys that are ashamed of themselves. Also, i'm uncut.

Penispower

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What is all this stupid nonsense about showering with your clothes on?! Seriously, i have a hard time thinking of a more sissy, weak and non-manly thing to do than being so damn embarrassed about being naked and essentially about being a man, that you'll shower with your freaking shorts on.

Why do some guys seem to confuse nudity and sex? The locker room is a non sexual place but it damn sure is a place where men are NUDE. It's really the only place left where men are men and not construction workers, accountants, cops, politicians, etc. Stripped of our clothes we're just naked men. So if you got a pair you'll shower naked. Like men always have. This isn't about sex or dick size or even nudity. It's way bigger than that. It's about taking a damn stand for our male culture. Do we want a world where men are ashamed of their dicks? In other words ashamed of being male... I don't.

zpacifico

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
at my local swimming pool I can always say who is a foreigner, they tend to keep their swim wear on even tho there are signs that explicitly say in all possible languages that they should be taken off while showering. I personally feel free being naked, there are all generations of men there and we all have the same thing between the legs. sometimes some erections might occur but nobody will say anything. what surprised me the most was the amount of men trimming and shaving their cock and balls.
on the other hand if a guy has a nice piece of cock then why hiding it?!

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What is all this stupid nonsense about showering with your clothes on?! Seriously, i have a hard time thinking of a more sissy, weak and non-manly thing to do than being so damn embarrassed about being naked and essentially about being a man, that you'll shower with your freaking shorts on.

Why do some guys seem to confuse nudity and sex? The locker room is a non sexual place but it damn sure is a place where men are NUDE. It's really the only place left where men are men and not construction workers, accountants, cops, politicians, etc. Stripped of our clothes we're just naked men. So if you got a pair you'll shower naked. Like men always have. This isn't about sex or dick size or even nudity. It's way bigger than that. It's about taking a damn stand for our male culture. Do we want a world where men are ashamed of their dicks? In other words ashamed of being male... I don't.

I approve of this message *giggles*, fits your user name quite well, don't you think?

D_Otis Clanghorn

Account Disabled
Media
Maybe, but from the people i saw that showered naked, besides my classmates, the main point was their personality, since normally the size had a very wide range, and some people who were bigger than me actually used the private shower, just so you see is not always a matter of size.

I agree completely! To me, there is nothing more sissy and unmanly than a guy who can't shower around other guys in the nude. Showering with clothes on, doing the towel dance or making a run for a stall and sealing the curtain shut is totally unbecoming of a man. Like you, I detest the new thinking of younger guys that it is shameful to be a man. It's certainly not the kind of world I want to live in. The men's locker room and shower is the only place left that women haven't been able to invade physically, so they brainwash their sons into believing that it's wrong/gay to be nude around other men. My attitude is to grow a pair and man up, or stay the hell out of the men's locker room and shower. Instead, run home and shower in fear with the women folk. :cool:

buddy629

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Showering in Speedos is weird, because you can't clean your but and "weapon" when in shorts. I'm older but also noticed, that a lot of guys in your age are much more prude than we was. As I was in your age, the guys would have laughed if someone entered the shower with shorts. Be proud, be natural and shower naked! Thats the way it should be!

The Cut/Uncut Case is maybe a regional thing. Overhere in switzerland the most boys are uncutted! Some are circumsised because of religion. Others because the parents think it is easier to keep your best friend clean.

I prefer to stay uncut! A 4skin is a gift and a wonderfull plaything.. :))) In my eyes its a crime to cut little boys! They should decide by them self, when they are adult. I know a lot of man who are totally unhappy that they are cutted. Of course i know also a bunch of guys who are happy without 4skin. Whatever. Be selfsecure! You are absolutely ok the way you are. Don't change your mind because of the others! As long as you feel ok with yourself, enjoy life and enjoy yourself!

I absolutely agree!

Thanks for all your advice guys, now proudly showering naked! :)

Good for you man! :cool: Once you get over your initial shyness, you'll know that it's no big deal. I had an awesome time in the sauna and shower after my workout today. I started chatting with a couple of guys. We were all as naked as the day we were born. One of the guys was pacing around the sauna completely naked letting it all hang out. We then proceeded to the shower to finish our conversation. Not one of used the stalls - only the Bradley shower towers. After all, how can you carry on a conversation when you are caged up in a stall? To me, this is how men should behave. In my day, guys who were extremely modest were teased relentlessly and called gay. Towel dancing, showering with clothes on or demanding a stall would have resulted in a guy being the laughing stock of the locker room. You just got over yourself and did it.

seabud206

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no idea what the big deal is. I have been going to the gym for years and never have a problem going naked in the showers. Not a big deal to me. I have seen all ages in the shower and some are in their swimsuits and all but to me it just doesn't make sense. Why shower in a swimsuit?

Reactions: S_Dick

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It even extends (no pun intended) to the pool, yesterday saw a younger couple (20s) she was in a 2 piece string bikini, he (with a very good body (not quite a 6pack) a few tats, had on swimshorts that came almost to his knees.... baffling... (I think I saw a jock band underneath...maybe he was an lpsg member not wanting to 'show'?

echo20

Sexy Member
Media
Using gym showers I only ever shower naked though my gym only has stalls but I get naked at the changing benches walk naked to the shower and walk naked back; before the renovations it used to be open and I showered naked then it really doesn't bother me. Over in the pool section of the gym it is still open showers I go into the shower with speedos on but take them off mid shower because as mentioned above they need to be rinsed out.

I'm 23 and live in Australia I have alot of friends that simply won't even change in front of each other it doesn't bother me at all and I wouldn't care what they're packing or not packing it just makes no sense to me; I find it strange behaviour to be so afraid of someone seeing you naked, it just doesn't phase me at all.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
funny thing is, I have seen some DEF 'manly, strong, masculine men' DO this (the towel dance) there is one young man, early 20s, hung like a mule, put his boxers on under his towel, then take the towel off and have to pull down the boxers so his cock doesn't hang out....has a 6 pack...then wears expensive loose clothes out...to each his own....sad tho...and he def puts a lot of work into his body

chip2

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
used to open gang showers, the guys at my gym dont seem to be shy, very open

watcher4sure

Just Browsing
Media
It should be required to shower after a workout. :) And no wearing of swimwear or underwear. That's just stupid. We need to be proud of our bodies. I'm 23 and cut. Most non-hispanic American guys I know well enough to know about their cut/uncut status are also cut.