Gym Showers Experience

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by scoobydoohoo, Aug 10, 2007.

1. scoobydoohoo

scoobydoohoo Member

The other day I was at the gym, went to shower and I could see this other guy across from me. He was totally tan except the underwear line (you could tell he went to the tanning salon A LOT!) He had an average dick, but he seemed to look over at me more than most guys do. He kinda looked like was about to sport a chub, but didn't - whatever. We checked each other out while showering, but nothing was said and nothing happened. After while he was changing, he moved over to be able to "see" me better. Again - I looked at him, he seemed to be looking at me. He took awhile, lotioning up his dick, freeballing and everything. Then we left.

Next day I went to the gym like 2 hours later, but he was there again. Total coincidence. Sat in the sauna (he was clothed - I was in a towel). Then showered in the same stalls as yesterday (across from each other). This time I got wood b/c I thought he wanted a show. He blantaly looked at me and he had no problem showing me his goods - so I thought he was cool. He didn't get wood or do anything else. So I thought maybe he got nervous or something. It didn't really matter. Got dressed and left.

As I was putting my shit away in my car, he comes up to me and gets in my face and say. "What the fuck are you doing man. You are creeping me out. If I ever catch you do that shit again I'm going to the manager. Don't you ever let me catch you again. Two days in a row - that's not a coincidence!!" I was so taken aback by it, all I could say, was "Fine. Okay..." (He was probably 35 - I'm 26.) Then I was thinking, WTF - He was staring at my cock the same. Weird. And it was a coincidence, I came to the gym two hours later the next day. I've never had that experience before.

I've jacked off in the showers at the gym all the time - sometimes by myself, other times people watch. I don't care. I've never had anyone stare me down like that and then say it was my fault. Most guys if they don't want to look don't make any eye contact with you or shower with their butts out. It's pretty obvious if you aren't "interested."

Maybe I just misinterpreted everything, but I never asked him to do anything or said anything to him. I don't go to the gym at that time anymore. Don't want him to to accuse me of something crazy.

2. scottbud

scottbud Active Member

Albums:
    I think he is a little confused and did want to act but was scared I think he might have some internal termouel that he is dealing with....maybe next time he will suck your cock scooby the fine specemen that it is.

3. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Erm, is this, erm, common?
    Not in my universe.

4. scoobydoohoo

scoobydoohoo Member

I should say that these showers are semi-private. They allow for a quick rub out with no one knowing. They just don't have any curtains.

I would never rub one out if it was an open shower or anything like that.

Make more sense?

5. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Much more. Thanks.

6. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Ummm. If you are ever in NYC try out the New York Sports Club in Chelsea (Known by the locals as the New York Sex Club) I go to Asphalt Green where such shenanigans are rare, people go to work out, have a sauna and shower so they can go someplace else to get a nut!

7. lasolasbud

lasolasbud Member

I’ll sport a chub while showering at the gym, seems only natural when soaping up. Hey, these things happen. My gym’s showers are partitioned but it’s very open and you can see everyone. I think most guys check each other out; you’d have to be blind not to. I hit the gym during off hours so most of the time the locker room is empty and so are the showers. And yes, I’ll admit I have got carried away and worked up a good load. I’ve also got busted lathering up the wood. Most of the time guys would just walk bye and not notice. Others will get into a stall with a view. Depending on who it is and how I feel, I’ll continue to completion. I guess there is a little exhibitionist in all of us.

8. Meniscus

Gold Member

I'm guessing this was a misunderstanding. You were looking at him because he was looking at you. And he was looking at you because you were looking at him. You thought he was interested, and you don't mind that, so you gave him a show. But that's not what he wanted, in fact it probably confirmed his worst fears about you, and he was creeped out.

(Or maybe he did want a show, felt confused and upset about it later, and decided to shift the blame to you in order to try to make himself feel better about his own reaction.)

I think the lesson to be learned here is that if someone is looking at you, you can't assume it means that they are interested. Sometimes the only reason a person is looking at you is because they noticed you looking at them, and they're just trying to figure you out. Personally, I've been on both sides of that sort of misunderstanding, but mature adults ought to be able to say, "Sorry I misunderstood" and "Hey, no hard feelings" then let it go and move on.

I do think the guy overreacted by confronting you the way he did. He sounds insecure and seems to have anger management issues. Clearly he's a bit homophobic. The sad thing is, you're probably not the only guy who has freaked him out a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of those guys who complains to his friends about how "fags" hit on him all the time, because he thinks every time another guy looks at him, it's a come on. It's pretty typical of homophobes to have that sort of paranoid perception that other guys are sexually objectifying them, which is sometimes just a projection of their own feelings.

Unfortunately, by being so attentive to other guys and how they think other guys are perceiving them, homophobes often put out mixed signals, thereby drawing the exact sort of attention from other guys that they don't want (and perhaps unconsciously do want), resulting in misunderstandings like this one.

I think it's best to avoid this guy, but don't think you should go out of your way to do so. Go to the gym whenever is most convenient for you, and if he's there he's there, and if he's not he's not. If he is there, stay as far away from him as possible, try not to look at him, and don't give him any reason to complain about you. Good luck.

9. Trigon

Trigon New Member

It's just a goddam shower.

You walk in sweaty and stinking, and you walk out clean. Don't want your clothes wet, so you strip. Where's the drama in that? What's with all this peeping and hiding and playing with yourself? Where's that coming from?

I think all of the curtains and partitions just encourage this shit, because if you couldn't hide what you were doing behind something, everyone would see how pathetic it was, and you probably wouldn't be doing it. If your bare butt was one more in a sea of other bare butts, you'd know whoever wanted a peek was getting a peek, and there was nothing you could do about it; so maybe, you'd focus your attention on the getting your naked ass out of there. The real shame is there's so many people hiding and peeping and staring and perving and getting pissed off, ..it's like we've all forgotten why we're in the damn lockerroom in the first place!

The old, industrial gang showers made it very clear what you were there for. Wash up..and get the fuck out.

Guarantee you put a bunch of naked guys dead-tired from losing a basketball game or busting up your arms on some free weights or whatever--put all of that frustration and anger and pain in a steaming, hot shower with two or three losers peeping at guys' pricks and rubbing themselves out in the open, where everybody can see them,..and all of this shit ends.

Show's over. The balcony is permanently closed.

It's just a shower for Christ's sake! Can we all just get our goddam shower and roll the hell out?

10. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

It's called objectification. He transferred his internal feelings on you. Then he could discharge his feelings by chewing you out. Like he's chastising himself via you. Probably some repressed/dislocated sexual confusion/repression/self-loathing going on.

11. Trigon

Trigon New Member

Or maybe the guy's just a normal guy using the lockerroom for what it's made for, without getting another guy's beliefs shoved up his ass?

Every gym has its own culture, and that culture should be respected. If it's a gay culture, maybe you shoud expect to get your can looked over; maybe you laugh it off, wash up and get the hell out. Maybe, you ask yourself what the fuck you're doing in a gay gym, if you don't like it.

But don't bring that shit to my gym, while I'm working my ass off, damn near to a heart attack to pull my stuff back together. I'm not in there to broaden my thinking and get a multicultural experience. I'm there to jack my shit back up as tight as I can get it, sweat like a fucking pig, wash it all off and roll out. Don't bring your peeping and grinning to my goddam gym. Please.

If I can deal with the gay situation (and I have), without judgment or comment, some of those gay guys need to respect mine.

Not directing this to anyone here specifically; just putting it out there.

12. stanley9

stanley9 Member

Thank you for putting it so well. Sometimes a shower is just a shower. All this shit about partitions, curtains, taking underwear on under a towel and putting underwear on under a towel is girls stuff. The more we make a mystery out of anything, the more interest there is in it. I would rather have an industrial gang style open shower over the pansy ass curtained individual stalls my gym has.

13. D_Rock_ N_Hardon

D_Rock_ N_Hardon Account Disabled

Albums:
    You see I think this is another example of a situation in which inappropriate behaviour occurred:

"This time I got wood b/c I thought he wanted a show"...there's your problem. For most men, showers are about getting clean after a workout, not luring guys into watching you develop an erection.

"I've jacked off in the showers at the gym all the time"...Really? Don't you think that's a little overtly sexual for a public facility?

A word of advice: go to the gym to work out and that's it...

14. arliss

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think he is a real closet case and experimenting with his sexuality--you pushed him over the edge by getting a hard on --he is not sure how to handle it ..but leave him alone....as for him telling the manager --let him--fuck it --you in no way violated him--so what you got a hard on--you were thinking about your wife--end of story......

15. gjorg

Gold Member

I am gonna let this one go because,I don't think we have all the facts. Normally I would take a stand but,this one seems two have 2 sides.

16. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, i agree with all of the above... mixed signals combined with a bit of confusion about self.

I almost have never gotten a hard on with someone there in the shower... have on occasions done so alone, only to have someone walk in on me. Usually I'd turn away to hide it... and in some instances ignored the individual.

That's what I'd do next time you see him. Pretend he's not there.

17. D_golden parachute

D_golden parachute New Member

I had to stop myself from laughing last time I was at the gym when about 7 men walked past me fully naked

I didn't know people actually did that

18. carlton10

carlton10 Member

I agree with others. Just ignore the guy if u ever see him again -Sounds like he is a bit off mentally and ready to pounce on anything that slightly disturbs him. I used to go to a gym with with some partitions between shower stalls but totally open otherwise- 6 on one side and 6 on the other- Saw many guys looking and showing and I didnt mind-Some got hardons in the shower and at times I did too- Only time I got pisssed at someone was when on many occasions a very obese guy kept coming in and out of the shower area ,always taking several showers with his swimtrunks on- and just gawking at everyone he could, He would be there daily almost- One day I just again saw him in the shower and as I passed him naked I just said he would get a lot more exercise and weight losss if he actually went out on the gym floor and exercised instead of spending all his time taking numerous showers and gawking- He didnt say anything .but just left the shower stall and apparently left the gym- Didnt see him that many more times in the shower area after that-

19. saabman

saabman New Member

Hold on bro. Let me get this straight. You were surprised that people get naked in a locker room? I guess you refuse to get naked in a locker room because you are one of those guys who doesn't want other guys to see you naked - but you will post pictures of your dick on the internet for everyone in the world to see? That is totally, totally messed up...:confused:

20. Osiris

Gold Member

Just steer clear of this guy. Now that the die has been cast so to speak, no telling what this guy would do. It could go either way.

Yeah we all check each other out, but I'm not going to want to see a guy toss one off in the gym shower. We are men and as such we have our vanity. We want to know we are bigger than the other guys so we check each other out.

Who knows what this guys beef is. Maybe he has issue with your beef being bigger. Maybe he wants your beef. Bottomline, sounds like a loose, emotional cannon. Watch yourself, he may just start crap for the sake of starting it.

Draft saved Draft deleted